Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) (54025 Views)

1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / South Korea: Robot Kills Factory Worker After Mistaking Him For Box Of Vegetable / Rainstorm Pulls Down A Mast In Ogba, As Thunder Storm Cut Down A Tree In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by fineberry(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
This white people knows how to monumentalize everything, they always want to be the first to do everything. There are some tree or other stuff that is worthy to be monumentalize in Nigeria/ Africa....but an average African man no get time for all that.

Reasons it's always look like the white are the one doing or breaking all records
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Papayaayasager(m): 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
Indians for don dey worship am by now.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. English hard sha.

Hello?

What does this mean? Why did you quote me to say this?
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Chochovini: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Hello?

What does this mean? Why did you quote me to say this?
. Go back to your comment that prompted that quote. You‘ll umderstand better.
Excuse me pls.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. Go back to your comment that prompted that quote. You‘ll umderstand better.
Excuse me pls.

No, I will not 'excuse' you.

I just wanted to make sure that I got the reason behind your comment right before jumping into conclusion. I wanted to be certain if you were saying English was hard FOR ME or FOR YOU, and now I'm cleared on that.

So, you're not telling me that I am a well-loved English student, a cynosure in the eyes of every teacher—especially my favourite English teachers, and that I scored 280+ in my UTME (which translates to a higher score in Use of English) for you to come and attempt to lecture me on grammar, albeit pitifully, are you? Oh, damn. If that line I wrote posed a comprehension issue for you, I wouldn't expect you to understand the compound-complex sentence I just made.

Anyway, I do not care. I will still do this, because you came for me first and I will respond as I deem fit. You cannot call me out that way, and then chicken out. Do you think that is a good look on you? So finish what you've started.

Please indulge me, and explain it to me like I am a ten-year-old, why you consider "it truly is" an "hard" statement to make in English. 'Hard' on what basis? Ignorance? Grammatical incorrectness? I will appreciate your proposal of how I should have worded that.

Thank you.

In the meantime, I have done a little research of my own and I hope you take the time to go through it. No, I didn't do it because you made me doubt my writing skills/knowledge or something (I will admit doing it was some sort of ego trip for me, sha, LOL), but I am doing it because...just because.

These are samples from a website that provides writing services in English language, and an English-language-based forum.

- Ludwig Guru

- Stack Exchange

One of the websites featured an AI response as well as excerpts from articles written in The New York Times and The New Yorker containing the words "it truly is...".

So, dear Chochovini of Nairaland, the Grammarian Sensei, I have justified my reason for using that phrase by providing proofs and appealing to the authority derived from reputable publications. You disagree, therefore, prove me wrong and defend why you claimed "English is hard sha," or whatever, over what I said.

And it's "excuse me, please". A comma should come before "please". It is not a text word that requires abbreviating. Why do you also have a penchant for starting your comments with a full stop? Is that right? undecided

For someone who wants to police how others write on the forum, I'd expect you to write in a pristine way reflecting your values, abi? Tch.

I'll be looking forward to you responding, sha, and if you fail to do so, I hope it will signify the continuation of our interaction on this forum being on a parallel-line basis.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by tafat: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
Wow, beautiful. Will dey allow people climb it?
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
Chochovini, now, boy, why are you scared of quoting me normally? You went to edit your first comment to me?

I wouldn't have seen it if I wasn't going through my mentions.

And if you had a issue with quoting my long response, you should have edited it out, BUT MADE SURE to mention me, not edit a previous response. So cowardly.

Now let's see what you've written.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. English hard sha.
E pain am.

First of all, how do you attack someone and expect them not to respond to you back? And secondly, say the person whom you attacked was even hurt, why should that be an issue? Insulting someone and then bashing them for being hurt by your mean behaviour is not always the flex you think it is, and I put it to you that it is not, in this case.

What is you guys' obsession with seeing me 'pained?' If I had a naira for everytime someone says that to me on this site, I would be rich in thousands.

Can you see the way I am spacing my responses to you? Put that into consideration the next time you decide to respond to me. It is not just enough to write well, and know its attending rules, you have to be legible, and that includes proper spacing.

For crying out loud, what is “It truly is beautiful?
What happened to “It‘s truly beautiful“.

