Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking (28617 Views)

Cancer: Helen Mccrory Dies At 52 / Ella Nnabuchi Is Quitting Music Over Lack Of Finance (Video) / Taiwo Ajai-Lycett: I Was Robbed & Raped At 65, Dropped Out At 16, Widowed At 52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by AImiron: 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
Snoop Dogg’s notorious love for consuming weed could be about to go up in smoke, as the rapper claimed to fans on Thursday that he is quitting smoking.

Fans were immediately unconvinced by the admission, with some wondering if it was just a publicity stunt ahead of a new business venture with edibles.

'I’m giving up smoke,' the rapper claimed in his post, which included a fuller statement reading: 'After much consideration with my family, I've decided to give up smoke.'

The 52-year-old added before signing off the message, 'Please respect my privacy at this time.'

It has come as a shock to fans of the veteran rapper due to his open appreciation for the drug, which has extended to numerous business ventures, among them edibles, weed strains and a digital media business devoted to marijuana related news.

It was once claimed that the rapper - born Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr - had someone rolling 75-150 joints for him per day, which he would later dispute and dismiss.

Renegade Piranha, who had claimed to be Snoop's 'personal blunt roller' (PBR) said last year: 'On average, I do about half a pound a day, which seems excessive. So that's roughly like 75 to 150 units per day. I calculate it at over 450,000 blunts.'

However, in March this year he admitted he had moderated his weed intake after becoming a grandfather.

Speaking to DailyMail.com in March, Snoop said his personal use was scrutinized after eldest child Cordé became a father to son Zion in 2015.

'Being a grandfather has changed me in multiple ways,' he said.

'The main way is being concerned with how I live, how I move, the kind of people I’m associated with, because I want to see my grandkids grow old.

The only way I can do that is to take precautionary steps as far as how I move, who I hang out with, where I go out, my intake, what am I intaking?

'Am I doing extra-curricular or am I just doing what I’m supposed to be doing?'

The father-of-four is a parent to Cordé, 28, Cordell, 26, and Cori, 23, from his 25-year marriage to Shante Broadus, and son Julian, 25 from a former relationship with Laurie Holmond.

Snoop is no stranger to weed and revealed in a 2013 Twitter Q&A that he smokes up to 81 blunts per day, which is consistent with the estimate of his personal joint roller.

In 2015, the rap artist launched his own platform called Merry Jane, a lifestyle media site that serves as an information hub for everyone interested in weed geared towards the occasional to the daily smoker.

DAILYMAIL

9 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by brain54(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
shocked
E go hard you o…

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
AImiron:
Snoop Dogg’s notorious love for consuming weed could be about to go up in smoke, as the rapper claimed to fans on Thursday that he is quitting smoking.

Fans were immediately unconvinced by the admission, with some wondering if it was just a publicity stunt ahead of a new business venture with edibles.

'I’m giving up smoke,' the rapper claimed in his post, which included a fuller statement reading: 'After much consideration with my family, I've decided to give up smoke.'

The 52-year-old added before signing off the message, 'Please respect my privacy at this time.'

It has come as a shock to fans of the veteran rapper due to his open appreciation for the drug, which has extended to numerous business ventures, among them edibles, weed strains and a digital media business devoted to marijuana related news.

It was once claimed that the rapper - born Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr - had someone rolling 75-150 joints for him per day, which he would later dispute and dismiss.

Renegade Piranha, who had claimed to be Snoop's 'personal blunt roller' (PBR) said last year: 'On average, I do about half a pound a day, which seems excessive. So that's roughly like 75 to 150 units per day. I calculate it at over 450,000 blunts.'

However, in March this year he admitted he had moderated his weed intake after becoming a grandfather.

Speaking to DailyMail.com in March, Snoop said his personal use was scrutinized after eldest child Cordé became a father to son Zion in 2015.

'The main way is being concerned with how I live, how I move, the kind of people I’m associated with, because I want to see my grandkids grow old.

