Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Is Freehold Land Safe To Buy In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is Freehold Land Safe To Buy In Nigeria (93 Views)

Is Freehold A Legitimate Land Title Document In Nigeria? New Wine Realty / Freehold Land Available In Odoiragunshi Lagos Nigeria Contact #0816920481 / 100% Dry Land! Safe And Secure! Location: Ibeju Lekki! Promo Price: 740k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Freehold Land Safe To Buy In Nigeria by Folayat(f): 8:58am On Nov 18, 2023
Is Land with Freehold safe to buy in Nigeria?

This is the question you will hear from anyone who want to invest in Epe, Lagos state.

One of my prospective clients call me to make enquiry about Epe, he said all what he has been hearing about Epe is freehold and he was asking me to elaborate what Freehold really means and how safe is the land with such land title is safe to buy.

Do you want to buy land in Lagos but you don’t really understand what freehold is and wondering whether it is safe to buy?

Do you also want to know the meaning of freehold?

Well!

Buying of property without getting a valid document can make one lost the property and there are different types of land titles documents in Nigeria such as:

Global acquisition

Excision

Gazette

Certificate of Occupany

Governor’s consent

Freehold.

Then the question is.

Is Freehold land safe to buy and how genuine is it?

Freehold is a new land title for most land in Epe, presently most real estate developers obtain freehold in order to assure intending buyers that the land is free from government acquisition.

Freehold property is not under a committed land

Do you know what a committed land is?

A committed land is a parcel of land under government acquisition which the government has intention of using in the future for specific purposes such as construction road network, infrastructural facilities, housing project etc.

So, freehold as the name implied it is free from being hold by the government.

It is like other land titles I mentioned earlier, it is genuine and very safe to buy and processing of certificate of occupancy on such land is very easy in the future.

READ THE FULL ARTICLE ON MY OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

https://naijatrustedrealtor.com/is-freehold-land-safe-to-buy-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Buy A House In Lekki / 3 Things To Check Before You Buy That Land / Newly Built 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.