Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Imo State Vs Osun State; Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Vs Osun State; Development (1743 Views)

Ogun Vs Osun Debate - Statisense / Buhari Participates In Katsina State Development Fund 2023 (Photos) / Abia State Development Thread- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by desmond2pk: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2023
Some years back, I took a business tour to some south Western towns. I was amazed by the level of sophisticated lives I saw in those little towns.
For example, in a single state like Osun state, they have Ilesa, ife, Osogbo, iwo and others. Thus are cities with banks, big businesses etc. The have many big business outlets represented in their cities like Thermecool, coca cola. During my tour in those cities, i noticed automobile businesses are active and doing well. You can sell or sell big SUVs in ife, ilesa, Iwo an indication of good and prosperous city.
I come from Imo State. The case is different here. The only business and major city is the capital city owerri. Orlu was tryijg to come up but it has been destroyed by both the govenment and seccessionists. Another town in Imo state is Oguta. But Oguta is a low featherweight town to compare with any of osun towns. There is no bank in Oguta not to talk of businesses. No major supermarket. Don't even talk about automobile businesses because it doesn't exist there. Okigwe is still a village. Its not even in the map anymore.
That's the reason revenues from South Western states are astronomically higher than those of South East.
Surprinsly both the government and the people of Imo state or South East in general are doing nothing to bridge the gap
Igbos should learn to start developing their own towns by themselves. The government should put the structures down .
The end

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Absuchat(m): 9:30am On Nov 16, 2023
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 9:31am On Nov 16, 2023
Lies lies grin ; grin grin
We all know

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2023
Okigwe alone
Will beat anyway in osun state 😂🤣🤣🤣 including the state capital
Let's not talk about orlu self

9 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Meagainstthem: 9:33am On Nov 16, 2023
We're not competing with anybody,please stop comparing our state, city and town with any other city, we are Yorubas and we're not competing with anyone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2023
Meagainstthem:
We're not competing with anybody,please stop comparing our state, city and town with any other city, we are Yorubas and we're not competing with anyone

Check all nairaland
It's your brothers that are starting it!
I even blame Igbos here for joining them!

Imagine someone comparing osun of all places to IMO
Which kind weed is working here

14 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Millimann: 9:40am On Nov 16, 2023
desmond2pk:

For example, in a single state like Osun state, they have Ilesa, ife, Osogbo, iwo and others. The case is different here. The only business and major city is the capital city owerri.
Only Orlu is better than all those villages you listed there, not to even talk of Owerri. Please don't mention Owerri in the same sentence w ith Osogbo. They are not mates. Is it the same Osogbo that I've been to or is there another Osogbo in Osun State?

Someone will just stay in one mud house in Ogbomosho and be writing nonsense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Meagainstthem: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2023
Nigercity:

Check all nairaland

Ogbeni I don't have time for this trash you are saying,because even mad man know who started it and continue doing it.

Nairaland archives can testify to it.

Lastly how sure are you the Op is Yoruba
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Jostoman: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2023
You no get Job.
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 9:48am On Nov 16, 2023
Osobgo city centre 2023 as posted by there governor grin grin grin
Abeg unu hapu mu aka🤣😂🤣🤣

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by MightySparrow: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2023
The truth is without SW, SE cannot survive.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2023
Millimann:

Only Orlu is better than all those villages you listed there, not to even talk of Owerri. Please don't mention Owerri in the same sentence w ith Osogbo. They are not mates. Is it the same Osogbo that I've been to or is there another Osogbo in Osun State?

Someone will just stay in one mud house in Ogbomosho and be writing nonsense.

Bro abeg
Orlu is too big for a comparison bro
Start with okigwe
There are many pharmaceutical companies in orlu, plus imo state international market! (It's not located in Owerri but orlu) so orlu is too big for osun
Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 9:53am On Nov 16, 2023
MightySparrow:
The truth is without SW, SE cannot survive.
Use that one an compensate yourself grin grin🤣😂

Remove Lagos
Almost everywhere nah jungle for SW 🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by fx45(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2023
Meagainstthem:

Ogbeni I don't have time for this trash you are saying,because even mad man know who started it and continue doing it.

You're right. The OP might not even be Yoruba. I suspect he's a Northerner. They're always in the habit of igniting ethnic rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas hiding behind assumed names and characters
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by IamAtikulate: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2023
LIES... LIES... LIES

I once passed through Ife and I couldn't believe that's a university town. Is it Oye in Ekiti?

Even Yoruba state capitals look like a pig farm compared to SE towns and you're here comparing their villages with SE villages.

This is your Ile Ife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN4vBl_sQpg

This is Oguta, Imo State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48PZm2bgh4w

5 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Ttipsy(f): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2023
IamAtikulate:
LIES... LIES... LIES

I once passed through Ife and I couldn't believe that's a university town. Is it Oye in Ekiti?

Even Yoruba state capitals look like a pig farm compared to SE towns and you're here comparing their villages with SE villages.

