Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m (2098 Views)

SHOCKER: CTC Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election / Kano Gov, Abba Yusuf Sacks Commissioner Who Threatened Tribunal Judges / Aisha Bichi Orders Arrest Of Abba Yusuf, Orders His Aide Garba Kilo To Be Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Bari22: 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
Contrary to its Friday pronouncement upholding the judgement of the Kano Governorship Election Petition Tribunal, the certified true copy of the Court of Appeal judgment however revealed that the appellate court had set aside the judgement of the lower tribunal.

The Court of Appeal had during its Friday judgement upheld the judgement of the tribunal, declaring APC candidate, Nasiru Gawuna, as winner of the governorship election in the state.

But when the certified true copy of the judgement was released by the court on Tuesday, our reporter observed a number of contradictory declarations in the judgement.

The appellate went further to award the N1,000,0000 cost in favour of the NNPP and against the APC as against its Friday pronouncement.

In one instance, the appellate court declared “I will conclude by stating that the live issues in this appeal are hereby resolved in favour of the 1st respondent (APC) and against the appellant (Governor Abba Yusuf)”, but went further to contradict itself in another sentence.

The court said: “In the circumstances, I resolve all the issues in favour of the appellant (NNPP) and against the 1st respondent (APC).”

The court further shot itself on the foot, declaring “Therefore, I find no merit in this appeal which is liable to be and is hereby dismissed.”

But in the final line of the judgement, the court set aside the judgement of the tribunal, which sacked the governor.

“The judgment of the tribunal In Petition No.: EPT/KN/GOV/01/2023 between: ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC) v. INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION & 2 ORS. delivered on the 20th day of September, 2023 is hereby set aside,” the CTC of the judgement read.

Recall that the Kano State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal on September 20 sacked the governor and declared the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Nasiru Gawuna, winner of the March 18 governorship poll.

Dissatisfied by the lower tribunal’s decision, the governor, through his counsel Wole Olanipekun, asked the appellate court to set aside the judgment of the tribunal.

But the court of appeal in a unanimous ruling on Friday said the governor was not a valid candidate in the March 18 gubernatorial election.

https://dailynigerian.com/shocker-ctc-court-appeal/

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by TemplarLandry: 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Bari22: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
Some people alleged that, the judgement of Kano State governorship Election have been tampered with a night before the judgement was delivered. The certified copy of the judgement that have been released just today almost four days after the judgement is still showing some contradictions. The one in charge of editing the judgement has forget to edit some sentences that shows NNPP has won the appeal.

That's Nigeria for us

12 Likes

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by vicdom(m): 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ahh! what kind of errors is this?
Garfield1 Fergie001
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Bari22: 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2023
vicdom:
Garfield1 Fergie001

It's not an error, you know no matter how much you tried to bury the truth, the truth must finally prevail. That's just what happened in Kano judgement

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by vicdom(m): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bari22:

It's not an error, you know no matter how much you tried to bury the truth, the truth must finally prevail. That's just what happened in Kano judgement
Seems they just want to take kano by all means
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Racoon(m): 10:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
shocked This is the criminal merchandise the judiciary has been reduced to under this dispensation if truly this is the CTC of the Kano election petition tribunal

Well, the truth is, in this year’s presidential election, the ruling party, its candidate and allies did their arithmetic, cashrithmetic and thuggerithmetic. And not a few will swear that the outcome was decided in advance.

nlfpmod Seun

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 10:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
vicdom:
Garfield1 Fergie001

It's normal.and this judge was nominated for apex court

2 Likes

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bari22:

It is an error.what does the main body says?

1 Like

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Racoon(m): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bari22:
Truth is sacrosanct sir. You can't hide or bury it

7 Likes

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Asidy(m): 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2023
Just imaging how much money was given to the person that write this appeal, but he failed to write properly and cover all the truth in the matter!!😂

8 Likes

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by fergie001: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
vicdom:
Garfield1
Just got the soft copy to read through this night!

1 Like

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2023
fergie001:

Just got the soft copy to read through this night!

