Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad (1315 Views)

Superstory: The Nigerian TV Show That Got Zimbabweans Obsessed With Nollywood / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Icon2007: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2023
I am just wondering why women in africa especially Nigeria are so obsessed with abroad a friend of mine is 43 and earning close to 1M naira he told me he has not been enjoying his home ever since his wife younger sister moved to uk with her family early this year the pressure has been for them to move out of the country as well But my guy said he no feel.go sit down for class again because he has been trying to get job oversea but getting plenty rejections.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Another story from apc bots. I am here before it goes to the front page and alfa meils also put mouth too

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Oloki: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
Dey wan oppress like say abroad na paradise.

Make the wife go with her own money to text the ground over there. The husband can join later. Nonsense.

Unnecessary pressure.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
The Western world benefits women more,many women in Nigeria are suffering domestic and financial abuse too, if na abroad government will come to their aid. if na you won't you want it

Women are also futuristic and calculative, as a man in Nigeria you can die easily or lose your source of income, your wife and kids will become stranded, Husband's family can also send them packing.

Women also want the best outcome for their kids most times sometime men leave it to chance and say what will be will be. There are people all around us that have BSC and master's but are unemployed. The children of many fellow immigrants in Canada are outperforming the Canadians in school and they will get scholarships easily . Is that a bad thing to want

Women are also used to comfort, as a man if I was putting on Gen and AC overnight and things become hard i can easily adjust, but most women cannot easily adjust o and the way the economy is, there is fear and uncertainty.

No blame them too much. pele

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by WeirdAlien: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
It's not a gender thing. An average sane human living in Nigeria now has many reasons to consider travelling abroad.

It's not all about money, or how much you're making now. You have to look at the future. What kind of life do you want? What kind of life do you want for your children? If you don't have a business (or assets) big enough for them to inherit to have better life than you did, the alternative is to root them in an environment where they can reach their potentials with less suffering, if you can afford it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by MatrixReloaded: 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Another story from apc bots. I am here before it goes to the front page and ualfa meils also put mouth too
rest kwanu chile

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
rest kwanu chile

I dey Ethiopia now cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by MatrixReloaded: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I dey Ethiopia now cheesy cheesy
I never see child. Lost in the oaks of South America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

I never see child. Lost in the oaks of South America

E pain you Sha grin grin grin. How's agbado? Lamentations every day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by MatrixReloaded: 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

E pain you Sha grin grin grin. How's agbado? Lamentations every day.
Pain nor suffering is neither my portion but a word is enough 4 the wise. Chile....
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2023
MatrixReloaded:

Pain nor suffering is neither my portion but a word is enough 4 the wise. Chile....

Story story story o grin cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by MatrixReloaded: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Story story story o grin cheesy.
I diss "I'm an African Man" by tony tetula and 2baba. Great jam for you.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Mindlog: 4:14am On Nov 20, 2023
It offers better opportunities.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 4:54am On Nov 20, 2023
Icon2007:
I am just wondering why women in africa especially Nigeria are so obsessed with abroad a friend of mine is 43 and earning close to 1M naira he told me he has not been enjoying his home ever since his wife younger sister moved to uk with her family early this year the pressure has been for them to move out of the country as well But my guy said he no feel.go sit down for class again because he has been trying to get job oversea but getting plenty rejections.

First, that man is you. Nothing like "my friend" here.

Two, he is above 40 years, and unless he relocates via work visa through a standard recruitment process into a reputable firm abroad, he should remain in Nigeria. Do a vasectomy, plan your children's career path now, seek other avenues to generate wealth and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

P.S. He should not move via student visa o

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Fahvvy: 5:19am On Nov 20, 2023
I see no issue with a woman being obsessed about wanting to go abroad undecided...

I mean, even men too can sometime be obsessed on matters like this undecided...

My only issue here is that most of these women who want to go abroad are too bro.ke to even afford their transportation talk more of having enough money to enjoy themselves whilst they're there undecided...

And so they start acting like demon possessed fellows and start disturbing the peace of every innocent man around them undecided...

