Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,993 members, 7,863,561 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:08 PM

Prof Ibe Congratulates New Liberian President, Joseph Boakai. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Ibe Congratulates New Liberian President, Joseph Boakai. (219 Views)

Tinubu Urges Boakai To Unite Liberia, Commends Weah For Conceding Defeat / Goodluck Jonathan Visits Liberian President George Weah (Photos) / Ex-Senate President, Joseph Wayas Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Prof Ibe Congratulates New Liberian President, Joseph Boakai. by Ceejay222(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Member of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Presidential Advisory Council and Abia state Governorship candidate of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Prof Gregory Ibe, has congratulated Hon. Joseph Boakai on his recent emergence as President of Liberia.

Speaking through a congratulatory message personally endorsed by him, Prof Ibe applauded Liberians for successfully conducting a free, fair and credible polling exercise that led to the emergence of a worthy Pan African Leader as President.
Recalling how Hon. Boakai graciously accepted to deliver the maiden convocation lecture of Gregory University Uturu in 2014 while serving as Liberian Vice President, he prayed for a productive Presidential tenure that will impact positively on every sector of the Liberian economy.

Part of the message reads thus, "I have received with immense joy your victory at the recently conducted Presidential election in Liberia and subsequently wish to convey my warmest felicitation to you. While thanking God for this gladsome development, I want to appreciate the Liberian electorates for successfully conducting a free, fair and credible election which has resulted in the emergence of a true and worthy Pan African Leader as President".

Continuing he said, "I recall with nostalgia how you graciously accepted to deliver the maiden convocation lecture of Gregory University Uturu in 2014 while serving as Vice President to Africa's first elected female President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. Your humility in accepting to honour our invitation ultimately resulted in the delivery of an impactful scholarly lecture which in turn led to the naming of our college of Social and Management Sciences after you".

In conclusion Prof Ibe said, "Knowing your political pedigree, wealth of experience and vast diplomatic assets, I am convinced you will surpass the performance of your predecessors. I therefore pray for a fruitful and productive administration that will impact positively on every sector of the Liberian economy".

Correspondents report that Hon. Boakai emerged as Liberia’s new leader after his rival and sitting President George Weah conceded a tight election to mark a peaceful transfer of power. Liberia's elections commission said on Friday that 78-year-old Boakai managed to secure a narrow victory with 50.9 percent of the vote to Weah’s 49.1 percent.

- Sleek Ogwo ,ANIPR

Re: Prof Ibe Congratulates New Liberian President, Joseph Boakai. by Mynd44: 5:30am On Nov 19, 2023

(1)

Orumba South LGA Chairman Flags Off Palliative Works On Roads In Communities / T hisGlobe.com Is About To Hit The 7millions Users / Demolition Of Rivers Assembly Building Based On Expert Advice – Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.