Oga,give me the entire copy make I follow peruse.i am bored
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by KillahPriest: 11:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
TemplarLandry:
see wetin una don cause grin

1 Like

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Beremx(f): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ganduje is guilty of this. No wonder he was boasting about the judgement by the court of appeal. I hope the supreme court will deliver the justice Kano people deserve

5 Likes

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by KillahPriest: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Bari22:
Some people alleged that, the judgement of Kano State governorship Election have been tampered with a night before the judgement was delivered. The certified copy of the judgement that have been released just today almost four days after the judgement is still showing some contradictions. The one in charge of editing the judgement has forget to edit some sentences that shows NNPP has won the appeal.

That's Nigeria for us
you'll wonder why some people aren't languishing in jail right now. Let's be honest with ourselves and stop all the drama we're doing in this country by being honest with the actual system of government we're practicing grin from there we'll cut out all excess spending like the one they used for this comedy and focus it on a meaningful project. Nigeria is too broke to be playing these expensive games on any level State or federal grin

1 Like

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Kukutente23: 11:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
Hmmmm
APC has finished the judiciary kpatakpata
When I said it that what Ganduje claimed they took to court is differentfrom what the courts ruled on, some folks did not understand the import of that statement.
Here you have it now. Judgement contradicting itself, declaring both nnpp and apc winners.
Who go com settle this matter now
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by fergie001: 11:40pm On Nov 21, 2023
garfield1:
Oga,give me the entire copy make I follow peruse.i am bored
This is a serious and monumental error. All the grounds were resolved in favour of APC until the last page.

-Kabir was disqualified
-the 160k ballots issue was resolved in favour of APC.

So the last page is strange.
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 11:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
fergie001:

This is a serious and monumental error. All the grounds were resolved in favour of APC until the last page.

-Kabir was disqualified
-the 160k ballots issue was resolved in favour of APC.

So the last page is strange.

Sir,I still need to see the pdf.i am addicted to court judgments.

Assuming the error is grievous,then the judgment is a nullity and the tribunal ruling subsists.
The removal of the plateau speaker is suspicious
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by fergie001: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
garfield1:

Sir,I still need to see the pdf.i am addicted to court judgments.

Assuming the error is grievous,then the judgment is a nullity and the tribunal ruling subsists.
It is a clerical error and the Court as admitted to it.
The consenting judgements from the other two Judges dismissed the appeal.
The removal of the plateau speaker is suspicious
His case is also coming up at the Appeal Court, so it seems his sack is imminent. They both resigned.

The tribunal sacked the Speaker in September so he is warming to exit.
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
fergie001:

It is a clerical error and the Court as admitted to it.
The consenting judgements from the other two Judges dismissed the appeal.

Their cases are also coming up at the Appeal Court, so it seems their sack is imminent. They both resigned... the Governor asked them to.

The tribunal sacked both the Speaker and the Deputy in September so they are warming to exit. They are lackeys to the Governor so they know what's coming.

And this adumein is going to supreme? I think this will earn him a minus rating.dawodu should have written it.

I now understand.you mean all pdp assembly members from the south were sacked? He could have gotten a willing apc member to defect to pdp not someone from his zone.the new speaker must be popular to have won...

The election of osita ngwu is bringing ripples.it should have gone to lp members notably victor umeh,tony nwoye,the Edo guy.akpabio didn't handle it well
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by fergie001: 12:09am On Nov 22, 2023
garfield1:
And this adumein is going to supreme? I think this will earn him a minus rating.dawodu should have written it.
Should be a big minus tbh. He will be the first Bayelsan from the Bayelsa High Court to head to the SC.
I don't expect this kind of things from senior judges.

Even Elfreda isn't better. She sacked some members but allowed rerun for Mwadkwon & Agah. Why?
The stronger judges were shut out, perhaps for certain reasons.

I now understand.you mean all pdp assembly members from the south were sacked? He could have gotten a willing apc member to defect to pdp not someone from his zone.the new speaker must be popular to have won...
I think this one is YPP or so.

