Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Will Continue To Stand With Governor Siminalayi Fubara - Rt. Hon Ehie Edison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Continue To Stand With Governor Siminalayi Fubara - Rt. Hon Ehie Edison (212 Views)

Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' / Profile Of Siminalayi Fubara, Rivers State Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Continue To Stand With Governor Siminalayi Fubara - Rt. Hon Ehie Edison by ndinsider: 12:31pm On Nov 21, 2023
New Speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly, Rt Hon. Edision Ehiehas said he will continue to stand firm with the Rivers State Governor, Sir Siminalayi Fubara and that no threat, intimidation, allegation can stop him

He said this when he held a press briefing concerning the recent attack on his compound by some armed men

Rt Hon.Edision Ehie, who represents Ahoada East Constituency 2 said, around 11pm Sunday 18th November 2023, Armed men some in mufty others in police uniform attempted gaining access into his premises, shooting sporadically with a possible plan of killing him.

“Yesterday around 11 pm, I had closed the engagement, I moved upstairs, and we had put the children to bed and I was interacting with my wife when we got alerted by security men attached to me that there was an attempted invasion by men in mufti and some in uniform.

“I quickly got up from the room and came downstairs, and not too long, we started hearing the noise of the attempt by these security men in their Hilux vehicles to forcefully gain entrance into this residence but they were repelled by the security personnel.

“To our greatest surprise, these security operatives, led by one SP Irefeike London and DSP Masarachi ordered their men and started shooting sporadically.

“You can confirm from the neighbours in this vicinity that nobody could sleep last night. But to the glory of God, the security operatives ably resisted them.

“Till now, my family is in shock. My wife and my two little children are still in shock. It is so painful that people can go to that level. My children cannot go to school; they did not sleep last night because of the shock.”

He said the invasion was connected to the ongoing political upheavals in the state, expressed shock that those after him were also trying to link him with the murder of the Divisional Police Officer of Ahoada, the late SP Bako Angbanshin despite the fact that some of the killers have been captured and have also mentioned their sponsors to the Police.

Niger Delta Insider

Re: I Will Continue To Stand With Governor Siminalayi Fubara - Rt. Hon Ehie Edison by OmoFiditi: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
I stand with you my brother. Nothing dey sup!
Re: I Will Continue To Stand With Governor Siminalayi Fubara - Rt. Hon Ehie Edison by Zonefree(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
Same thing Amaechi told Odili
Same thing Wike told Amaechi
Same thing Fubara told Wike.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: News Central TV MD And Editor In Chief, Kayode Akintemi Unveiled / ‘Be Vigilant’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Followers Ahead Dec 15 Supreme Court Judgement / Unpalatable Experience With Ikeja Electric Disco!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.