This is your Ile Ife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN4vBl_sQpg

This is Oguta, Imo State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48PZm2bgh4w
see the Oguta you guys want to compare with Osun towns ??
Nawa o
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by IamAtikulate: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2023
Ttipsy:
see the Oguta you guys want to compare with Osun towns ??
Nawa o
una no dey shame

Ife is the second largest town in Osun, yet it looks like a pig farm. Oguta is not even in the top 10 in Imo, yet it's giving your almighty Ife a bloody nose. The only beautiful places in Ife are the Ooni palace and the univerity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Csami(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2023
Nigercity:

Check all nairaland

I hear say osogbo weed dey powerful. You fit confuse B as 13 after two drag.
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by gidgiddy: 11:08am On Nov 16, 2023
desmond2pk:
Some years back, I took a business tour to some south Western towns. I was amazed by the level of sophisticated lives I saw in those little towns.
For example, in a single state like Osun state, they have Ilesa, ife, Osogbo, iwo and others. Thus are cities with banks, big businesses etc. The have many big business outlets represented in their cities like Thermecool, coca cola. During my tour in those cities, i noticed automobile businesses are active and doing well. You can sell or sell big SUVs in ife, ilesa, Iwo an indication of good and prosperous city.
I come from Imo State. The case is different here. The only business and major city is the capital city owerri. Orlu was tryijg to come up but it has been destroyed by both the govenment and seccessionists. Another town in Imo state is Oguta. But Oguta is a low featherweight town to compare with any of osun towns. There is no bank in Oguta not to talk of businesses. No major supermarket. Don't even talk about automobile businesses because it doesn't exist there. Okigwe is still a village. Its not even in the map anymore.
That's the reason revenues from South Western states are astronomically higher than those of South East.
Surprinsly both the government and the people of Imo state or South East in general are doing nothing to bridge the gap
Igbos should learn to start developing their own towns by themselves. The government should put the structures down .
The end

From the way you talk, anyone can tell your a Yoruba man claiming to be from Imo State, only an outsider would say that secessionist are are destroying Imo State, because he does not know what is going on there and has to go by what the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media say, rather than what Imolites say

As for this talk about IGR, you can have all the IGR in the world, but if you have nothing to show for it, the IGR is useless

I have often asked Yorubas and the Northerners to show us that place that they developed with their sweat, ingenuity and IGR, that was never capital of anywhere. But they cant. Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha have never been capital of anywhere, but the Igbo man used his sweat and IGR to make those places what they are, with no government help

Let Yorubas and Northerners show us that place they developed without the place needing to be capital city, and recieving massive government help

Everthing in life is not about shouting about IGR and claiming to be politically on top, show us something tangible you achieved on your own

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Benwallt(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2023
Meagainstthem:

Why are you engaging him?
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Meagainstthem: 11:15am On Nov 16, 2023
Benwallt:

Why are you engaging him?

Just to correct his lies that it's Yoruba people doing.
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by IamAtikulate: 11:20am On Nov 16, 2023
gidgiddy:

From the way you talk, anyone can tell your a Yoruba man claiming to be from Imo State, only an outsider would say that secessionist are are destroying Imo State, because he does not know what is going on there and has to go by what the Lagos/Ibadan expressway media say, rather than what Imolites say

As for this talk about IGR, you can have all the IGR in the world, but if you have nothing to show for it, the IGR is useless

I have often asked Yorubas and the Northerners to show us that place that they developed with their sweat, ingenuity and IGR, that was never capital of anywhere. But they cant. Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha have never been capital of anywhere, but the Igbo man used his sweat and IGR to make those places what they are, with no government help

Let Yorubas and Northerners show us that place they developed without the place needing to be capital city, and recieving massive government help

Everthing in life is not about shouting about IGR and claiming to be politically on top, show us something tangible you achieved on your own
Please remove Northerner from that your mouth. I can bet it that no Yoruba state capital, except Ikeja, can stand above Kano and Kaduna. Even Katsina City will still give them bloody nose

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Benwallt(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2023
Meagainstthem:

Just to correct his lies that it's Yoruba people doing.

You are not suppose to exchange more than one message with him. Let him satisfy himself with his lies.
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by SSFeedsNigeria: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Lol, it's obvious this village man has never stepped out of his slum settlement in the SW. There is no place in Osun state that can be compared with Owerri. Non of your so-called towns including ile Ife can be compared to Oguta talk less of Okigwe and Orlu. When it comes to habitations, yorubaland is the worst in Nigeria, no jokes!

