Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? (529 Views)

I'm Not A Blogger, I'm An Entertainer - Tunde Ednut Tells Peter Obi / Paris Or London.which Would You Prefer / Entertainer 'youngest Old Man' Picks APC N10m House Of Reps Expression Of Intere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by updatechange(m): 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2023
Canada or London which one is best for a DJ, entertainer, actor and music producer.

Pls give reasons why you chose one of the above. Pls don’t air me.
Thanks
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by Amotolongbo(f): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2023
Do you mean Canada or England(UK)

England is the best place for DJ to relocate to. There are many Nigerians and japa noisemakers who love to show everything they do on the social media there.

More so, London is just a Lagos with the touch of snow

6 Likes

Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by Throwback: 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Do you mean Canada or England(UK)

LOL!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by inoki247: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
Canadian Loud shocked shocked

How many show dem dey du for Canada.....

U suppose know the answer Most Nigeria artist makes noise abt 02 different hall been shut down in UK...

People living in Canada Cold no allow dem fit go for show and du show off....

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by CoronaVirusPro: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
No comparison!

England for sure!

The only things you will mix for in Canada are polar bears!

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by WorldRichest: 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
updatechange:
Canada or London which one is best for a DJ, entertainer, actor and music producer.

Pls give reasons why you chose one of the above. Pls don’t air me.
Thanks

Get something meaningful to do with your life. We don't party in UK, and USA where they party everyday, they kill themselves like the way IPOB/ESN/UGM has been killing Igbos like Christmas chickens. I mentioned USA because most of you get to Canada and start sneaking into USA because there are no jobs in Canada.

If you are not doing Medicals, IT, and Engineering, then don't go and suffer yourself inside cold ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by updatechange(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
WorldRichest:

Get something meaningful to do with your life. We don't party in UK, and USA where they party everyday, they kill themselves like the way IPOB/ESN/UGM has been killing Igbos like Christmas chickens. I mentioned USA because most of you get to Canada and start sneaking into USA because there are no jobs in Canada.

If you are not doing Medicals, IT, and Engineering, then don't go and suffer yourself inside cold ooooo

I believe you are just being sarcastic
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by Chinjo2: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
I prefer UK because of the exchange rate. 1 pound sterling is greater than one canadian dollar.
So if you want your hustle to pay well, UK should be your preferred destination.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by SoNature(m): 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2023
Chinjo2:
I prefer UK because of the exchange rate. 1 pound sterling is greater than one canadian dollar.
So if you want your hustle to pay well, UK should be your preferred destination.

Exchange rate shouldn't drive you to move to the UK at all.

You forget that the UK government taxes are some of the highest in the world.

How can a man tax another over 40% of their income? That's just crazy.

But the good part about the UK is that you enjoy accessible, almost free medical services, unlike the US and Canada.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by ysth(m): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
WorldRichest:

IPOB kill igbos? This one never go anywhere for Nigeria apart from this UK him manage travel to and not even sure of permanent residency status any time soon.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by Raskimonojendor: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
You better go to London. Who are you entertaining in Canada lol.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by Raskimonojendor: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Just move jejely to UK, since winter alone can shit down Canada for atleast 4-5 months of the year.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by opamoses1: 8:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
SoNature:

Exchange rate shouldn't drive you to move to the UK at all.

You forget that the UK government taxes are some of the highest in the world.

How can a man tax another over 40% of their income? That's just crazy.

But the good part about the UK is that you enjoy accessible, almost free medical services, unlike the US and Canada.

Same in Canada. Canada is even a little higher with tax sef.
In the UK, if you make equivalent of 100,000 Cad,you get taxed 27.5%. In Canada, for the same amount, the tax is 30%.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by apolonius(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2023
Canada is better. I live here around the GTA and crawl well. Plenty parties-birthdays, wedding anniversaries among others.

A number of lounges, clubs & restaurants are popping up daily in Toronto, Vaughan, Etobicoke among others- Festac Lounge is a good place to start and they will love you if you are good. The rebranded ATL-Naira Lounge- is great too. La Shish is good too.

I can make introductions if you ever make it here.

I lived and studied in London and a few places in England for 14 years. Yes, South-East, East and North-West London has many Nigerians and places. It’s all largely poverty HQ. Canada has changed many professional lives and given many modest wealth in 2-3 years in ways that the UK can’t give in 20-30 years.

Just ensure that you have secured and permanent immigration. Reach out for ideas if you want.

For Nigerians who like to criticize Canada, tell them they know nothing. Great opportunities for financial security and professional prosperity abound. Ignore the noise of students and people with no permanent immigration.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by SoNature(m): 6:01am On Nov 22, 2023
opamoses1:

Same in Canada. Canada is even a little higher with tax sef.
In the UK, if you make equivalent of 100,000 Cad,you get taxed 27.5%. In Canada, for the same amount, the tax is 30%.

That's not true. UK's taxes are higher than those of the US and Canada.

Canada has basic tax of 15% or so. If you earn beyond that threshold that requires you to pay 15%, instead of taxing you say 30%, that 30% will be applied on the difference between the threshold and actual earning.

In other words, when you see Canada say they tax 30%, they don't actually tax up to that. Rather, they only tax the difference.

If you know someone in Canada, call the person and tell them to explain how it works. You will understand it better if it's explained in detail.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by opamoses1: 6:05am On Nov 22, 2023
SoNature:

That's not true. UK's taxes are higher than those of the US and Canada.

Canada has basic tax of 15% or so. If you earn beyond that threshold that requires you to pay 15%, instead of taxing you say 30%, that 30% will be applied on the difference between the threshold and actual earning.

In other words, when you see Canada say they tax 30%, they don't actually tax up to that. Rather, they only tax the difference.

If you know someone in Canada, call the person and tell them to explain how it works. You will understand it better if it's explained in detail.
Check out the link below. Scroll down and you would see the equivalent tax you would pay in other countries for same earnings in Canada.

https://ca.talent.com/tax-calculator?salary=100000&from=year&region=Ontario

I have lived in Canada for the past 8 years. And lived in the UK for 5 years prior to that 8 years in Canada.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by SoNature(m): 6:10am On Nov 22, 2023
opamoses1:

Check out the link below. Scroll down and you would see the equivalent tax you would pay in other countries for same earnings in Canada.

https://ca.talent.com/tax-calculator?salary=100000&from=year&region=Ontario

I have lived in Canada for the past 8 years. And lived in the UK for 5 years prior to that 8 years in Canada.

Bros, if you don't agree to this basic explanation from me, trust me, you have never lived in Canada.
Re: Japa: Canada Or London Which One Is Best For A DJ, Entertainer? by opamoses1: 6:14am On Nov 22, 2023
SoNature:

Bros, if you don't agree to this basic explanation from me, trust me, you have never lived in Canada.
Lol. I don't know what else to say.
You can as well say, I created that calculator website myself too.

(1) (Reply)

Police Bust Syndicate Abducting Minors From Bauchi Selling To Buyers In S.E / Ondo 2024: Wale Akinterinwa Is The Man Of The Moment / Daddy Hezekiah Commends Tinubu For Rejec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.