Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Should We Call This A Coffin From Hong Kong, The Flesh Of The Orchid Or Simply D - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Should We Call This A Coffin From Hong Kong, The Flesh Of The Orchid Or Simply D (1125 Views)

The Coffin Of Errors (Short Story) / SIMPLY LOVE ARTICLES AND QUOTES / Withered Orchid: A story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should We Call This A Coffin From Hong Kong, The Flesh Of The Orchid Or Simply D by AzukaO(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2011
Should we call this A COFFIN FROM HONG KONG, THE FLESH OF THE ORCHID or simply DOUBLE SHUFFLE? Whether you are named CADE or MALLORY, please just FIGURE THIS OUT FOR YOURSELF.

Doctor says you have BUT A SHORT TIME TO LIVE and advises that you HAVE A CHANGE OF SCENE. Realizing that THIS IS FOR REAL and that it is JUST THE WAY IT IS, you decide to embark on a MISSION TO VENICE instead of a MISSION TO SIENA. Then ONE BRIGHT SUMMER MORNING, there comes: KNOCK, KNOCK, “WHO IS THERE?” you ask, afraid of receiving THE DOLL’S BAD NEWS. A man that looks TRUSTED LIKE THE FOX and a lady that looks like EVE give you the SHOCK TREATMENT: The man asks: “How would you LIKE A HOLE IN THE HEAD?”, while the lady asks: “WANT TO STAY ALIVE?” Remembering that the doctor said IT’S JUST A MATTER OF TIME, you say in your heart: “I HOLD THE FOUR ACES,” and tell them: “Only THE GUILTY ARE AFRAID.” The man laughs and says: “YOU MUST BE KIDDING,” threatening you to HAVE YOURSELF A DEAL or he would open A CAN OF WORMS, since he is a man with AN EAR TO THE GROUND. You wonder: “This is AN ACE UP MY SLEEVE. But WHY PICK ON ME?” However, you don’t want to be JUST ANOTHER SUCKER, so you plot how to HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS. If you HAVE YOURSELF A DEAL as they want, then you should CONSIDER YOURSELF DEAD. But if you don’t, it would be like touching the TIGER BY THE TAIL. You lament in your heart: “Oh, THE THINGS MEN DO! So this is THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES?” Your mind warns you, “COME EASY, GO EASY. YOU ARE LONELY WHEN YOU ARE DEAD.” You know these two are SAFER DEAD and that THE DEAD STAY DUMB, but you don’t have a gun and you know they are both BELIEVED VIOLENT. As you wonder whether to tell them, “THIS IS NOT MY THING” or play ball, the lady smiles coyly, touches your cheek gently and says, “WELL NOW, MY PRETTY; YOU’VE GOT IT COMING. The GOLDFISH HAVE NO HIDING PLACE.”

If you were this person, what would you do? Would you call their bluff and tell them: “TELL IT TO THE BIRDS; I WOULD RATHER STAY POOR,” or would you tell yourself: “Since THE VULTURE IS A PATIENT BIRD, MY LAUGH COMES LAST,” or simply smell THE WHIFF OF MONEY and ask yourself: “Well, WHAT IS BETTER THAN MONEY?”
Re: Should We Call This A Coffin From Hong Kong, The Flesh Of The Orchid Or Simply D by breathing(f): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2011
Lol, this looks like another JHC novel in itself

(1) (Reply)

ManMen / Happy Birthday Temitope Daniel / How To Make Reading An Interesting Experience.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.