Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? (5010 Views)

Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria / What Kind Of Small Business Can 100,000naira Do In Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by focusxo4: 2:52am On Oct 28, 2011
When going into a business,newly and with small capital.Which part of d business do u think, in your

own opinion i should pay more attention on.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by NET1(m): 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2011
I think all parts are mutually dependent on each other. This means you should not disregard any part of your business, if you want to succeed.

Analyse your market: the people who you'd expect to buy from you.
Analyse your product and ensure it meets and surpasses expectations.
Assess your competition thoroughly. Leave no stone unturned!

.NET
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by manny4life(m): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Customer service and relationship.

The accounting / finance, HR, Marketing, IT and inventory management etc can be outsourced. However, for a small business, outsourcing CSR is not so good, you need to relate directly with your customers, hear their feedback and know how well to gauge them when and how to.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by sheyguy: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
versatility in personal skills and objectivity in analysis.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by kunlekunle: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
u need more of customer buyer behaviour
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by better4u: 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
If you must be a successful Business fellow, you must Study the business 1st, the environment, ethics of the people, people involve in the business, try to analyze their strength and weakness and juxtapose it to your skill and ability, define the business period of having shape or incubating, then if you are satisfy with your founding; you can then invest in it, one love and God bless Nigeria!
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by Johnnny(m): 8:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
Dont ever make the mistake of borrowing money from your business capital to settle your personal needs. It crumbles the business. My 10kobo
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by marcus1234: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by Papilo87(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
1. Marketing- How do you get the services or goods to be bought by the target audience in good steady flow.
2. Personnel Management - If you are going to work with a few employees it will not be easy to get the best from them.
3. Cash flow Management - How do you manage the flow of revenue. Decisions like, whether to buy more advertising or pay for a new office equipment will face you as a starting businessman.
4. Cash Crunch - Chances are you may be down on cash flow especially when business is not moving well. How do you overcome that?

http://nairabrains.com/category/business/
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by miket2(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
Its obvious by some of your replies that many of you havent a clue, there is a big difference between what you study in a text book and the real world my friends
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by stildude(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
1. Financials - You can do biz with negative figure, but you can't do biz without cash. Control your cashflow. if it ceases, your biz dies.
2. Customers - since customers bring you income, put a great effort into getting them and keeping them. it is called selling or marketing.
3. Information -  Go for all the info you can regarding your biz. Best practices, competitons, partners, stakeholders, etc.
4. your self. Transfrom yourself into the ideal person in the field of your endeavour. People do biz with you cos they like you. Many people bring their, i-don't- take -no -mess nature into biz or i -don't- lose- an- argument attitude. it won't do u any good.
4. the list is endless.

just start with the  4 above. Some one said, never try to make all the money in a biz deal, if you are in the habit, you won't have many biznesses
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by Librate(m): 9:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
focusxo4:

When going into a business,newly and with small capital.Which part of d business do u think, in your

own opinion i should pay more attention on.
Nothing to fear just employ an igboman as d manager grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^^^ very true(mike) esp in Naija . I ve learned my lesson big time!!(books dont work there)
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by realchange: 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
one word: Cash-flow.

You can have all the ideas in the world; if you don't relate the idea properly with your cash-flow, it will flop.
all new entrepreneurs learn this late in the game.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by WebSurfer(m): 3:09am On Oct 29, 2011
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by fuke(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2011
Financial Discipline.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by stkris(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2011
Answer: Opportunity cost.

Never jump at a major decision with your limited resources. Weigh the short and long term benefits of every move and only settle with informed priorities.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by stildude(m): 7:52am On Oct 29, 2011
moderator pls.put my post on
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by stildude(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2011
1. Financials - You can do biz with negative figure, but you can't do biz without cash. Control your cashflow. if it ceases, your biz dies.
2. Customers - since customers bring you income, put a great effort into getting them and keeping them. it is called selling or marketing.
3. Information - Go for all the info you can regarding your biz. Best practices, competitons, partners, stakeholders, etc.
4. your self. Transfrom yourself into the ideal person in the field of your endeavour. People do biz with you cos they like you. Many people bring their, i-don't- take -no -mess nature into biz or i -don't- lose- an- argument attitude. it won't do u any good.
5. the list is endless.

just start with the 4 above. Some one said, never try to make all the money in a biz deal, if you are in the habit, you won't have many biz
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2011
//
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by lojik(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2011
Speaking form experience of a business owner:
1. Staffing/HR: The fastest way to kill a business is to work with the wrong team or a drastically demotivated team.
2. CSR: Customers expect that all their questions, requests and problems should be resolved immediately. They actually expect to be worshiped and your customer support has a role to play in making sure they are satisfied.
3. Cash flow: Cash, cash, cash. If you run out of cash, you're half dead or perhaps dead but not buried.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by stildude(m): 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2011
stildude:

1. Financials - You can do business with negative figure, but you can't do business without cash. Control your cashflow. if it ceases, your biz dies.
3. Information -  Go for all the info you can regarding your business. Best practices, competitons, partners, stakeholders, etc.
4. your self. Transfrom yourself into the ideal person in the field of your endeavour. People do business with you cos they like you. Many people bring their, i-don't- take -no -mess nature into business or i -don't- lose- an- argument attitude. it won't do u any good.
5.the list is endless.

just start with the  4 above. Some one said, never try to make all the money in a biz deal, if you are in the habit, you won't have many biz

ahh! it's better to get things done by oneself.
Re: Which Area Of Small Scale Business Is Most Challenging? by humbleyk: 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
what makes the most important the most important is that the most important remains the most important, capital is the most important. Always add to your sales no mater how small, listing to your customers comments and made where are not perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Opening A Joint Account With First Bank / How To Your Own Ecommerce Website Like Jumia & Konga & Make Money Online In 2015 / Truck Stops In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.