Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint (5312 Views)

CBN Bars MFBs, Opay, Moniepoint From Registering New Customers - Gazette / Fidelity Bank Restores Transfers To Opay, Moniepoint, And Palmpay / UK Pounds Sells Above N1,000/£1 At Black Market For 5 Straight Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Flier: 9:21am On Nov 18, 2023
There is no Access bank network for a complete 3 days now,both online and app
Just imagine if this happened to a fintech company,this same big for nothing banks would have started sponsoring news to make it seem they have run away with peoples money
The last time Opay was down for just 2 days,heaven almost fall.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by incandescentena: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2023
Listed banks below in Nigeria are all useless

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
First City Monument Bank Limited.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited.
Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc.
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.
United Bank for Africa Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.

Central Bank of Nigeria is not excluded.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by JASONjnr(m): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2023
Very annoying...

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Flier: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2023
JASONjnr:
Very annoying...
Its beyond me,how can you shut down banking for 3 days and no one is talking about it

11 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Flier: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.
They want cashless policy but they can’t hire guru to sort out their endless problem.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by JASONjnr(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2023
Flier:
Its beyond me,how can you shut down banking for 3 days and no one is talking about it

Had to fall back to my other savings. Now using GTbank app to make transfer pending when access bank gets restored.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Adexgentle005(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2023
It wasn’t funny yesterday at all. I was so angry. I can’t see my balance, I can’t do anything at all. My money was deducted. I can’t even see my previous transaction. I guess it’s working now!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Ikaeniyan0: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2023
No wander have not been able to transfer money since friday.even the ussd code is not working

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Flier: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2023
JASONjnr:

Had to fall back to my other savings. Now using GTbank app to make transfer pending when access bank gets restored.
The worse is we are using it for salary so the workers are taking the advantage to borrow money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by JASONjnr(m): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2023
Flier:
The worse is we are using it for salary so the workers are taking the advantage to borrow money

Same here, it's my salary account too.

Seems the strike affected them more that they're yet to recover from it.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by 222Martins(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2023
Flier:
It is possible they are experiencing a cyber attack. The first response to fighting-off an ongoing cyber attack is to shut down the server. No access for both the genuine staff and the cyber attackers alike. Then you start trangulating the possible sources of the leak.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by nabiz(m): 9:43am On Nov 18, 2023
All Nigerian banks are useless

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Morbeta11(m): 9:51am On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.

Kukuma add all of them.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by superCleanworks(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

The only good thing about GTB is the Orange colour. Every other thing is rubbish down to their customer care. Imagine calling customer care and she will be talking and yawning and sleeping on the phone.

How can a bank disable the TOKEN APP and tell you to go back to using their ANALOG plastic token just because they want to make sales? Too bad I chose them as my main account. Very useless people.

It is time we all start calling these incompetent clowns to order. They are NOT doing us a favour.

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by kcprince: 9:56am On Nov 18, 2023
I suspect it is a cyber attack. They usually don’t disclose it so customers won’t panic and withdraw. It happened to zenith bank during that new notes period early this year.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by TANID(m): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.

how I Wish The Like Of Opay can get branchis at every state

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by simple250: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2023
If you know u dont want to receive unapproved debit alert just calm down ....its a cyber attack

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by MadamExcellency: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2023
Flier:
There has been no Access bank network for a complete 3 days now, both online and app
Just imagine if this happened to a fintech company, these same big-for-nothing banks would have started sponsoring news to make it seem they have run away with people's money
The last time Opay was down for just 2 days, heaven almost fell.

OPay has never been offline for 2 hours except on nightly scheduled maintenance with advance notice to customers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Tjra: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2023
All I see here are employees of FINTECHs making a case for their industry.

Both you and all the commercial banks are all mad.
Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Natbrowny: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.

I for add to this list but make people cram these names first. grin

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Blake755: 10:53am On Nov 18, 2023
I think say nah only me notice am very useless and annoying what the know is just to be debiting someone anyhow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by LadyRosa2(f): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2023
JASONjnr:

GT bank is also not working. You're lucky if you succeeded.
Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by abhosts(m): 11:06am On Nov 18, 2023
A pay-on-delivery dispatch rider was coming to me and I told him not to waste his time coming if they don't have the option for me to pay with my Opay to their Opay. Other Nigerian Banks can delay a simple transactions that is meant to be concluded in a few minutes to several hours. However, I still trust our old-fashioned banks more with bigger sums because Opay is still new.

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by malcom1X: 11:11am On Nov 18, 2023
Get yourself a new bank.
Simple.
Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by tehilah92(f): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2023
Almost cried yesterday, I wanted paying deposit of my sister's surgery, Omo, access bank no gree answer me

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by Appletek: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.

Those banks are the most profitable in Nigeria. It sounds crazy but it's the fact. Imagine that GTB that the former CTO is now the MD of Gtbank, they are still having network issues.
Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by JASONjnr(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2023
LadyRosa2:

GT bank is also not working. You're lucky if you succeeded.

Mine is working.

Even now, I had to check to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by JasonNOTStatham: 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by kingsways: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
They are not off-line. You can use ATM or POS

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by SadEast419(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
incandescentena:

Access Bank Plc.
Fidelity Bank Plc.
Zenith Bank Plc.

thank God say WEMA no dey there grin
Re: Access Bank Is Offline For 3 Straight Days Imagine If It Was Opay/moniepoint by harkolat(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
tehilah92:
Almost cried yesterday, I wanted paying deposit of my sister's surgery, Omo, access bank no gree answer me
So bad, wish her swift recovery...could you kindly help with 1k, hard asking

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Personal Experience, How I Made My First Money Online / Meet Zenith Bank Real Owner: History Of Zenith Bank / A Trip To The Proposed Gelegele Seaport in Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.