Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,757 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz (308 Views)

Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / Why Would A Wife Ask Her Husband Money For Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by jarmy: 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
I have a little poultry and my wife helps me to sell the eggs within the neighborhood.

She insisted that I must pay her 100 naira for every crate she sells. I said she should accept 50 naira but she refused and said I should sell my eggs myself.

My people is this normal?
Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Harshreality: 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2023
It's not an easy answer.

Financial disagreements in relationships are normal. Whether she is right or wrong is subjective. Especially to how the proceeds of the sale are treated. Is it a family business? Do both of you decide what to do with the money acquired from the business? Things like that will determine if she sees the business as yours or as the family's.

The amount of time and effort she puts into selling the egg is also an important factor.

I understand how you feel, but I think you should, in this case, separate business from family. The inability to do this is what has ensured several family businesses never leave the ground.

If you eventually take her offer, I suggest you set a metric for her to meet in order to be eligible for her commission. Something that would ensure that it is profitable enough for you.

Something such as. < x crates a day #50 commission, if >, 100 commission.

All in all, try to put both of your grievances down and find a compromise that will benefit you both.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by rickleye: 12:39am On Nov 19, 2023
jarmy:
I have a little poultry and my wife helps me to sell the eggs within the neighborhood.

She insisted that I must pay her 100 naira for every crate she sells. I said she should accept 50 naira but she refused and said I should sell my eggs myself.

Each relationship different . I’ll tell you a personal story .
My SO. Works and is a professional so money isn’t the issue . However, due to the fact that I have a side hustle, I can’t do some house chores like doctors appointments or take out the trash or make meals on my designated days. Or even wash the dishes so what I do is I pay her a certain amount of money to compensate when side hustle clashes. She is happy and so am I .

Cajole her that profit needs to be reinvested in the business and to take the N50. Or N75
It isn’t that she doesn’t love you but you pay yourself and don’t pay her . She works for you yet you don’t pay her like a worker. It’s also a way for her to have some financial liberty to get something for her family or herself.
So to answer your question - in my opinion it is.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Nov 19, 2023
jarmy:
■ I have a little poultry and my wife helps me to sell the eggs within the neighborhood. She insisted that I must pay her 100 naira for every crate she sells. I said she should accept 50 naira but she refused and said I should sell my eggs myself. My people is this normal?
Your real issue isn't that she is asking for money but that she is asking for more than your cheap arse is willing to pay, right? undecided

If you had had to hire an employee to man this business of yours, would you not have had to pay market value for the service in question? undecided
Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by libertyfather(m): 3:12am On Nov 19, 2023
she gets same amount you give to outsiders, and thats for her personally nothing to do with the family....if possible she sees little more interest than outsiders
Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Ahmed0336(m): 3:22am On Nov 19, 2023
Bro, 100 Naira is fine.
Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Stevenbright(m): 3:29am On Nov 19, 2023
jarmy:

Don't see it from your perspective. Rather, see it as a win-win for both of you.
Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Foodqueen(f): 6:31am On Nov 19, 2023
She try wella by giving you the money and keeping 100h.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Kajaard: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2023
jarmy:

Let's be reasonable here. A crate of eggs goes for about 1500 naira if I remember quite well. Your wife is asking for 100 naira for each sale. I don't think she is being unreasonable.

She is your wife and not your girlfriend for God's sake. Emphasis on the WIFE.

It's not everything you bring to social media bros.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For A Wife To Ask Her Husband For Payment For Helping Him In His Biz by Nazgul: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2023
Kajaard:
Let's be reasonable here. A crate of eggs goes for about 1500 naira if I remember quite well. Your wife is asking for 100 naira for each sale. I don't think she is being unreasonable.

She is your wife and not your girlfriend for God's sake. Emphasis on the WIFE.

It's not everything you bring to social media bros.
It's like it's been months since you bought egg last. A crate of egg goes for between 2,800-3,000 depending on the size.

@ topic.
I don't see how this should be a problem to you. You're the one who needs to shift grounds here. She's working her àss off to sell your eggs, and you want to pay her N50, what do you want her to use N50 to do?

If you feel the N100 she's asking for is too much, you can either increase your crate price so as to cover the N100, or stop her from selling your eggs and do it yourself.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Story Of The Boy That Was Abandoned By Parent Because They Called Him A Witch / How To Know If You Are Dating An Ogbanje (water/marine Spirit) Girl Or Guy / こんにちは konnitiha hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.