Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,698 members, 7,844,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Rivers Crisis: Wike’s Man Reacts To Rising Tension As Anti, Pro-fubara Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: Wike’s Man Reacts To Rising Tension As Anti, Pro-fubara Lawmakers (214 Views)

Wike's Loyalist Set Ablaze Thanksgiving Venue Of Pro Fubara Group In Rivers / Rivers: Why Pro-fubara Speaker Resigned, Vacated Seat / Anti, Pro-Akpabio Protesters Storm National Assembly Over NDDC Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: Wike’s Man Reacts To Rising Tension As Anti, Pro-fubara Lawmakers by Oluchi54: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2023
Describing the current political temperature in Rivers State as very disturbing and worrisome, Comrade Igbini Odafe says many Nigerians have been reaching out to him as ex-Governor Nyesom “Wike’s man” since the purported assassination attempt on the factional speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Edison Ehie was reported yesterday.

Speaking with Prime Business Africa on Tuesday, he disclosed that “the result of my independent preliminary investigation into this matter saddens me even though there is no proven evidence yet at my disposal that an Assassination plot was contemplated or attempted.

“But whatever happened that Sunday night in that vicinity was totally unnecessary. It should never have happen at all, not when there is still tension as a result of the unfortunate minor misunderstanding between my former Governor Wike and his political son, Governor Fubara.”

He spoke on a day when security operatives took over the entrance to the State House of Assembly complex providing a cover for the 25 lawmakers opposed to the state governor, Siminalayi Fubara, to hold their sitting. Human and vehicular movements were not allowed on the popular road throughout the duration of the sitting of the lawmakers.

To read more, click on the link below
https://www.primebusiness.africa/rivers-crisis-wikes-man-reacts-to-rising-tension-as-anti-pro-fubara-lawmakers-counter-sit/

(1) (Reply)

Unpalatable Experience With Ikeja Electric Disco! / Biafra: Bakassi Peninsula Militants Bomb Oil Installations, K!ll 9 JBS, 3 Worker / Investigation Reveals Buhari Did Not Approve Emefiele’s Naira Redesign Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.