Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Nigeria Immigration Office Is A Nightmare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Immigration Office Is A Nightmare (187 Views)

Fire Razes Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters In Abuja / COVID-19: The Presidency's Photo Of Buhari In His Office Is an Old Picture / Aregbesola Commissions Immigration Office Complex In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Office Is A Nightmare by KayB: 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2023
*COPIED FROM A PLATFORM IN ILESA*

This is a true incident confirmed directly from a concerned individual at the Ilesa Passport Office.👇👇

I would like to share my experience at the Ilesha Passport office with everyone here.
I applied online on the 20th October 2023 and was given an appointment on the 23rd October 2023 to capture my biodata at the Ilesha office.
From the gate,I was asked by the Security men if I had an agent or if I applied online. I saw them exchange looks when I answered that I applied online but I waited and had my data captured. When I was leaving the officers again asked me if I had an agent and I said no .
On Thursday Nov 16 roughly more than 3 weeks after the date of capture I got a disturbing phone call from the officer I spoke to before I left saying there was a problem with my application and that my image I.e Passport image was missing. I was surprised as in all my years of applying for a passport my details have never been declared missing before. I immediately suspected sabotage. Nobody there was able to give me an answer . I realized that they wanted to frustrate me so I would offer a bribe. At this point, I told them the Almighty Allah would solve the problem inshaAllah. I left the office sad and angry but resolute. I resolved not to pay a bribe and that I would complain.

First the new Minister of State has ordered the Immigration service to clear the backlog yet here was the entire system in ilesha full of people with no milk of human kindness. At this point I remembered there is an immigration complaint email and number which the Minister shared with the public. I called the number at 10.20am.yesterday the 17th November a day after the sabotage attempt. The Officer who picked up the phone was courteous and explained to me that they know that the system is full of corrupt eggs. She took my details and said I should relax. By 4.45 pm I got a phone call from her saying my passport was ready. By 4.50 the Ilesha immigration Centre Officials called me as well and said I should come in on Monday to pick up my passport. The reason I'm sharing this is to implore us . We must help this government fight evil. If I didn't call this number I wouldn't have received help. It's obvious that we the people of this country have in our midst evil greedy government officials who are trying to frustrate the process . If anyone has a problem (with the Passport processing and collection)please go online and use the complaints procedure .

We all have to be determined to make Nigeria better.

COPIED.

*Immigration Complaints & Enquiries Desk - 09121477092. E-mail: nis.servicom@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng*
Re: Nigeria Immigration Office Is A Nightmare by immortalcrown(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
Nigeria is very corrupt. This is how a dispatch rider told me that I would pay him extra money for bringing a package to my address. An address I indicated when placing the order and I was charged for the delivery to the address oh! He claimed my addresse beyond the farthest delivery point for his company. My address is about 4 minutes drive from where he claimed is the farthest delivery point. I told him I would rather have the package returned and my money refunded instead of paying him extra money for the delivery. He quickly told me to process a refund. The, he hung up.

But when I contacted the company two days later, I found out that the man lied and that he had already scanned the package and the tracking system shows I had collected the package. He didn't know I would contact the company. He would have either succeeded in scamming me or he would have punished me by tricking me into returning an undelivered package and waiting for a refund.

(1) (Reply)

Orumba South LGA Chairman Flags Off Palliative Works On Roads In Communities / Minister Bayo Adelabu Pledges For 24-hour Electricity In Nigeria, Criticises Pas / Fct Minister Receives Immediate Past Nigerian Ambassador To Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.