Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal (5201 Views)

Private Sector Backs Fg On Removal Of Subsidies On Petroleum Products / World Bank To Assist Fg On Job Creation - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Petrol May Cost 195 Naira Per Litre (From 65 Naira) - NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by channel801(f): 6:28am On Oct 28, 2011
CAN backs FG on fuel subsidy removal

Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has thrown its weight behind the proposed oil subsidy removal, arguing that the Federal Government must convince Nigerians that the gains from the exercise will be judiciously managed for the benefit of the masses of the country.

Speaking in Lagos, yesterday, at the annual symposium on Christian unity, CAN National President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, said the decision to remove oil subsidy was an inevitable painful pill to swallow. He argued that if the government can assure Nigerians that this exercise will not go the same way of past ones, then the country would be better for it.

Represented by the National Secretary of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, Pastor Wale Adefarasin, the cleric also advised the Federal Government to dialogue with organised labour with a view to carrying them along to avoid industrial disharmony.

In his keynote address entitled: That They May Be One, Pastor Oritsejafor stressed the need for Nigerian Christians to move in unity and strive to overcome the things that held the Church apart so that the adherents can work together in unison.

He said: “When we work together as a united church, we will accomplish much more than we currently do, because a united church will be much more powerful than the situation we have at the moment. There is the multiplier effect when we work together as a united church.”

Elder statesman, Rev. Moses Iloh, shocked the audience when he blamed the Church for the problems of the country, stating: “80 million people troop to different churches every Sunday but when it comes to changing the nation, it is zero.

“The problem of Nigeria today is not Islam as people will want us to believe. The problem of Nigeria is Christianity which has refused to use its God-given power to positively affect the nation.”

I think this Oritsejafor man needs his grey head examined. Yes, I said it!

He has continued to sound recently more like a politician than a religion leader. Must he support anything Jonathan because he is a christian?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/can-backs-fg-on-fuel-subsidy-removal/
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by olawalebabs(m): 6:50am On Oct 28, 2011
He's not supporting GEJ because he's christain, but because he's from the the Niger Delta, just like him. Imagine this ", since they said it will not go the way of other, " i pray this country will not be doom
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ufeolorun(m): 7:17am On Oct 28, 2011
Money money sha! PFN is turning itself to a joke under OWO-jemifor,free for all Pentecostal ism!?.The CAN of bolanle Gbonigi or Olubunmi Okogie will not do this.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by boneruns(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2011
I don't want to believe that God actually asked him to talk this. Though i'm not surprised because Pa Ayo I know, has been a politcal pastor right from the onset.
He has never been altruistic to his poor followers. I think he is saying all these in his own interest but not in the interest of the Christians. This man has never set any Good agenda to improve the Christian faith.

Except we seperate religion from politics, we will continue to hear such. I wonder if he has time for his own ministry.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pukkah: 7:35am On Oct 28, 2011
This is from the man who endorsed Uduaghan and said he was God's choice?  The removal of fuel subsidy must also be from God too.  How come God didn't reveal to him that He'd rather have the refineries work?  This is what happens when people mix religion with politics.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/5141-uduaghan-in-victory-thanksgiving.html
The President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, has advised politicians in Delta State against unwarranted attack on the governor-elect, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan over his victory in the governorship election.
Speaking at his Word of Life Bible Church during a Thanksgiving Service for Uduaghan and his deputy, Prof. Amos Agbe Utuama, over their hard-fought victory at the polls[b], Oritsejafor cautioned that attacking or harbouring evil thoughts against Uduaghan could amount to attacking God over his choice.[/b]
The CAN President’s advice came on the backdrop of threats by some members of the opposition over the electoral victory of Uduaghan. He warned that the era of violence in the state had passed, adding that anybody who attempts to drag the state back to the dark days of violence would face the wrath of God.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by edoyad(m): 7:48am On Oct 28, 2011
I'm in support of Fuel subsidy removal, though a modified version of it, but for the records i have to say Oritsejafor is one of the lowest lives in the history of this country. I despise everything about that cretin, he's an example of the kind of people that keep this country in it's present condition.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by grafikii: 7:48am On Oct 28, 2011
corrupt old man
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2011
Not disappointed. Its typical of the jerry curl pastor.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by gregg2: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2011
I support the removal of fuel subsidy too.