So you really have no basis for calling what I said wrong? Okay. I thought you had a differing and valid POV backed by English rules. I have shown you why I wrote what I wrote the way I wrote it - case closed.

I scored 500 + marks in my JAMB, I have 9 As in my WAEC result, I graduated from Oxford Uni. London with a first class Degree, I compiled the latest encyclopedia and Oxford Advandce Learners Dictionary. I won a scholarship to go study in Heaven bla bla bla.... At the end of the day, “It truly is beautiful“.

Oh, I have to school you on my academic background because I do know what I am saying. If you knew you didn't have the intellectual bandwidth to correct me, why did you come into my Mentions? I will put how very good I am in your face - I WILL PUT IT IN YOUR FACE. I will. Now if that pains YOU, cry about it or come with your points and reasons why you feel qualified to speak on the English language and its structure and lexis.

By the way, an ellipsis is denoted by three dots (...). You made an error there.

Don't even get me started on your wrong capitalization, and addressing JAMB as if it's an activity. 😂

You wan correct persin, but you nor know di difference between organization and examination, LMAO.

Omoh, abegi park for one side commot from my face jare.

You came into my face. If there's anyone who should be doing any parking, it is you. And alas, I can see that you have no mental depth to your being, as well as not being academically sound.

You wanted to correct my English and you're a Jon Snow? Haba. Who does that?

It is "omo" because it is a Yoruba word, not "omoh". I would also argue that "commot" needed one m as a Pidgin word, but since I'm not quite versed in the language, I will let it go. And as always "jare" should come after a comma because it is an interjection word in Yoruba. Worst of all, 'commot from my face' is a grave sin, because why the heck are you mixing Pidgin with English? I really expected more from you but it's such a shame.

Simply, humbly accept your mistake. It won‘t cost you anything.

Oh, you will wait until the trumpet of rapture sounded before you will get me to accept any mistake, much less in humility. Sure, nothing would even cost me anything here before I cannot conceptualize what it means to have humility, so...

The closer you'll only get to getting me to make an admittance of error is an attempt to convince me based on the superiority of your own logic. You have not done anything. You've not shown me any English rules or textbook or publication or a writer who has said "it truly is" is a wrong expression to use. Until then, everything you're saying is all cap.

And while at it, you can make your way to the Holy Trinity Church at Stratford-upon-Avon, and exhume the corpse of Shakespeare. Why, you may ask? So you can posthumously jail him for his liberty with the English language.

The next time you quote me on this matter again I will give you a better reply only people like you deserves. Olodo claiming scholar.

I promise you, if you veer off civil ground, and insult me, I will report you to the mods.

I know you will like that very much, so try me. You're welcome to.

Okay, okay, lastly, my coursemates will definitely disagree with you on me not being a 'scholar', but you can go off if it pleases you 🤭.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Chochovini: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Chochovini, now, boy, why are you scared of quoting me normally? You went to edit your first comment to me?

I wouldn't have seen it if I wasn't going through my mentions.

And if you had a issue with quoting my long response, you should have edited it out, BUT MADE SURE to mention me, not edit a previous response. So cowardly.

Now let's see what you've written.
. Truck load of TRASH! Tuue, tue I spat!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
Chochovini:
. Truck load of TRASH! Tuue, tue I spat!

Go and respond to me like a sensible person; I dare you.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Chochovini: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Go and respond to me like a sensible person; I dare you.
. I should respond to all these gibberish you typed? That would amount to a huge waste of my precious time. Again it would make us two senseless people.
Why should I keep on replying someone who instead of a simple “It‘s truly beautiful“ went on to say “ It truly is beautiful“.
Who speaks like that?
And when corrected, he went on to download a whole lots of frustrations and virtuperation in pains.
What do I have to do with such a person?
I have even broken my own rule by replying you again. Otherwise, SILENCE is what people like you deserves. Scholar my Anus!

1 Like

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
Chochovini:
Who speaks like that?

Humans, deer. Human beings do. And many published writers as well. If you're probably conversant with the literary world, and do be picking up books from time to time, you'd have seen what I wrote was perfectly normal.

Who cares who else speak or doesn't speak like that? I am me, and it is the way I communicate. Everyone around me appreciates it. I am not hurting anybody, so why it is biting you this much, I cannot fathom. Yeah, you can use a dictionary for that last one.

