Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) (31164 Views)

Plateau: Appeal Court dismisses review, fines 16 sacked PDP lawmakers N8m each / Plateau: Supreme Court Affirms Caleb Mutfwang (PDP), Dismisses Apc's Suit / Appeal Court Sacks Reps Member: Isaac Kwallu (PDP), Affirms John Dafaan (APC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
"PDP was nowhere to be found in Plateau State having failed to comply with exhibit G1 as at the time of the election. A political party with no structure cannot be qualified to sponsor a candidate for election. The Tribunal was in grave error when it held that the Petitioner had no right to contest the election" - Justice Abang held.

I felt very uncomfortable when I saw the name, Justice Okon abang now at the Appeal court?

Wahala dey!!!!! Cash and carry Fed high court judge that year
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by simfrost90210: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
It's obvious APC wants to take over the whole country in one year and make sure the citizens see their ears with their own eyes... It's sad!
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Antoeni(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
If not for the shambolic ways INEC conducts election. Should we have this kind of things happening that after an independent body conducts election, court decides who won the election. Shamefullness.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by splendournoni: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
Bluntemperor:

So APC held the PDP's ✋ hands- not to Conduct their own- Primaries, that the Courts had earlier directed them to do,abi?
Indeed,some people are too dirty to be in Politics, even where facts are confronting them,they will still cry blues! Shame!

I'm not a PDP LP or APC supporter... just look at Kano a state that deliveres almost all votes to NNPP APC wants to over turn it and violence is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Jostoman: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
voltron14:
grin

Wait for the screamers.

They'll be here shortly.
i just hope judiciary will not burn down this country with their bias judgement.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by adecz: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2023
You beat APC at the polls, but
you can't beat them in court❗️❗️❗️😐😐😐
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by fergie001: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
slivertongue:

They have boasted they will use their connect in the judiciary to take power. Infact they said d governor won't last beyond mid January. imagine someone saying over his dead body and swearing with the grave of his father. The PDP house of assembly members will go and if the governor wins at the supreme Court then instability and impeachment is the next option. So with a given set of judges overseeing the Plateau case suspicion is rife. of course you can't accuse the judges of 'par incuriam', they know what they are doing. Do you remember Isa Salami & Katsina Allu brohaha over Sokoto in 2007? it happens but most lawyers pretend as if they don't know what is happening.
I remember this very well.
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by casualobserver: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

"PDP was nowhere to be found in Plateau State having failed to comply with exhibit G1 as at the time of the election. A political party with no structure cannot be qualified to sponsor a candidate for election. The Tribunal was in grave error when it held that the Petitioner had no right to contest the election" - Justice Abang held.

I felt very uncomfortable when I saw the name, Justice Okon abang now at the Appeal court?

Wahala dey!!!!! Cash and carry Fed high court judge that year

Why give the judiciary an opportunity to mess you up? At some point people must take responsibility for their own errors. If you performed your state congress according to the law, instead of the situation where your cannot settle your problems in house and your own party members are taking the party to court to get court orders to stop the congress, nobody can come and challenge your candidates no matter the manner they emerged. So PDP must take responsibility for their lapses and not all the time blaming judiciary.

There are a lot of cases that PDP have lost due to ineptitude, ogun state and plateau come to mind. At some point you can’t keep blaming judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by moskush1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
So party sponsorship is a post election matter?? APCourt continue
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Macgyver1: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
I'm resident in Jos Plateau state and I can confidently say that PDP won this election, APC is just scuttling everything.
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by slivertongue: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Truths9ja:
in Zamfara you are referring to, it’s between APC faction and APC faction. On plateau case, the Supreme Court of justice will do justice in the matter cos’ it’s a pre election and post election matters. It will be struck out for lacking merit.

Zamfara and Plateau case ain't same neither are they under same electoral act.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by fabolouz1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
I have learnt two very important lessons today.

A. Sympathy and sentiments has no place in law.

B. The tribunal is not to make litigants happy but to do justice.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by casualobserver: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
moskush1:
So party sponsorship is a post election matter?? APCourt continue

Party existence not sponsorship. To sponsor you must exist. To exist you must conduct a valid state congress. Outsider cannot challenge who you sponsor, outsider can challenge whether you exist as a party. If you don’t exist as a party because of your own anyhowness and internal fighting then under the law you can’t sponsor nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Usmanovic95(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
Has any APC governor been sacked by either the tribunal or the appeal court In this electoral petition season because it's like the axings have been lopsided.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Afamed: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
splendournoni:

I'm not a PDP LP or APC supporter... just look at Kano a state that deliveres almost all votes to NNPP APC wants to over turn it and violence is inevitable

When una want to begin una lie, the story n line is always,I am not PDP or LP.

Did you remember Zamfara scenario where all elected officials from Gov to senate to state house who were overwhelming won by APC?

Did you remember the court in 2019, disqualified all of them and directed the PDP as the winner.
Did you remember or the hypocrite in you did not allow you to remember?
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by NAC1666: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
2special:
Do court seat on Sundays
Yes. The court sat today

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by casualobserver: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
splendournoni:

The question you people should ask is did NNPP follow the law in Kano, did PDP follow the law in Plateau? Simple questions! When Diri became Bayelsa governor because APC breached the law and Lyon was removed 1 day before inauguration despite the fact that he won the election , nobody said PDP is trying to take over the country.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Truths9ja: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
slivertongue:

Zamfara and Plateau case ain't same neither are they under same electoral act.