It is a fact that the subsidy claims has benefited only a few individuals to the detriment of the generality of Nigerians for whom it is meant. ``

Let us be bold enough to call a spade a spade. The masses travel on big mass transit vehicles which run on diesel, Lorries and other heavy duty vehicles that convey farm produce from the rural areas to urban centres are also powered by the same diesel which has since been deregulated.

Our research also indicates that BRT buses in places like Lagos as well as other mass commuter schemes which convey workers to and from their work place, including over 80 percent of NLC members, on a daily basis, are fueled by diesel. So who benefits from subsidized PMS?. The gain of course goes to the few Nigerians that can afford fleet of petrol powered cars, four wheel drives and sport utility vehicles, SUV,”
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by boneruns(m): 8:08am On Oct 28, 2011
when will his term end, pls?
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Goddex: 8:10am On Oct 28, 2011
@Gregg2
gregg2:

It is a fact that the subsidy claims has benefited only a few individuals to the detriment of the generality of Nigerians for whom it is meant. ``

Let us be bold enough to call a spade a spade. The masses travel on big mass transit vehicles which run on diesel, Lorries and other heavy duty vehicles that convey farm produce from the rural areas to urban centres are also powered by the same diesel which has since been deregulated.

Our research also indicates that BRT buses in places like Lagos as well as other mass commuter schemes which convey workers to and from their work place, including over 80 percent of NLC members, on a daily basis, are fueled by diesel. So who benefits from subsidized PMS?. The gain of course goes to the few Nigerians that can afford fleet of petrol powered cars, four wheel drives and sport utility vehicles, SUV,”
Excellent argument. Pastor Ayo might be proved right afterall.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 28, 2011

you clearly do not travel in mass transit, hence your dubious 'research'

the few nigerians that can affords fleet of petrol powered cars - what blatant lying dubious propaganda - kabu kabus and taxis everywhere across nigeria , the cars driven by the average nigerian run on petrol

the danfos, coaster , hiace, liteace etc buses run on petrol

it is actually the other way round - it is now companies that buy diesel in bulk for their fleets typically haulage companies and lagbus . only high net worth individuals buy cars that run on diesel.

what kind of shameless  lying is this.

next thing you will be telling us that okadas run on diesel. i work in the downstream oil and gas sector, and petrol is the mos bougt commodity. anyone designing a station today will always have more storage for petrol than diesel. the same applies in bulk storage plants across the country. so  i suggest you take your only the rich buy diesel bs elsewhere
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by grafikii: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2011
nice response
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2011
@Topic,

C.A.N is right on this one.

Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has thrown its weight behind the proposed oil subsidy removal, arguing that the Federal Government must convince Nigerians that the gains from the exercise will be judiciously managed for the benefit of the masses of the country.

Speaking in Lagos, yesterday, at the annual symposium on Christian unity, CAN National President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, said the decision to remove oil subsidy was an inevitable painful pill to swallow. He argued that if the government can assure Nigerians that this exercise will not go the same way of past ones, then the country would be better for it.

The responsibility is now on the government to explain to Labour, and Union leaders, and win them to the superior argument of the need for removal of subsidy.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pukkah: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2011
gregg2:

Goddex:

@Gregg2Excellent argument. Pastor Ayo might be proved right afterall.

Not so fast guys. Have you considered the following?:

1. That the average Nigerian spends more money on petrol generators daily than on cars?  Apart from using it to power their homes, so many small scale businesses and artisans spend so much on petrol on a daily basis.
2.  Moreso, the rich use heavy duty generators that mostly run on diesel. Can you see that it's the masses and the not so rich that use petrol generators?
3. What percentage of the masses get transported by NLC and BRT buses? What of the millions of the masses that ride on 'okadas', commercial buses, taxis, and 'keke NAPEP'?

Your 'research' was rather simplistic and did not provide any empirical evidence or figures.  Can you kindly provide?

