Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) (33160 Views)

550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site / Women Make Their Money Working At A Building Site (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by gidjah(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2023
Wao !! Ma so people dey take scatter round he world !u guys can also DIG DIG O !CAN THERE BE ANY SECRET ANYMORE with this advent of internet ?
LegendHero:

Very very close. Even Ooni of Ife was at her wedding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Tetraozonaitera: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
Alvin212:
Very soon

She will be sacked for wearing same panties for one week without washing em

You guys thinking you are neater than Yorubas beats my imagination.
All your civilization starts in Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo etc.

You all leave your villages and village life never leave you.

I am presently outside Naija. I stay in a Hostel because I don't have money for a hotel. I share a room with an Igbo guy. The dirtiest and disorganized person ever I've met.
The Hostel manager happens to be a Nigerian too. An Igbo guy.
My roommate is so dirty that he uses toilet without floushing. The manager has complained tire but this guy can't change.
His clothes and slippers are all over the room as if he is the only one using the room. He farts from evening till dawn. Only God knows what he eats.

The worst grin
Recently, he wanted to urinate and someone was using the bathroom. So, he took an empty table water bottle and urinated in it.
He went to the veranda and placed it. The third day, the manager came to me and asked what was inside the bottle. I told him to go and ask his brother. grin
Wether he asked him or not I don't know. The fourth day I saw the bottle there again the content now brown. I was the one who told him to go throw the thing inside wastebasket outside the building and he did immediately.

When we were discussing latter and he was telling the other person he was a chemical engineer. I shook my head.

A graduate so dirty?

Disgusting.

All your civilization starts in Yorubaland. We know how local, dirty and uncultured you use to be when you first arrive.
Na today?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by oluwaseyi0: 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
Beverlyjean:

If she can't speak yoruba and has never visited her village...then she is not yoruba

Her father is a Yoruba King, she is a Yoruba princess

Her white husband has to come down here to marry her in flowing agbada with Ooni of Ife present

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Beverlyjean(f): 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
HBB1:

Let me screenshot this imbecilic statement for future reference!

An moronic imbe like u think u hv an opinion...go back to ur face me ghetto
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Swiftgrp: 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol, that babe is from Osun state and she is born to a Nigerian father.

This was her wedding photo back in Ede area.

Her father is the current Aragberi of Iragberi, Oba Dr. Folorunsho Agboade Makanju.
Ah! She's a Yoruba Princess... Real royal bloodline.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by purples25(f): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2023
ElSudani:

You don't accept people just because they are successful alone. I am sure that isn't the only criteria on which you judge or accept people.
I wasn't attacking you as well, honestly.

Okay then I'm glad we're not arguing.
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by porthouse7(f): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol, that babe is from Osun state and she is born to a Nigerian father.

This was her wedding photo back in Ede area.

Her father is the current Aragberi of Iragberi, Oba Dr. Folorunsho Agboade Makanju.
thanks for schooling the ipob guy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Swiftgrp: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2023
PureFace1:
The only Nigerian working at Open AI but the most surprising thing is calling a Yoruba woman with full Yoruba name an immigrant from Russia
She's pretty and intelligent... and of royal blood being that her father is an Oba.

Princess Anna Adeola Makanju repping the Nigerian Diaspora in the tech space! Her mum is Ukrainian just like Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan's mother. Nigerian men really went for Ukrainian and Russian women back in the day as students in the former Soviet Union. I knew some folks from five different families in that cross-cultural Nigerian-Ukrainian union back in Nigeria... Very handsome and beautiful mixed-race children.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Airlord2030: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
God bless her.
unlike that grv with igbo blood

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Alvin212(m): 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

You guys thinking you are neater than Yorubas beats my imagination.
All your civilization starts in Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo etc.

You all leave your villages and village life never leave you.

I am presently outside Naija. I stay in a Hostel because I don't have money for a hotel. I share a room with an Igbo guy. The dirtiest and disorganized person ever I've met.
The Hostel manager happens to be a Nigerian too. An Igbo guy.
My roommate is so dirty that he uses toilet without floushing. The manager has complained tire but this guy can't change.
His clothes and slippers are all over the room as if he is the only one using the room. He farts from evening till dawn. Only God knows what he eats.

The worst grin
Recently, he wanted to urinate and someone was using the bathroom. So, he took an empty table water bottle and urinated in it.
He went to the veranda and placed it. The third day, the manager came to me and asked what was inside the bottle. I told him to go and ask his brother. grin
Wether he asked him or not I don't know. The fourth day I saw the bottle there again the content now brown. I was the one who told him to go throw the thing inside wastebasket outside the building and he did immediately.