The amended electoral act 2022 affirmed the victories of Governor dauda Lawal of Zamfara 2019 poll but the plateau case is different cos’ it’s a pre election matter and also the tribunal affirmed it that the petition of APC is highly preelection matter
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by slivertongue: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
fergie001:
I remember this very well.

Tinubu and APC have the mandate to govern they should do it with caution before they throw Nigeria into needless crisis. Second republic started like this
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by voltron14: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
Jostoman:
i just hope judiciary will not burn down this country with their bias judgement.

Abeg go and sit down.
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Kukutente23: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=127054072][/quote]
Lol. Congresses are no longer internal affair of a party
Qualification of a candidate suddenly is no longer a pre- election matter
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Emyzoloye5(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
casualobserver:

Why give the judiciary an opportunity to mess you up? At some point people must take responsibility for their own errors. If you performed your state congress according to the law, instead of the situation where your cannot settle your problems in house and your own party members are taking the party to court to get court orders to stop the congress, nobody can come and challenge your candidates no matter the manner they emerged. So PDP must take responsibility for their lapses and not all the time blaming judiciary.

There are a lot of cases that PDP have lost due to ineptitude, ogun state and plateau come to mind. At some point you can’t keep blaming judiciary.

Yeah I get the point, one can't place Something on nothing and expect it to stand! It's very clear

But I still strongly believe that this judgement is politically motivated! Cus it's obviously a pre election matter thats suposed to originate from the high court...The Appeal court President might have influenced these judgements....we all knew the connection btw the woman and simon lalung.... Extremely corrupt judges like Okon abang are pencils in the hands of politicians
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by phemray(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

It's a 50 50 case.but they will surely win nasarawa case

If truly an high court judgement was ignored with no appeal, then Thier is an issue otherwise every politicians we make reference to that and so ignore every other court judgement. Then the supreme court has to protect the law
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by ufotunang: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
So APC now are now in control of the courts ?
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by aestake: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
sageb:

The sad reality 😔
I pray Governor Mutwang win in the Supreme Court.
E go benefit you?
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Midehi3(f): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
voltron14:
grin

Wait for the screamers.

They'll be here shortly.
Aren't you ashamed that Inec didn't even do their job well in the first place Why all the sack sack and installing APC candidates back, common sense una no get

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Midehi3(f): 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
ufotunang:
So APC now are now in control of the courts ?
Who is their leader again cheesy
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by fuck419: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
GOD WILL PUNISH GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
THAT MAN IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS.
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by casualobserver: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Yeah I get the point, one can't place Something on nothing and expect it to stand! It's very clear

But I still strongly believe that this judgement is politically motivated! Cus it's obviously a pre election matter thats suposed to originate from the high court...The Appeal court President might have influenced these judgements....we all knew the connection btw the woman and simon lalung.... Extremely corrupt judges like Okon abang are pencils in the hands of politicians

We all have a responsibility to ourselves. If you feel the environment is against you then it behoves you to make sure you are not found wanting in any regard. You cannot jump on the highway and blame a driver for not slowing down.

I remember how APC fought frantically to get their congress in order before the deadline (when Yobe governor was caretaker)

Whatever side of the divide you fall on, I think we must also learn to take responsibility for our own lapses. PDP is a mess how do you get 14m votes and lose and election? The few states you have you are losing to incompetence, is that how they want to govern a country.

I cannot stand LP and Obi but right now they are looking more like the deaf to opposition party that PDP.

This is outright incompetence. PDP is losing too many due to , infighting, incompetence and anyhowness.

Don’t put this on APC or the judiciary. The court order that rendered Plateau PDP invalid was obtained by aggreived PDP members. PDP internal fighting cost them the presidency, it has also cost them plateau state. You can’t keep sabotaging yourselves and blaming the judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by sholatech(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
casualobserver:

The question you people should ask is did NNPP follow the law in Kano, did PDP follow the law in Plateau? Simple questions! When Diri became Bayelsa governor because APC breached the law and Lyon was removed 1 day before inauguration despite the fact that he won the election , nobody said PDP is trying to take over the country.

Yes please, PDP in Plateau Followed the law in Plateau State. They did fresh congress after the court judgement by Justice Gang. The factional leader(Bitrus Kaze) even congratulated the winner(Chris Hassan) afterwards. The video evidence can be shared if you need so. Meanwhile, the APC candidate did not even allow Primaries to be conducted for his emergence. I watched on TVC the walkout by other APC candidates protesting Nentawe's emergence without a proper gubernatorial primaries. But we have to just allow the court judgement in Nigeria to stand- because it's never about who is right or wrong but whom the judges prefer to stay. I must say, Justice Abang is setting himself gradually as an unpopular Judge, same way we had CP/AIG Mba attach a bad name to his Police career.
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by Kukutente23: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
garfield1:

It's a 50 50 case.but they will surely win nasarawa case
Wike must be in severe pains now
Plateau is in his camp
Him too don collect
Re: Plateau: Appeal Court sacks Gov Mutfwang (PDP), affirms Nentawe (APC) by voltron14: 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2023
Midehi3:

Aren't you ashamed that Inec didn't even do their job well in the first place Why all the sack sack and installing APC candidates back, common sense una no get

Don't be stupid.

The invigilators job is not to tear your exam sheets.

He would make reports and send then to the markers and even a board who woukd assess your work

I know this is to complex for you to understand.

Primitive mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Govt Inherited Nothing From Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan – Buhari / May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.