Did you also consider that there's another thing the country can do rather than  fixating its gaze on removing fuel subsidy - making the local refineries work? If you actually want the poor to benefit, you should refine kerosene locally and make it cheaper than even the subsidized price.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by hakanai(m): 8:45am On Oct 28, 2011
Honestly the removal is not the issue.It is about taking a good look at GEJ.How he has failed in several attempts to curb his detractors.How on earth can he manage the same group if they switch from subsidy leeching to contract frauds under his government.Why does GEJ continue to go in circles than hit the identified enemies of progress.If a group or cabal or something is hindering the effectiveness of subsidy,why not deal with it.Round them up give them an ultimatum and bring policies to mitigate there activities.Sometimes GEJ really makes me wonder how powerfull is the presidency and his government authority in real sense.
Please GEJ no short to all this things.set examples by dealing a severe blow to some cabal members and then dialogue.so they know when push to the limit what you can do.Lastly i thought EFCC also handles economic crimes?What in God's name are they still doing that they are not prosecuting this cabal members for divertion of funds and economic sabotage.
Instead we are battling to remove the subsidy and make things difficult for the ordinary man.Why will a few make the government chnage her policy even against the majority wishes of her people.Why remove subsidy because of a cartel and victimise the populace.I don't see the logic.If it nevr worked properly.make it work since you know.NIGERIA is GREATER than a F@@king cartel or cabal.GEJ,FG and co una dey fear them pass peace and law abiding majority Nigerians?
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by texazzpete(m): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2011
gregg2:

You're a brainless nitwit and I wish I could punch you in the face right now.
I drive an SUV, true. but I also pay far more tax than your poverty stricken arse. I hand over nearly 3.5 million Naira yearly in taxes. In exchange, I have two generators and one inverter because the FG will not provide adequate power supply. I suffer through bad roads for the same foolishness of my government. My water supply comes from a borehole in my compound - without this I would die of thirst.

So even after subsidizing your broke ass with my tax, I'm supposed to happily pay N150 per litre to fuel my car and my Generators (that run at least 4 hours per day). You're a dolt.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2011
what can i say orijesafor =  mose the tame raven of animal farm

spokesman for the government.

Pukkah:

Not so fast guys. Have you considered the following?:

1. That the average Nigerian spends more money on petrol generators daily than on cars?  Apart from using it to power their homes, so many small scale businesses and artisans spend so much on petrol on a daily basis.
2.  Moreso, the rich use heavy duty generators that mostly run on diesel. Can you see that it's the masses and the not so rich that use petrol generators?

i even forgot that. with the useless phcn which has after two months of show reverted back to standard behavior, we are all back to our generators.

even the so called deregulation of diesel is a mini scam in its own right. our logistics guys have said in the past that diesel is not truly deregulated
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pukkah: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2011
PointB:

@Topic,

C.A.N is right on this one.

The responsibility is now on the government to explain to Labour, and Union leaders, and win them to the superior argument of the need for removal of subsidy.

The CAN President also gave a condition: 'the Federal Government must convince Nigerians that the gains from the exercise will be judiciously managed for the benefit of the masses of the country'.

How possible is this?  How can a government that has not been able to police its borders or fight the corrupt oil cartel convince anybody that it will use the savings judiciously? In any case, won't the savings also be shared to those thieving governors over whom nobody has any control?  It is more difficult for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for the government to convince these long-suffering Nigerians.

Besides,  how come CAN is not calling the attention of the government to the state of the refineries in Nigeria?  Must we swallow this 'bitter pill'?  Must we shamefully remain as perpetual petrol importers?  We have continued to import fuel to the detriment of our naira exchange rate and local employment.  Is this how things will remain?

Men of God should nudge politicians in the right direction and not try to pander to their whims.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by boneruns(m): 8:55am On Oct 28, 2011
Nice rebuttal by Oyb.
@gregg; Obviously, you didn't complete your research. Your argument is one sided.

How would you explain the removal of fuel subsidy to a local tailor, hair barber/dresser, shoe cobbler etc, who depends on fuel generator to run their businesses? Apparently, the removal would lead to an increase by 115%.

Where I cut my hair for 200 Naira will be 420 naira, the shoe I make for 2k will increase to 4200 naira.