The only way I can do that is to take precautionary steps as far as how I move, who I hang out with, where I go out, my intake, what am I intaking?

The father-of-four is a parent to Cordé, 28, Cordell, 26, and Cori, 23, from his 25-year marriage to Shante Broadus, and son Julian, 25 from a former relationship with Laurie Holmond.

Snoop is no stranger to weed and revealed in a 2013 Twitter Q&A that he smokes up to 81 blunts per day, which is consistent with the estimate of his personal joint roller.

In 2015, the rap artist launched his own platform called Merry Jane, a lifestyle media site that serves as an information hub for everyone interested in weed geared towards the occasional to the daily smoker.

DAILYMAIL

Nlfpmod mynd44 Frontpage boss

He can go fk himself for all I care

5 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by GreatAutos(m): 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2023
This one lungs go don suffer pains for God knows how long 😂

I know some of you will say he takes medications and all that.

Bro igbo na igbo 😂

59 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by kestolove95(m): 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2023
He can no longer live young, wild and free

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by FuckingMachine: 7:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
Cancer diagnosis loading...
Doctor's report will humble you.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by waternogetenemy: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2023
HE SHOULD CONTINUE

6 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by thesicilian: 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2023
4KNGOATS:

He can go fk himself for all I care
Says those who're too young to know who snoop doggy Dogg is

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Chochovini: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2023
Yes, just like all the mosquitoes in my area have decided to quit biting and sucking peoples blood. Rats also want to quit stealing groundnuts and MALOS will stop being terrorists and live in peace with normal people.
Isn‘t it interesting?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Dikastan: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2023
Who cares

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by JASONjnr(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Nobody ever stop a habit abruptly....

It's always through processes and he will have to undergo that process to complete rid itself off it.

If you believe this, you can literally believe that Tinubu isn't a drug dealer.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by AdamuKD: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
Na guy na human chimney

7 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by illicit(m): 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
I did too

It's a good idea

✌️

16 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2023
AImiron:

DAILYMAIL

Nlfpmod mynd44 Frontpage boss

Which of the Smokes 🚬? grin
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Houseofglam7(f): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2023
😊
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by 4KNGOATS(m): 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2023
thesicilian:

Says those who're too young to know who snoop doggy Dogg is
It's an insult for a guy in my caliber to know riff raff celebrities like your old dog. Two of you should go 4k urselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Woodshot: 9:19pm On Nov 16, 2023
grin
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by thesicilian: 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2023
4KNGOATS:

It's an privilege for a boy in my caliber to know celebrities like your old dog. I and my family will go 4k ourselves

9 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Dididrumz(m): 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
👌
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Homologous: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
Iná lójú iná lénu - snoop Dogg lounjebe

1 Like

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Petrece: 11:56pm On Nov 16, 2023
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Rexnegro(m): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
Good for him
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Sirianese: 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
AImiron:

DAILYMAIL

He'll be vaping still tho

You can't quit a decade-long marijuana addiction cold-turkey without falling violently sick

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by CoronaVirusPro: 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2023
Your body will always tell you when its done!

That's the only thing humans respect! Body language!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Padipadi(m): 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
The demon of smoking said I should tell Snoop Baba that it's for better for worst.
Kpuff more to live long. You aren't quitting anything.
We die here!

1 Like

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by Skillsnigeria: 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2023
That's good

1 Like

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by gentposh: 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
a
Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:59pm On Nov 16, 2023
Him wan go for break! Smoking is the most difficult thing to stop after masturbation.

6 Likes

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by tetralogyfallot(m): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2023
Wish him well sha. But it's a very difficult task mehn.

1 Like

Re: At 52, Snoop Dogg Says He Is Quitting Smoking by joseph1832(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2023
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephnora Okere And Asari Dokuboh (Picture) / Little Boy Wins 44.8m On Bet9ja - See His Betslip Code / Nigerian Celebrities Kissing Dolphins [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.