Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM (2836 Views)

Nigeria Signs Mou With Daewoo Engineering For 10,000 MW Of Electricty / Nigeria Signs $4.5 Billion Refineries Deal With Vulcan Petroleum / China And Russia Quit Dollar For Bilateral Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Beaf: 6:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Nigeria wins pact for bilateral trade council [/size]
by: Amanda O'Brien
October 29, 201112:00AM

NIGERIA'S huge presence at CHOGM has paid off handsomely, with Julia Gillard announcing plans to strengthen ties with the African nation by creating a bilateral trade council.

The 120-strong Nigerian delegation -- one of the biggest at the meeting -- has been promoting the nation's mining and investment opportunities all week, touting for investors and miners to help unlock its mineral wealth.

After meetings between Ms Gillard and Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, Trade Minister Craig Emerson and his Nigerian counterpart, Olusegun Aganga, it was agreed to establish an Australia-Nigeria Trade and Investment Council, with a charter to identify and develop new business opportunities.

Dr Emerson told The Weekend Australian the relationship was "still embryonic" but there was great scope for both countries to increase their links.

The council would open doors for Australian companies interested in doing business in Nigeria, and vice versa.

"Basically, it's about Australia stepping up its engagement with Africa, and particularly with this large and rapidly growing African nation," he said.

The two trade ministers will be patrons of the council, giving it added influence.

With Nigeria keen to get coal, iron ore, gold and other mining growing, Dr Emerson said it made sense for Australia, with its mining expertise, to work with the nation.

Nigeria is Australia's second-largest trading partner in Africa, but the relationship is built on oil. Australia imported $1.3 billion worth of Nigerian oil last year, but little else. Nigeria imports goods worth less than $40m a year from Australia, mainly plastics.

The council will be co-chaired by First Charnock Australia chief executive Hugh Morgan and Diamond Group advisory board chairman Pascal Dozie, with secretariats in Perth and Lagos.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/nigeria-wins-pact-for-bilateral-trade-council/story-fnapmixa-1226179985695
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Beaf: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
Our new foreign policy targetted at trade is showing early promise of yeilding good results for our development.
I'm happy at the solid minerals thrust Nigeria has at CHOGM. It means that for once, the trip was actually planned, with set goal and targets to be acheived.
Nice.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
Definitely paid off well when our president couldnt attend and was caught diiick in hand begging for sex all over Australia

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/chogm-delegate-sidelined-over-sex-harassment-complaint/story-e6frg13u-1226179789868
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Ibime(m): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
We're tired of MOU's, pacts and bla bla bla. Its time to turn rhetoric into results.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by TomFord: 6:46pm On Oct 28, 2011
I still don't get what's stopping the mining sector from been as profitable as those of australia,canada,s/africa and we having world class companies like rio tinto,sasol etc
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
I pray o ,Na today ?
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by bedane: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Dayokanu get a life. if you are frustrated take your anger elsewhere. the fact that you are faceless behind a computer does not give you the right to accuse the president wrongly.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by MrGlobe(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
lmaoo. Obviously the too much nagativity and ridicule from the Nigerian government is overwhelming on the government so this is a kinda media repair from a puppet they planted here. Dont believe a pinch from this. Watch how any trace of this pact will vanish by next week
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Rhino5dm: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2011
He is not faceless. FYI, he is Daniel Kanu younger brother. Just that he is out reach far away in USA as a citizen. Can you dare reach on Americans? Oh! I see predator drones buzzling around. Am afraid. . .Dont want to die. grin grin grin

Muhehe!

bedane:

@ Dayokanu get a life. if you are frustrated take your anger elsewhere. the fact that you are faceless behind a computer does not give you the right to accuse the president wrongly.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
NIGERIA'S huge presence at CHOGM has paid off handsomely, with Julia Gillard announcing plans to strengthen ties with the African nation by creating a bilateral trade council.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

whey my gej head palm
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
bedane:

me what you workin with , me what you workin with , [size=18pt]I came here(Australia) with my diiickkkk in my hand[/size] , make me leave here with my foot in yo' Bottom; be cool , They don't bleep with me and they don't , list, and Donna for my babooski

Mystika ft Retardeen in Shake it fast
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by tlops(m): 7:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
pissed off.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by realchange: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Definitely paid off well when [b]our president couldnt attend and was caught diiick in hand begging for sex [/b]all over Australia

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/chogm-delegate-sidelined-over-sex-harassment-complaint/story-e6frg13u-1226179789868

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Nigerians are hilarious
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Sunofgod(m): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
Who knows whether or not these ba.stards have sold our ancestoral land.

, . . . .they've been touting Nigeria.

Time will tell what further damege they've done.

People in my town have been warned that if they discover any minerals or natural resources they are to keep their mouths shut!
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by 1025: 8:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
The 120-strong Nigerian delegation

i hope the next time we have a trip, we will have like 5,000 delegates.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Akanbiedu(m): 12:01am On Oct 29, 2011
Sun of god:

Who knows whether or not these ba.stards have sold our ancestoral land.

, . . . .they've been touting Nigeria.

Time will tell what further damege they've done.

People in my town have been warned that if they discover any minerals or natural resources they are to keep their mouths shut!

Wise. unlike those kwara people.
Re: Nigeria Signs Bilateral Trade Pact At CHOGM by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2011
GoodLuck looked Good yesterday. I love the way he walks. kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Uber Promo Code To Get #2000 / Start Popcorn Business Today And Be Self Employed / What Is A National Insurance Number And How Does One Get It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.