And when corrected...

Where is the correction? Correction based on what? Because you said so? I should just take your word for it? Why should I believe you? Like, who are you?

It looks like I will turn into a skeleton waiting for you to prove that.

I have even broken my own rule by replying you again.

And you can easily solve that: hide your tail between your legs, hang your head low in shame and quit responding to me in ignorance.

One word of advice, will ya? Don't be creatively slick with your insults. Come full-on, and insult me in all your brazen glory. grin

I know you want to. What are you scared of, Mr. Cho cho cho?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

First of all, how do you attack someone and expect them not to respond to you back? And secondly, say the person whom you attacked was even hurt, why should that be an issue? Insulting someone and then bashing them for being hurt by your mean behaviour is not always the flex you think it is, and I put it to you that it is not, in this case.

What is you guys' obsession with seeing me 'pained?' If I had a naira for everytime someone says that to me on this site, I would be rich in thousands.

Can you see the way I am spacing my responses to you? Put that into consideration the next time you decide to respond to me. It is not just enough to write well, and know its attending rules, you have to be legible, and that includes proper spacing.

So you really have no basis for calling what I said wrong? Okay. I thought you had a differing and valid POV backed by English rules. I have shown you why I wrote what I wrote the way I wrote it - case closed.

Oh, I have to school you on my academic background because I do know what I am saying. If you knew you didn't have the intellectual bandwidth to correct me, why did you come into my Mentions? I will put how very good I am in your face - I WILL PUT IT IN YOUR FACE. I will. Now if that pains YOU, cry about it or come with your points and reasons why you feel qualified to speak on the English language and its structure and lexis.

By the way, an ellipsis is denoted by three dots (...). You made an error there.

Don't even get me started on your wrong capitalization, and addressing JAMB as if it's an activity. 😂

You wan correct persin, but you nor know di difference between organization and examination, LMAO.

You came into my face. If there's anyone who should be doing any parking, it is you. And alas, I can see that you have no mental depth to your being, as well as not being academically sound.

You wanted to correct my English and you're a Jon Snow? Haba. Who does that?

It is "omo" because it is a Yoruba word, not "omoh". I would also argue that "commot" needed one m as a Pidgin word, but since I'm not quite versed in the language, I will let it go. And as always "jare" should come after a comma because it is an interjection word in Yoruba. Worst of all, 'commot from my face' is a grave sin, because why the heck are you mixing Pidgin with English? I really expected more from you but it's such a shame.

Oh, you will wait until the trumpet of rapture sounded before you will get me to accept any mistake, much less in humility. Sure, nothing would even cost me anything here before I cannot conceptualize what it means to have humility, so...

The closer you'll only get to getting me to make an admittance of error is an attempt to convince me based on the superiority of your own logic. You have not done anything. You've not shown me any English rules or textbook or publication or a writer who has said "it truly is" is a wrong expression to use. Until then, everything you're saying is all cap.

And while at it, you can make your way to the Holy Trinity Church at Stratford-upon-Avon, and exhume the corpse of Shakespeare. Why, you may ask? So you can posthumously jail him for his liberty with the English language.

I promise you, if you veer off civil ground, and insult me, I will report you to the mods.

I know you will like that very much, so try me. You're welcome to.

Okay, okay, lastly, my coursemates will definitely disagree with you on me not being a 'scholar', but you can go off if it pleases you 🤭.
You, Magnoliaa, are truly jobless and opinionated. You have narcissistic traits, not wanting to accept correction. You don't want to just call a spade a spade. See the length you went to argue with that dude. I'm just satisfied with the way he kept responding to you with brief mentions, letting you know that he really doesn't have time for your idleness. I'm sure it's your fellow female members who were liking and sharing your baseless comments to the guy.
He was right. He should have gone silent on you, as it is what you deserve. But you kept disturbing him to respond. Glad he eventually abandoned you on the thread. He didn't need to mention your moniker more than once - one mention would have been enough for your silliness.
Fortunately, one mention is all I will be making towards you, as it should rightly be.
Claiming to be overly educated. Scholar my arse grin. Empty vessels make the most noise.
If you like, you can come vilify me with a repsonse, it's not like I will pay you any mind. I'm done. You have time , oh. Nairaland addict, always spending time here as if it's your favorite playground. Lol
Stop thinking you are clever. Take your correction. If you like go snooping around my posts, that's your headache. Won't change the truth. cheesy
No matter the words you chose to use or how tempting you make your response, nothing will make me come back to this thread to dignify you with another mention. You'll see, if you think I'm bluffing. I won't even read it as soon as I see it's a mention notification from your moniker. Skip, skip, I will grin. I I know you like to have the last say, as shown in your back and forth with the other fella. Online though talker, offline powerless lady. The usual case. grin
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Goalminded1:
You, Magnoliàa, are truly jobless and opinionated. You have narcissistic traits, not wanting to accept correction.