So tell me how you want to justify the removal of fuel subsidy to any average artisan.
gregg2:

Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2011
Pukkah:

Men of God should nudge politicians in the right direction and not try to pander to their whims.

guy is a demagogue and govt sycophant

gej who tells us the economy will collapse if we don't kill the subsidy, has no problems with flying 120 people to a summit in Australia, all on taxpayers money. that is all that needs to  be said about the so called benefits of subsidy removal.

already, the reps are waiting and planning on how they will introduce a fuel allowance bill for themselves should this pass through. just watch.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by brainpulse: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2011
I dont believe this, i cant believe this.
Is this a SS agreement? CAN is never representing me. He is representing is pockets. If it was Jesus, will he align with ceaser or pilate. this people are not reading the bible anymore but counting monies.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kx: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2011
brainpulse:

I dont believe this, i cant believe this.
Is this a SS agreement? CAN is never representing me. He is representing is pockets. I[b]f it was Jesus, will he align with ceaser or pilate. this people are not reading the bible anymore but counting monies.[/b]

Exactly
Why dont they just drop their bibles and spread PDP manifestoes instead?
Are they "Men of God" to preach salvation or to be stunch supporters of politicians?
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pukkah: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2011
oyb:

guy is a demagogue and govt sycophant

gej who tells us the economy will collapse if we don't kill the subsidy, has no problems with flying 120 people to a summit in Australia, all on taxpayers money. that is all that needs to  be said about the so called benefits of subsidy removal.

already, the reps are waiting and planning on how they will introduce a fuel allowance bill for themselves should this pass through. just watch.

The apologists of the government including Mr Oritsejafor won't see that especially for a government that has been talking about the need to reduce the cost of running government. All they are after is subsidy, subsidy, subsidy!!! Reducing the cost of government is not a 'bitter pill' for them to swallow but removal of subsidy is. What manner of hypocrisy? And they call themselves men of God.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Pukkah: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

Exactly
Why dont they just drop their bibles and spread PDP manifestoes instead?
Are they "Men of God" to preach salvation or to be stunch supporters of politicians?

The unbridled corruption in the land has obviously not spared religion.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by brainpulse: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2011
gregg2:

This one of the pathectic reasons why the west enslaved us. We read and yet don'think. And when we think, we think for the present alone and not creatively.

1. How many of you conducted the brainless research?
2. What are the tools and objects of your senseless, onesided research?
3. What is you Nomadic research methodology?
4. What statistics or fact do you base your feeble research on?
5. What are the cutting line of your miserable research?
6. How did you measure the outcome of your myopic research?

Shameless Nigerian.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by brainpulse: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2011
Will our employers give us fuel allowance? My question is why can't this man drop issues on the fuel, and open up agriculture to the extent of us exporting farm produces. must we depend on the black blood (fuel) at the expense of the common man on the street?
We all know in Nigeria that if pricces of Oil increases by 0.0005%, Transportation will increase by 200%, Pepper by 100%, all food sturfs by 150%. WHy and WHy?
To the sangojefor, he is truely answering his name, let him go and manage his house hold then his church( i dont think its God's church anymore) or live the church and join PDP campaign train.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by say4gunit(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2011
walai I NO FIT LAUGH,
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by brainpulse: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2011
Okay if that is what Sangojefor wants then FG should start collecting TAX from the church. All in support say Hi,
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by nku5: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2011
Is oritsejafor c.a.n leader or pfn leader? The title of this thread is misleading
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by kton(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2011
They are just looking for more money to siphon.
Billions of Naira is not enough,they want to move to trillion level.
May God almighty punish them and all those that support this evil program.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2011
Pukkah:

The CAN President also gave a condition: 'the Federal Government must convince Nigerians that the gains from the exercise will be judiciously managed for the benefit of the masses of the country'.

How possible is this?  How can a government that has not been able to police its borders or fight the corrupt oil cartel convince anybody that it will use the savings judiciously? In any case, won't the savings also be shared to those thieving governors over whom nobody has any control?  It is more difficult for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for the government to convince these long-suffering Nigerians.

Besides,  how come CAN is not calling the attention of the government to the state of the refineries in Nigeria?  Must we swallow this 'bitter pill'?  Must we shamefully remain as perpetual petrol importers?  We have continued to import fuel to the detriment of our naira exchange rate and local employment.  Is this how things will remain?

Personally, I don't think Government should be involved in building new refineries. Experience so far shows that it doesn't just work. But if Government has the resources and will power to do so, it would be nice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Konga Step By Step Video / Professional Printing Companies In Nigeria / Ecommerce Merchants: Lets Talk About Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.