When we were discussing latter and was telling the other person he was a chemical engineer. I shook my head.

A graduate so dirty?

Disgusting.

All your civilization starts in Yorubaland. We know how local, dirty and uncultured you use to be when you first arrive.
Na today?

E pain you well well

OgbomoshooPIG

Hahaha hahaha
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by EEIA: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2023
LegendHero:

Very very close. Even Ooni of Ife was at her wedding.
You mean Hoorny of Ife attended her wedding? shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by YoshihideSuga: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2023
Calitoscassius:
There is nothing Naigerian about or on this woman, not even a tiny look of a Naigerian.

To be fair, her dad is Yoruba and she proudly bears the name. However, she's more Russian than Nigerian. She worked with the US government for Eastern European affairs at different levels. She didn't grow up in any African country or studied or worked in any. She is just Nigerian by the name. Even her husband isn't black, let alone Nigerian.

Typical of biracial children, especially those who never worked in any African country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by HBB1(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2023
Beverlyjean:

An moronic imbe like u think u hv an opinion...go back to ur face me ghetto

Should be 'a' before a word beginning with a consonant.

Then it should be 'thinks' and not 'think'

I hope you are not a graduate... because if you are, your Parents would have been better off using the money for Nairabet!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2023
E pained you say no bi Biafran
IamAtikulate:
Yorubas want to claim this Russian

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by NewDea4: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2023
PureFace1:

She is a Yoruba woman so we can claim her lol

she is not even Russian she is only half Ukrainian but born in Russia

Maybe she has Russian nationality

She definitely has nothing to do with Yoruba beyond the relevant portion of her DNA
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Powersurge: 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2023
PureFace1:

She is a Yoruba woman so we can claim her lol

she is not even Russian she is only half Ukrainian but born in Russia

U go explain tire
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Tetraozonaitera: 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2023
Alvin212:

E pain you well well

OgbomoshooPIG

Hahaha hahaha

I just told you the truth. If you wan die you can die.
No one is a pig but you guys. Even Nnamdi Kanu called you so.

You are a kind of special spiece of human beings who are so boastful , lousy, criminal minded and shameless.

Kiddo I have travelled length and breath of Africa. I haven't been out of Africa yet but within Africa, I have travelled wide.

The shame your people put Naija through is second to none. In crime and uncultured behavior.

I was in South Africa in 2010. Inside a Coastal bus, a public bus o.
Everyone sat down quietly both white and black. Those who were discussing were discussing quietly.

Two animals from Igbo land were talking to one another as if they were kilometers apart. They sat behind the bus.
Agaragagagaga.
People started gossiping about them and when I heard someone close to me say they are Nigerians, I was so ashamed of myself.
I started praying we get to the bus stop on time so I can part with the fooools.

You guys are just lousy and uncultured for my liking.
And you are so quick to judge others.

No way the village life can leave you people.
It's a shame

2 Likes

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by RecentHistory: 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
IamAtikulate:
Yorubas want to claim this Russian
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Only an akpu-chewing fool like you sees himself as inferior to Russians.
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by viodemus: 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2023
One of the PR for open AI is not the same as person wey dey really intuned with the in depth technicality. No be wetin sales dept, tell am, she go talk.
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 10:37pm On Nov 20, 2023
LegendHero:
Imagine them saying a Yoruba woman is from Russia.

Person wey be Adeola Makanju. But it’s still nice, she can always be Nigerian-Russian, it’s still good.

Yoruba women are doing fantastic across the tech spectrum. Kudos to them.
While sanwo-olu is busy with extravagant spending in Lagos here
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by fapcrook(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Yorubas don't even have to claim her,she has already identified with the Yoruba with her names - Adeola Makanju,those are original Yoruba names ! Yorubas have been so much blessed that they don't even have to do any "attache by force" unlike some idiots from one erosion ravaged land of criminals ! Yorubas are above that,the records are all there !

Meanwhile,Adeola Makanju is from a royal family in Osun state,the cradle of Yoruba race. She is a Princess from Iragberi in Osun state. She visits Osun state regularly as a Princess that she is !

Chinedu,shut up your faecal ogiri smelling trap,Adeola is proudly Yoruba !

A beg no loud am again
Den sabi already. Omo Ijinle ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by LegendHero(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2023
tollyboy5:

While sanwo-olu is busy with extravagant spending in Lagos here

At least Lagos revenue is so huge that the amount Sanwo spent is lower compared to the revenue. Sanwo-Olu too dey craze tho coz it’s absurd that they are performing such heist siphoning state funds on irrelevances.