Yeah, like we know water is wet and the sky is blue. 🥱

You don't want to just call a spade a spade.

I'm not sure if you missed it, but you can scroll to the top of your screen and see what is boldly written there: Nairaland Forum. It is not an agricultural class, so I don't know what you're waffling about some spade or no spade.

See the length you went to argue with that dude.

Again if you missed it, scroll to the bottom of my comment this time, and see what is faintly written in my signature. You and your kind will do well to make optimal use of that information henceforth.

I'm just satisfied with the way he kept responding...

And the objective benefit of your satisfaction is...?

...to you with brief mentions, letting you know that he really doesn't have time for your idleness.

Better my physical idleness than the intellectual barrenness you and your kind walk around with. Just saying.

I'm sure it's your fellow female members

I fail to see the necessity of pointing this out.

...who were liking and sharing your baseless comments to the guy.

Still a useless line, but 'baseless?'

If this was how men like Karl Marx and Isaac Newton were misinterpreting words, I doubt we'd have made much headway in science, much less in the society.

Do better.

He was right. He should have gone silent on you, as it is what you deserve.

Actually. Because it always end up falling back on you lots when you don't respond to me with silence. My opinions are also dictatorial (another adjective you missed above). Your silence is to my advantage on the forum. When you guys don't disagree with it, it looks good on me (not as if my opinions are not good before). But every single time, y'all will come into my Mentions, unprovoked, and then attempt to falsify anything I say. When you don't succeed, you cop up and hide behind a façade of time wastage. Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You will learn or not. But my hope is that you people truly learn and leave me alone. I also hope that you don't eventually learn, so I'll continue to get my ego supplements.

But you kept disturbing him to respond...

I'll prefer the word "demand," and rightly so.

... he eventually abandoned you on the thread.

Nah. I'll prefer the phrase "he absconded from the thread." You're welcome.

He didn't need to mention your moniker more than once

Too bad he did not recognise this on time.

- one mention would have been enough for your silliness.

Smartness. Smartness, not silliness.

Fortunately, one mention is all I will be making towards you, as it should rightly be.

Good for you.

Claiming to be overly educated.

I didn't claim to be 'overly educated.' I am an educated young woman, and an intending graduate, if you'll know. One can never be too educated. In fact, I think life is one never-ending journey of learning.

Scholar my arse grin. Empty vessels make the most noise.

Thank God I am not a nautical creature then. Your opinion of me is on you, and it is of no effect to me.

If you like, you can come vilify me with a repsonse...

A clear conscience fears no accusation, or so they say.

not like I will pay you any mind.

Why you think that is my business?

I'm done.

Good for you.

You have time, oh.

Too much of it.

Nairaland addict, always spending time here as if it's your favorite playground. Lol.

Emi niyen o. The lack of a block button is one of the things making this place less than pleasant, though. Other than that, you're spot on with your "diagnosis."

Stop thinking you are clever.

I know, righttttt? I am actually not thinking I am, which may cause me to be prone to error. I KNOW I AM; it is an observable fact.

Take your correction.

What correction?

If you like go snooping around my posts...

What might have informed this accusation?

that's your headache.

?? ?? ??

Won't change the truth. cheesy

Truth about what?

No matter the words you chose to use or how tempting you make your response

Interesting... you pay attention to how I use words?

nothing will make me come back to this thread...

I am happy for you or whatever.

...to dignify you with another mention.

Pfft.