That's the issue! undecided...

Women like that, regardless of their place in my life disgust me undecided...

As for that woman in the OP's description, if I were in the OP's shoes, I would tell her that she's free to go whenever she raises the money herself undecided...

If she can't, then she better sh.ut her gutters & allow things go back to the way the were undecided...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 6:03am On Nov 20, 2023
ednut1:
The Western world benefits women more,many women in Nigeria are suffering domestic and financial abuse too, if na abroad government will come to their aid. if na you won't you want it

Women are also futuristic and calculative, as a man in Nigeria you can die easily or lose your source of income, your wife and kids will become stranded, Husband's family can also send them packing.

Women also want the best outcome for their kids most times sometime men leave it to chance and say what will be will be. There are people all around us that have BSC and master's but are unemployed. The children of many fellow immigrants in Canada are outperforming the Canadians in school and they will get scholarships easily . Is that a bad thing to want

Women are also used to comfort, as a man if I was putting on Gen and AC overnight and things become hard i can easily adjust, but most women cannot easily adjust o and the way the economy is, there is fear and uncertainty.

No blame them too much. pele

Based on what you have written: I am genuinely curious since you are more experienced in this stuff than I am;

what are the benefits a man gets from marriage apart from having children within a two-parent household?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by folake4u(f): 6:16am On Nov 20, 2023
Who nor like better thing? If I see opportunity and money, nothing will stop me.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2023
60- 70 percent of family relocation are orchestrated by women. The woman may or may not apply pressure,some subtle pressure,some suggestions but most times they persuade husbands by attributing every challenges faced to them living in Nigeria. Lol if your wife start telling you the reason kids are falling sick is because "they play too much or mosquito Is biting them in Nigeria" just know you are in for a long thing.

Why? Women like better things for themselves and family, most are easily influenced by peer pressure, some can't wait to show you shege banza you make them go through in Nigeria, some don't believe Nigeria can ever be better even though they spend hours praying in churches for Nigeria. I can boldly say majority wants to go because others are going.

I know of a single mother of two who has tried several times and she's still trying. She just wants to leave Nigeria any which way. The annoying part is she doesn't have the funds I told her to try a neighbor country sha because I don't understand the obsession.

What I really find disturbing is how pushy yet not financially supportive these women can be. You want a man to leave his lucrative job/work in Nigeria, spend all his life savings on travelling to go and start all over in a foreign land and you don't have or don't want to support him or even plans to lessen his burden over there. Ah! It is well.

Women can be very bossy and pushy. My advice to Op's friend is to scribble down terms and conditions, seat his wife down and demand what will be her input in finances and running the family when they go there. Will she be ready to split bills and take care of the family while he study. The percentage should be 70-30 with the man taking 30% . If she's good with and signed the agreement then maybe he can CONSIDER her request. Make she no go kill somebody's son.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by gbadexy(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:
60- 70 percent of family relocation are orchestrated by women. The woman may or may not apply pressure,some subtle pressure,some suggestions but most times they persuade husbands by attributing every challenges faced to them living in Nigeria. Lol if your wife start telling you the reason kids are falling sick is because "they play too much or mosquito Is biting them in Nigeria" just know you are in for a long thing.

Why? Women like better things for themselves and family, most are easily influenced by peer pressure, some can't wait to show you shege banza you make them go through in Nigeria, some don't believe Nigeria can ever be better even though they spend hours praying in churches for Nigeria. I can boldly say majority wants to go because others are going.

I know of a single mother of two who has tried several times and she's still trying. She just wants to leave Nigeria any which way. The annoying part is she doesn't have the funds I told her to try a neighbor country sha because I don't understand the obsession.

What I really find disturbing is how pushy yet not financially supportive these women can be. You want a man to leave his lucrative job/work in Nigeria, spend all his life savings on travelling to go and start all over in a foreign land and you don't have or don't want to support him or even plans to lessen his burden over there. Ah! It is well.