desmond2pk:
The end
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by desmond2pk: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2023
I didn't write this to cause ethnic fight here. What I stated here is the truth based on what I have observed in the two states.
Those people comparing Oguta to Ilesa or Ife, let me ask you, is there any bank in Oguta?
Do you have car shops in Oguta?
Can you sell cars in Oguta?
Oguta people have to come to the express road at Ihialla to make any transaction. If oguta is economically strong, banks would have sprouted . My Son is in Bowen University Iwo Osun State. I do always drop him off there. Iwo, being the least in development in osun state is more developed than any Imo town.
Like I said, orlu has been destroyed.
The IGR says alot.
Business activities say alot.
Don't come here to bear your empty chest. I have been to both states.
Imo people should do more for themselves. Nothing is going on there.
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Nigercity: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
desmond2pk:
I didn't write this to cause ethnic fight here. What I stated here is the truth based on what I have observed in the two states.
Those people comparing Oguta to Ilesa or Ife, let me ask you, is there any bank in Oguta?
Do you have car shops in Oguta?
Can you sell cars in Oguta?
Oguta people have to come to the express road at Ihialla to make any transaction. If oguta is economically strong, banks would have sprouted . My Son is in Bowen University Iwo Osun State. I do always drop him off there. Iwo, being the least in development in osun state is more developed than any Imo town.
Like I said, orlu has been destroyed.
The IGR says alot.
Business activities say alot.
Don't come here to bear your empty chest. I have been to both states.
Imo people should do more for themselves. Nothing is going on there.
Lmao grin
You are talking nonsense
Pure trash! Because oguta and ihala are almost one separated by state creation
Buh ihala happens to be the core commercial city with multiple banks hotels, different universities in it and oguta is just a stone throw from ihala, you now want all banks in ihala to relocate to oguta..
Make it make sense!
And because ihala is over shadowing oguta
You now come out to say that osun is more developed than imo state..
Like are you really okay?
No place in osun Can lace the shoes of okigwe and orlu, if there is
Mention the place lets compare!

Orlu has a bigger market than osun
Fact, have you been to the imo international market in orlu, same goes to okigwe

1 Like

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by desmond2pk: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nigercity:

Lmao grin
You are talking nonsense
Pure trash! Because oguta and ihala are almost one separated by state creation
Buh ihala happens to be the core commercial city with multiple banks hotels, different universities in it and oguta is just a stone throw from ihala, you now want all banks in ihala to relocate to oguta..
Make it make sense!
And because ihala is over shadowing oguta
You now come out to say that osun is more developed than imo state..
Like are you really okay?
No place in osun Can lace the shoes of okigwe and orlu, if there is
Mention the place lets compare!

Orlu has a bigger market than osun
Fact, have you been to the imo international market in orlu, same goes to okigwe

I didn't know that ihialla is better or bigger than oguta. I didn't know that ihialla is overshadowing oguta. You made the comparisons.
I have said my own concern what I observed in osun and imo states.
Imo people should do more. That's all
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by MightySparrow: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nigercity:

Use that one an compensate yourself grin grin🤣😂

Remove Lagos
Almost everywhere nah jungle for SW 🤣🤣

Is Lagos now the capital of SE?
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Obagreatdatoye(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nigercity:

Bro abeg
Orlu is too big for a comparison bro
Start with okigwe
There are many pharmaceutical companies in orlu, plus imo state international market! (It's not located in Owerri but orlu) so orlu is too big for osun
Abeg
There's nothing special...about orlu.
The only better place in Orlu is Amaifeke...down to the local government secretariat. After that nothing.

Nwangele is still better alone
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by Corn247: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:
Lol, it's obvious this village man has never stepped out of his slum settlement in the SW. There is no place in Osun state that can be compared with Owerri. Non of your so-called towns including ile Ife can be compared to Oguta talk less of Okigwe and Orlu. When it comes to habitations, yorubaland is the worst in Nigeria, no jokes!

The tertiary institutions in osun alone is more than that of Abia and Imo combined. Let's start from there, same thing with banks

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by SSFeedsNigeria: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2023
Corn247:

The tertiary institutions in osun alone is more than that of Abia and Imo combined. Let's start from there, same thing with banks

Shifting goal posts again? Lol, I bet you, Aba alone has more banks than the entire Osun state. Don't even go there, people living in such deadbeat environment like Oshobo and ile Ife won't even have enough cash flow or disposable income to need many banks. You just embarrassed yourself.

As for number of tertiary institutions. How many are there in Osun state? Have you counted the ones in Abia or Imo, so how did you arrive at that conclusion? Another of your delusions? At least, Imo State has far more number of graduates and undergraduates than your Osun state, and that's what matters most grin grin
Re: Imo State Vs Osun State; Development by desmond2pk: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

Shifting goal posts again? Lol, I bet you, Aba alone has more banks than the entire Osun state. Don't even go there, people living in such deadbeat environment like Oshobo and ile Ife won't even have enough cash flow or disposable income to need many banks. You just embarrassed yourself.

As for number of tertiary institutions. How many are there in Osun state? Have you counted the ones in Abia or Imo, so how did you arrive at that conclusion? Another of your delusions? At least, Imo State has far more number of graduates and undergraduates than your Osun state, and that's what matters most grin grin

You stop shifting goal post. Osun state has more schools which brought more developments to those towns.
What do we have in imo?
Instead of beatihg empty chest, we should do more for ourselves.
Imo state has nothing and our IGR tells it all.
Orlu has nothing to compare with ife or ilesa etc.
The owerri you guys are talking about is how many streets?
We need more cities in imo state. Government should build more road networks and more market places to encourage businesses. Investors should be encouraged to build more schools in other towns like orlu, okigwe, oguta and mba ise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why They Wanted Jonathan Out Vs Why They Want Tinubu In / Army Warns Igboho Is Out Of Line If He Disregards Armed Forces To Attack Bandits / Cnn Biased Reporting In Lebanon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.