Whenever I choose to respond to trolls like you, my aim is always to embrass y'all, and expose you for the ********* that you are. I don't need 'dignifying', not sickly from you. My persona on here has the littlest to do with you.

You'll see, if you think I'm bluffing.

You're simply acting like a dog chasing its own tail at this point.

I won't even read it as soon as I see it's a mention notification from your moniker. Skip, skip, I will grin.

Do you want a 🏅 or a 🍪 for that?

I know you like to have the last say, as shown in your back and forth with the other fella.

You know ball. 😊

Online though talker, offline powerless lady.

Because I am not usually around mean, aggressive people, duh. Not everyone has access to me the way Nairaland makes it so easy. I curate my circle of comrades, huh?

Mind you, being powerless is not the opposite of talking tough, but I give you the permission to go off.

By the way, "TheFinesseKid" would disagree with you on calling me a lady. I suggest you two meet up to reach a consensus on what to classify me as - a lad or a lady.

The usual case. grin

What usual case? Are you calling me a Kobo junkie 2.0 or his earliest model, LMAO? Or do you know others like me? Usual case as in, watin?
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dear Chochovini, aka cho cho cho, I am sure you must have gotten my points in some words or another now.

I'll hope this is the flag off to our mutual avoidance on this forum, and a strict adherence to it.

Have a lovely day and decade. 🧡
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Yead, like we know water is wet and the sky is blue. 🥱

Im not sure if you missed it, but you can scroll to the top of your screen and see what is boldly written there: Nairaland Forum. It is not an agricultural class, so I don't know what you're waffling about some spade or no spade.

Again if you missed it, scroll to the bottom of my comment this time, and see what is faintly written in my signature. You and your kind will do well to make optimal use of that information henceforth.

Better my physical idleness than the intellectual barrenness you and your kind walk around with. Just saying.

If this was how men like Karl Marx and Isaac Newton were misinterpreting words, I doubt we'd have made much headway in science, much less in the society.

Do better.

Actually. Because it always end up falling back on you lots when you don't respond to me with silence. My opinions are also dictatorial (another adjective you missed above). Your silence is to my advantage on the forum. When you guys don't disagree with it, it looks good on me (not as if my opinions are not good before). But every single time, y'all will come into my Mentions, unprovoked, and then attempt to falsify anything I say. When you don't succeed, you cop up and hide behind a façade of time wastage. Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You will learn or not. But my hope is that you people truly learn and leave me alone. I also hope that you don't eventually learn, so I'll continue to get my ego supplements.

Good for you.

I didn't claim to be 'overly educated.' I am an educated young woman, and an intending graduate, if you'll know. One can never be too educated. In fact, I think life is one never-ending journey of learning.

Thank God I am not a nautical creature then. Your opinion of me is on you, and it is of no effect to me.

Good for you.

Too much of it.

Emi niyen o. The lack of a block button is one of the things making this place less than pleasant, though. Other than that, you're spot on with your "diagnosis."

I know, righttttt? I am actually not thinking I am, which may cause me to be prone to error. I KNOW I AM; it is an observable fact.

What correction?

?? ?? ??

Truth about what?

Pfft.

Whenever I choose to respond to trolls like you, my aim is always to embrass y'all, and expose you for the ********* that you are. I don't need 'dignifying', not sickly from you. My persona on here has the littlest to do with you.

You know ball. 😊

Because I am not usually around mean, aggressive people, duh. Not everyone has access to me the way Nairaland makes it so easy. I curate my circle of comrades, huh?

Mind you, being powerless is not the opposite of talking tough, but I give you the permission to go off.

By the way, "TheFinesseKid" would disagree with you on calling me a lady. I suggest you two meet up to reach a consensus on what to classify me as - a lad or a lady.

What usual case? Are you calling me a Kobo junkie 2.0 or his earliest model, LMAO? Or do you know others like me? Usual case as in, watin?

This truly is spot on.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Chochovini: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=Magnoliaa post=127036125]Dear Chochovini, aka cho cho cho, I am sure you must have gotten my points in some words or another now.

I'll hope this is the flag off to our mutual avoidance on this forum, and a strict adherence to it.

Have a lovely day and decade.
Mr. It truly is beautiful the gibberish writer, you definitely have no work to do right? I am a very busy guy and I don‘t have time for any form of any irrelevances and unprofitable engagement from you any more.