By the way, Abia IGR no go reach 5billion monthly and yet Otti don use 1 billion chop inn just 3 month.

Make Otti fear God nao. Is the guy a glutton?

5 Likes

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
LegendHero:

At least Lagos revenue is so huge that the amount Sanwo spent is lower compared to the revenue. Sanwo-Olu too dey craze tho coz it’s absurd that they are performing such heist siphoning state funds on irrelevances.

By the way, Abia IGR no go reach 5billion monthly and yet Otti don use 1 billion chop inn just 3 month.

Make Otti fear God nao. Is the guy a glutton?
As a lagosian i will stone sanwo-olu if he ever comes closer to Epe.
People are suffering while they're looting!

This is sheer wickedness! Fashola and ambode did not do upto this. Beside i have no business with abia state
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Stoplying: 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
Eriokanmi:
She's yoruba, half caste. That's her on the left, during her father's coronation as Oba
There is only one Oba, you guys are annoying, stop using the title of the Oba of Benin as a "general word for king". You are speaking English, yet you prefer to say the title of the Oba of Benin rather than the title of this monarch or the word king (title of the British monarch). It is just do annoying, learn your titles and leave ours alone !
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Stoplying: 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2023
The woman is not a scientist nor an engineer, so what are you so proud of ?
You don't need to be a genius to do what she does.
It is good, she's going to make a lot of money, but I don't get the hype.
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

To be fair, her dad is Yoruba and she proudly bears the name. However, she's more Russian than Nigerian. She worked with the US government for Eastern European affairs at different levels. She didn't grow up in any African country or studied or worked in any. She is just Nigerian by the name. Even her husband isn't black, let alone Nigerian.

Typical of biracial children, especially those who never worked in any African country.
Absolutely! She would not even identify as Naigerian , so why did the article describe her as Naigerian? even if her father is Naigerian she is not a Naigerian.

I have white mixed raced children one born in Maimi the other in England.. they do not even want to be described as Half Naigerian let alone.. i was born in England my parents are Naigerians, i only began to identify as originally from Naigerian when i became an adult I love identifying as Naigerian most times also.
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Stoplying: 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Absolutely! She would not even identify as Naigerian , so why did the article describe her as Naigerian? even if her father is Naigerian she is not a Naigerian.

I have white mixed raced children one born in Maimi the other in England.. they do not even want to be described as Half Naigerian let alone.. i was born in England my parents are Naigerians, i only began to identify as originally from Naigerian when i became an adult I love identifying as Naigerian most times also.
Dude, you don't need to identify as Nigerian. Nigeria is a colonial construction, identify with your Precolonial country instead.
I'm Edo, before 1897, the country of my ancestors was called Benin empire.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by nosa2ekundayo: 2:30am On Nov 21, 2023
abdeefggh:
We are very proud of her.
Education is really good, just imagine if all ethnic groups in Nigeria have Yoruba mentality.
Definitely we will be among the most powerful countries today.

No terrorists group
No religion bigotry
No tribal bigotry
Live and let's live
No supremacy war
Not a war monger.
Just a group of people that wants to progress.

Define the Yoruba mentality please so we are cleared...

Do you mean it's only yorubas that are in classrooms across board?

If acquiring world power is all about driving taisi and taking salary earning jobs which are also transient, then you will need some agbado and 5 plates of Ewa to go with!

Even the office of the VP openAI is transient and Anna makanju is working for = salary earner...

Let the North, south and East breathe please!
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by Beverlyjean(f): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2023
HBB1:

Should be 'a' before a word beginning with a consonant.

Then it should be 'thinks' and not 'think'

I hope you are not a graduate... because if you are, your Parents would have been better off using the money for Nairabet!

Lol... a hungry graduate like u ended up teaching English in government high-school earning 30k a month πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£... even my driver earns 3 times ur salary and my maid earns 2 times , just as my security πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.... as I said earlier , people.like u are of no value when it comes to decision making... no one listens to ur opinion cos u are a nobody
Re: Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) by HBB1(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Lol... a hungry graduate like u ended up teaching English in government high-school earning 30k a month πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£... even my driver earns 3 times ur salary and my maid earns 2 times , just as my security πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.... as I said earlier , people.like u are of no value when it comes to decision making... no one listens to ur opinion cos u are a nobody

🀣

Empty barrel!

...and you know how much I earn a year ?

Bragging like a toddler...
Run along now child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? / My Experience With A Random Warri Boy / NBA To Investigate Prof Ndifon, Baddest Lawyer, Adamawa REC, Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.