The election of osita ngwu is bringing ripples.it should have gone to lp members notably victor umeh,tony nwoye,the Edo guy.akpabio didn't handle it well
These ones are combative.
Tony Nwoye Kee, I remember his time as NANS President.
Akpabio wants someone he can control..
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Artscollection: 12:13am On Nov 22, 2023
I don't want to believe this is true honestly.
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 12:19am On Nov 22, 2023
fergie001:

Should be a big minus tbh. He will be the first Bayelsan from the Bayelsa High Court to head to the SC.
I don't expect this kind of things from senior judges.

Even Elfreda isn't better. She sacked some members but allowed rerun for Mwadkwon & Agah. Why?
The stronger judges were shut out, perhaps for certain reasons.

I think this one is YPP or so.

These ones are combative.
Tony Nwoye Kee, I remember his time as NANS President.
Akpabio wants someone he can control..

I still haven't seen the PDF copy..
Biowele should benefit though I prefer oho or obaseki.

The court also sacked members of pdp members from 5 other constituencies leaving 9 members.it means apc is majority with 13 members.pdp members who survived from the south in Quan pan,langtang south,langtang north should have been speaker...

Yes,umeh and nwoye are too erratic, outspoken and uncontrollable.even abaribe
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by fergie001: 12:33am On Nov 22, 2023
garfield1:
I still haven't seen the PDF copy..
https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/21/document-how-court-appeal-set-aside-tribunal-ruling-which-sacked-kano-governor-kabir?fbclid=IwAR1J6uX6-qubDMZRo_Ls6cbTjQDAzCnJe3xzG9SZOx3H4yJQ5fpnH1kLtQs#google_vignette

Biobele should benefit though I prefer oho or obaseki.
Biobele is good too, his twin is VC UNIPORT

That's why I told you that the stronger judges were exempted.
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by garfield1: 12:40am On Nov 22, 2023
fergie001:

https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/21/document-how-court-appeal-set-aside-tribunal-ruling-which-sacked-kano-governor-kabir?fbclid=IwAR1J6uX6-qubDMZRo_Ls6cbTjQDAzCnJe3xzG9SZOx3H4yJQ5fpnH1kLtQs#google_vignette

Biobele is good too, his twin is VC UNIPORT

That's why I told you that the stronger judges were exempted.

The njc secretary denied that list recently.

The wike faction of rha has started sitting
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by ValarDoharis: 2:36am On Nov 22, 2023
It is not an error. They already wrote it
garfield1:

1 Like

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by slimfit1(m): 5:31am On Nov 22, 2023
If you think that you will get investors with thsse injustices you are joking. Can you imagine a certificate forger want to investors. Most look at your moral standards before they come.
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Christistruth03: 5:56am On Nov 22, 2023
Bari22:

garfield1:

Judgement that was even read out in Court?

They should recheck their court notes and correct it
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by donproject2(m): 5:59am On Nov 22, 2023
Most of the counsels are Yorubas, both for appellant and 1st respondents...
Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Prigidypogodo(f): 6:12am On Nov 22, 2023
Racoon:
shocked This is the criminal merchandise the judiciary has been reduced to under this dispensation if truly this is the CTC of the Kano election petition tribunal

Well, the truth is, in this year’s presidential election, the ruling party, its candidate and allies did their arithmetic, cashrithmetic and thuggerithmetic. And not a few will swear that the outcome was decided in advance.
the same thing they did with LP in PEPT

1 Like

Re: Copy Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election, Awards N1m by Prigidypogodo(f): 6:15am On Nov 22, 2023
Beremx:
Ganduje is guilty of this. No wonder he was boasting about the judgement by the court of appeal. I hope the supreme court will deliver the justice Kano people deserve
same supreme court where Alariwo abi Okoro dey?
these people have captured the judiciary
the earlier Nigerians realized that their salvation rest within them the better for them.
I expect Abba Yusuf to circulate this judgment in kano and mobilize his people for protest.
they now have a better ground for protest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Try This;the Musa Ya'adua Series / President Goodluck Jonathana Visit To Anambra State / Pdp Presidential Primaries (jonathan & Atiku's Speech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.