Hence I chose to keep quiet not that I‘m afraid of you or so.
You are a redundant person with nothing worthwhile to do.

All what you“ve been trying to do is what they called “Damage control“ of the mess up comment of IT TRULY IS BEAUTIFUL forgetting that First impression last for ever.

From this hence, may Thunder strike you if you ever quote me again. Olodo claiming a scholar like you.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
This truly is spot on.

That dude might just suffer a cardiac arrest if he sees this response. grin
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
Chochovini:

Oh, you came back?

Gaolminded would be sooooo disappointed in you 🥺.

You have not seen anything. You really haven't o. You nor know who you quote?

O se. Lord of the Elements. 😅😅

Thunder should strike me as per ... you're the Aba-made Last Airbender?

First, let me commend you for that direct insult (even though you did it so haphazardly). Now that is how to be a man, and I will further dare you to stand by it and not edit it o. Don't.

Abi I should just leave you alone so you can throw your temper tantrums to your satisfaction. Na you find my mouth, na you still dey cry, dey fall down. Let me repeat it again for the sake of clearing all doubts: you do not know whom you've quoted. Mo jobless baje! You that have the job, show it by learning decency and not jumping into people's comments upandan and then still keeping on by fighting a losing battle.

Damage control? Because I am maintaining the right of response? 😂

I have not broken any NL rules here o. All I have ever been is a debater, while still mostly keeping to the rules of English language, mind you, as the forum provided for when Seùn created it.

You on the other hand? There is no depth and length of offense you haven't drawn from or went to. Yet you claim your intentions are pure.

I will post one of the screenshot for your eyes' viewing pleasure again; writers at The New York Times have made use of the phrase "it truly is [Inserts an adjective]" countless of times. You cannot be more right than they are. 🤣

It is a normal English expression.

IT IS A NORMAL USAGE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

I don't even understand the basis of your disagreement here: whether it's because it's grammatically incorrect, or it's because it's an uncommon expression.

"Did you eat the food?"

- "I did."

- "Ate the food, I did."

- "I did eat* a portion of the food."

- "A portion of the food, I ate."

- "The food, I did eat."

All of these are affirmative and correct responses with only different (emphatic) stress that slightly changes their meanings. You're a part of the reason why our people will continue to write IELTS because you will say all those responses are wrong except for "yes, I ate the food?" 😒

Mtcheeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I wrote what I wrote because my spirit went with that form at the point of my making the comment. I am not being graded by some academic professional who requires a way of communication for every comment I make here, so yes, I was right, and am still right, and will always be right.

Yep, you can use one 'I' in that manner (I've forgotten the grammatical rule behind this but I'll remember in a bit if I refresh my memory).

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Chochovini:
Mr. It truly is beautiful the gibberish writer...

Prove to me how it is gibberish. That's all I require.

you definitely have no work to do right? I am a very busy guy and I don‘t have time for any form of any irrelevances and unprofitable engagement from you any more.

Stories.

Hence I chose to keep quiet not that I‘m afraid of you or so.
You are a redundant person with nothing worthwhile to do.

Still more stories. But humour me, if you will. What is the idea behind a person being 'redundant?' I have not seen that word used to describe a person before. You don't have to prove yourself to nobody o, LMAO, so take it easy on just mixing words and shxt together...

All what you“ve been trying to do is what they called “Damage control“ of the mess up comment of IT TRULY IS BEAUTIFUL forgetting that First impression last for ever.

First impression? 🤣🤣🤣

Please, stop disgracing yourself and stop whipping up untruthful sentiments. Impression in whose eyes, please? Yours or the manys' of those who are seeing this interaction? First impression lasting for ever online? Someone even quoted my comment on the first page agreeing with me, but cho cho cho extraordinaire thinks I'm creating a negative impression about myself 🤡.

From this hence, may Thunder strike you if you ever quote me again. Olodo claiming a scholar like you.

"From this hence". 🤦‍♀️

But it is "it truly is" that is giving you an issue 😭😭.