Women can be very bossy and pushy. My advice to Op's friend is to scribble down terms and conditions, seat his wife down and demand what will be her input in finances and running the family when they go there. Will she be ready to split bills and take care of the family while he study. The percentage should be 70-30 with the man taking 30% . If she's good with and signed the agreement then maybe he can CONSIDER her request. Make she no go kill somebody's son.
Do you think any such agreement is valid?
Plenty agreement and promises on the part of a woman.
From experience I think only a man can genuinely make a promise and commitment and mean it in family situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 20, 2023
gbadexy:

Do you think any such agreement is valid?
Plenty agreement and promises on the part of a woman.
From experience I think only a man can genuinely make a promise and commitment and mean it in family situation.
Lol... You think any woman will agree to that? Is just a strategy to get her off your neck. Plus consider is in bolded which means you can deny after consideration or accept.

Point is no one should be pressured into what he or she is not capable of.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Sweetvie: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2023
They travel abroad for the better opportunities it can provide. And some just want to show off grin
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Magnoliaa(f): 9:16am On Nov 20, 2023
Why is this a gender-centric topic again?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Magnoliaa(f): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:
60- 70 percent of family relocation are orchestrated by women.

You've made some very solid points in this submission sha. And I am inclined to believe you as you may be privy to more information than laypeople.

I am still looking for other reasons that supports the OP.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Atk1nson(m): 9:47am On Nov 20, 2023
Icon2007:

The issue is not "traveling abroad".

The issue is women are easily influenced by trends or what their neighbors are doing.

If a woman's peer buys a particular kind of fashion ware, many women become restless trying to do the same and measure up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Raalsalghul: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:

Very intelligent and realistic write-up especially the end.

It's paramount the man hammers on the fact that traditional roles do not exist in abroad and she would pull her weight in finances same way the man would do too when it comes to home chores and child care.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

Based on what you have written: I am genuinely curious since you are more experienced in this stuff than I am;

what are the benefits a man gets from marriage apart from having children within a two-parent household?
Benefits in Nigeria
Promotion opportunities/ “responsible man”- there are certain managerial role in Nigeria they give to only married people in some companies. A single guy can elope with money or company assets easily in a day, but with family he go hard.

Home manager- shopping, chores, food, taking care of kids+ plus school runs.

Advisor- financial or investment advisor. Sometimes some women help in acquiring assets as a family. Even tho many married women buy assets secretly.

Sex- 😆

I no go lie I struggled to list these things 😭. Be like say this thing is a bad deal. And is dictated by culture and religion lol
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2023
Persephone1:

such deals are not enforceable lol
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by vaginasurgeon: 12:13am On Nov 27, 2023
shocked
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
Most women seem to be the ones pushing for the relocation majorly for prestige and punishment on their husbands. Then the kids and "better life. "

Personally, I feel whoever pushes for it should be able to foot half of the relocation expenses.

It makes no sense you insist your spouse sell their assets you did not help too much In building to finance your japa dream.

Starting school at over 40 is not easy for most.

Anyone who gives you attitude for not funding theor Japa moves is beyond silly.

Remember, retirement looms ahead of you ooo.

Mat we find happiness, wealth and joy wherever we find ourselves is the prayer.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by Onlinebiz247: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
The previous statement is true: in many cases, it's women who primarily advocate for this Japa. For instance, if you're intending to travel abroad and you possess the means to take your entire family along, but you're aware that your wife tends to be lazy, avoiding exertion for even minor tasks, what options do you think one has? Especially when there are numerous expenses to cover there.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by ednut1(m): 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Onlinebiz247:
The previous statement is true: in many cases, it's women who primarily advocate for this Japa. For instance, if you're intending to travel abroad and you possess the means to take your entire family along, but you're aware that your wife tends to be lazy, avoiding exertion for even minor tasks, what options do you think one has? Especially when there are numerous expenses to cover there.
divorce is loading be that

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Travelling Abroad by lavylilly: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2023
undecided
ednut1:
divorce is loading be that

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian House New York / 805 Kent Rd London / Burkina Faso Passport..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.