Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Reconnecting After 4 Years: From Best Buds To Broken Bonds - How I Learned To Tr - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reconnecting After 4 Years: From Best Buds To Broken Bonds - How I Learned To Tr (103 Views)

What Is The Best Financial Advice You’ve Ever Been Given Or Learned On Nairalan? / FG To Auction ₦150 Billion Bonds In April / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reconnecting After 4 Years: From Best Buds To Broken Bonds - How I Learned To Tr by BXNX: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2023
Reconnecting After 4 Years: From Best Buds to Broken Bonds - How I Learned to Trust My Gut and Let Go

True life incident!

It had been four long years since we last met, marked by a painful misunderstanding that had kept us apart. Life has a way of testing friendships, and ours was no exception. However, fate decided to bring us back together, and the reunion was not without its share of surprises.

As we caught up on lost time, it became evident that there had been misinformation on both ends, leading to the estrangement. It was a relief to discover the truth and move past the barriers that had kept us apart. Little did I know that more revelations awaited me.

My friend had ventured into the world of Point of Sale (POS), but things weren't going well for him in that arena. Trying to be supportive, I introduced him to content writing and Canva, hoping to open new avenues for him. It was during this period that he mentioned enrolling in a 2,000 naira affiliate program.

Encouraging him, I shared valuable videos on affiliate marketing to help him navigate the unfamiliar territory. However, a cloud of mistrust began to loom when I suggested using his other outlet for business purposes. His hesitant response triggered a familiar sense of betrayal, a feeling I had experienced in the past.

One day, while casually chatting and sharing a moment while we spliff, I noticed his phone screen open to the affiliate app. In an attempt to guide and support him, I asked to see the details. What followed was unexpected - a sudden change in his demeanor, as if I was about to exploit his secrets. The page was swiftly closed, leaving me disturbed.

This incident, coupled with the reluctance to share his business outlet, became the proverbial last straw. Despite my efforts to mentor and assist him, his actions spoke volumes about the nature of our friendship. It wasn't just about the money; it was about trust and mutual support.

Having encountered similar red flags in the past and learning from those experiences, I decided it was time to prioritize my own well-being. In a calm and collected manner, I communicated my need for solitude, explaining that I wanted to focus on my personal growth.

As the saying goes, "When a man focuses on himself, he makes a fortune." It was a painful but necessary decision to part ways. Sometimes, recognizing and acting upon red flags is an essential step toward building a life free from toxic relationships.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Russia, Norway… See Countries With Highest And Cheapest Data Prices Glo / Student, Stay At Home Mom Or Anyone Looking For A Side Hustle? Look Here / Do You Want To Be A Copywriter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.