On that last line, please say something else and stop sounding like broken record, I beg you.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

That dude might just suffer a cardiac arrest if he sees this response. grin

grin
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
Chochovini:

You don rest? Abi you still have more in you to release? grin
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Chochovini: 5:54am On Nov 19, 2023
Magnoliaa:

You don rest? Abi you still have more in you to release? grin
. What did you mean by that?

I‘ve not even said anything to you yet and you‘re already fed up?, if I stop replying your mentions which I must because I don‘t want to be labelled same with you as jobless, then it‘s simply because you don‘t worth my precious time. I told you that before.

As for you, keep on advertising your foolishness and ignorance on social media, your cup of tea.
I repeat, I am a busy person. Not as redundant as you are.
IT TRULY IS BEAUTIFUL. Lolsss...
That is, one of the most unpardaonable violations of elementary rules for grammar I have ever heard. And I ask again, Who speaks like that? Of course only a self accalimed Anus scholar like you. Get out!

I‘ve warned you before to quit my mentions with your rubbish but you wouldn‘t listen right?
Maybe I should ignore you instead because, silence is the best answer to a fool.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chochovini:
. What did you mean by that?

I‘ve not even said anything to you yet and you‘re already fed up?

Do you have lying amongst the character flaws plaguing you, too? 😂

Do I look like someone who is fed up?

You seem to be the one enjoying this too much, but don't worry. I will ride this out with you and wear you out so much that you'll no choice but to go ⬅️ whenever you see me passing ➡️ on this forum.

As for you, keep on advertising your foolishness and ignorance on social media, your cup of tea.

And e-friend just hailed me up there, I don't know know you saw, so I have no idea what hallucinations your head is cooking about me, but be good.

IT TRULY IS BEAUTIFUL. Lolsss...

Stop crying now.

The way you're emphasising on it is making you look like you're having terrible palpitations over it.

That is , one of the most unpardaonable violations of elementary rules for grammar I have ever heard. And I ask again, Who speaks like that? Of course only a self accalimed Anus scholar like you.

0/100. Go and return your school fees and do a sacrifice of propitiation towards your parents for the clear waste of investment that you are. I don't exactly believe that children should be their parents' retirement plan, but if at all it's a right thing, nothing but disappointment will be awaiting your parents. Because you? 😭😭

I‘ve warned you before to quit my mentions with your rubbish but you wouldn‘t listen, right?

Yep, I will not.

You started it and I will make sure to finish it. So who died and made you an expert of the English language? Or what book have you been reading that informs you on what constitute the right usage of words or not? By your logic, all NY Times writers are a-n-u-s scholars consequently. 🤣🤣

Maybe I should ignore you instead because...

I thought you wanted thunder to fire me yesterday, but I am still alive and standing. What went wrong? Nature failed you?

silence is the best answer to a fool.

But you've steadily been replying me for the past three days or so, despite claiming shxt like these. So I don't know what fool you're referring to.

Infact, you're the only who seem like an ant swimming inside sugar with the interaction you've been having with me 🤭.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chochovini, the busy man that's always replying me at 5:55 a.m. in the morning. grin

Now if you don't respond to my mentions, it is you that wheelbarrow will jam, in Ronaldo's mighty name.
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chochovini - so come back here.

I am not letting you off the hook UNTIL you tell me your reasons for saying I made a wrong statement or at least agree to never cross my path anymore, and stick to your resolve.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by objctvty101: 1:52am On Nov 20, 2023
800 years no be joke o.
The tree old so tey, e dey use crutches.

Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by TheFinesseKid: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Yeah, like we know water is wet and the sky is blue. 🥱

I'm not sure if you missed it, but you can scroll to the top of your screen and see what is boldly written there: Nairaland Forum. It is not an agricultural class, so I don't know what you're waffling about some spade or no spade.

Do better.

Good for you.

Good for you.

Too much of it.

What correction?

?? ?? ??

Truth about what?

Pfft.

You know ball. 😊

nawa. All these notes for who? 🤣🤣🤣 Obviously not cause of me
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by TheFinesseKid: 8:55am On Nov 21, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Do you have lying amongst the character flaws plaguing you, too? 😂

Do I look like someone who is fed up?

You seem to be the one enjoying this too much, but don't worry. I will ride this out with you and wear you out so much that you'll no choice but to go ⬅️ whenever you see me passing ➡️ on this forum.

And e-friend just hailed me up there, I don't know know you saw, so I have no idea what hallucinations your head is cooking about me, but be good.

Stop crying now.

The way you're emphasising on it is making you look like you're having terrible palpitations over it.

0/100. Go and return your school fees and do a sacrifice of propitiation towards your parents for the clear waste of investment that you are. I don't exactly believe that children should be their parents' retirement plan, but if at all it's a right thing, nothing but disappointment will be awaiting your parents. Because you? 😭😭

Yep, I will not.

You started it and I will make sure to finish it. So who died and made you an expert of the English language? Or what book have you been reading that informs you on what constitute the right usage of words or not? By your logic, all NY Times writers are a-n-u-s scholars consequently. 🤣🤣

I thought you wanted thunder to fire me yesterday, but I am still alive and standing. What went wrong? Nature failed you?

But you've steadily been replying me for the past three days or so, despite claiming shxt like these. So I don't know what fool you're referring to.

Infact, you're the only who seem like an ant swimming inside sugar with the interaction you've been having with me 🤭.
Oi. You torque too much. I hope you don't blab like this in person shaa🥴
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by TheFinesseKid: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Chochovini - so come back here.

I am not letting you off the hook UNTIL you tell me your reasons for saying I made a wrong statement or at least agree to never cross my path anymore, and stick to your resolve.

Nonsense.
why you like wahala like this? 🤣
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by TheFinesseKid: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2023
Magnoliaa:

No, I will not 'excuse' you.

I just wanted to make sure that I got the reason behind your comment right before jumping into conclusion. I wanted to be certain if you were saying English was hard FOR ME or FOR YOU, and now I'm cleared on that.

So, you're not telling me that I am a well-loved English student, a cynosure in the eyes of every teacher—especially my favourite English teachers, and that I scored 280+ in my UTME (which translates to a higher score in Use of English) for you to come and attempt to lecture me on grammar, albeit pitifully, are you? Oh, damn. If that line I wrote posed a comprehension issue for you, I wouldn't expect you to understand the compound-complex sentence I just made.

Anyway, I do not care. I will still do this, because you came for me first and I will respond as I deem fit. You cannot call me out that way, and then chicken out. Do you think that is a good look on you? So finish what you've started.

Please indulge me, and explain it to me like I am a ten-year-old, why you consider "it truly is" an "hard" statement to make in English. 'Hard' on what basis? Ignorance? Grammatical incorrectness? I will appreciate your proposal of how I should have worded that.

Thank you.

In the meantime, I have done a little research of my own and I hope you take the time to go through it. No, I didn't do it because you made me doubt my writing skills/knowledge or something (I will admit doing it was some sort of ego trip for me, sha, LOL), but I am doing it because...just because.

These are samples from a website that provides writing services in English language, and an English-language-based forum.

- Ludwig Guru

- Stack Exchange

One of the websites featured an AI response as well as excerpts from articles written in The New York Times and The New Yorker containing the words "it truly is...".

So, dear Chochovini of Nairaland, the Grammarian Sensei, I have justified my reason for using that phrase by providing proofs and appealing to the authority derived from reputable publications. You disagree, therefore, prove me wrong and defend why you claimed "English is hard sha," or whatever, over what I said.

And it's "excuse me, please". A comma should come before "please". It is not a text word that requires abbreviating. Why do you also have a penchant for starting your comments with a full stop? Is that right? undecided

For someone who wants to police how others write on the forum, I'd expect you to write in a pristine way reflecting your values, abi? Tch.

I'll be looking forward to you responding, sha, and if you fail to do so, I hope it will signify the continuation of our interaction on this forum being on a parallel-line basis.

Cheers.
God abeg. grin cheesy🤣🥴
Re: World's Most Beautiful 800-Year-Old Tree In South Korea (Pictures) by Justiceleague1: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2023
Sillymoderators this is a science technology thread,it is not a section for garri school dropouts,thank you very much grin:

Who tell you say for there dem nor dey cut trees sell land?...Na ignorance go kill many of una!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Gorillas Carefully Avoiding Rain Amazes Nigerians / New Fly Species Discovered In Australia Named After Marvel Superheroes (Photos) / Animals! Super Animals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.