Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 (6441 Views)

Tinubu signs bill raising High Court Judges retirement age to 70 / Buhari Signs Bill On Financial Autonomy Of State Legislature, Judiciary / Ganduje Breaks Kano Emirate Into Five, Signs Bill Into Law (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by tfelicityk(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2023
This is good news for the teachers imo state
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Jonjam269: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2023
Deluded obidots have taken wailing and gnashing of teeth as a career. What a pity!
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by nevplus(m): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2023
Vanenihsp:
Vanenih Spa and Salon is situated in a Serene location in Lokoja,Kogi state.We are the best for massage sessions,deep tissue massage, pedicure, manicure and lots more..Our services are affordable and we assure you of leaving our conducive premises beaming with smile 😁

#Lokoja
#Best
Where in lkj
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by ChristianMuslim: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2023
Hope for all Igbos..Hope for better ibo men and women
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by olaolulazio(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2023
Ezemarcel:
]just imagine a clueless government.. What impacts will a teacher of 65years old add to the students..

I remembered how we suffered in the hands of old professors...
If he had reduced it, una go still wail....
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by mascot87(m): 8:47am On Nov 23, 2023
Ezemarcel:
]just imagine a clueless government.. What impacts will a teacher of 65years old add to the students..

Speak for yourself dude. You and who suffered in the hands of old professors. Just say you hate Uzodima because he is APC and stop hiding under cluelessness
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Lexusgs430: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2023
This is actually bad news ........ Why would you expect them to attain the age of 65, before they can claim their pension...........
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2023
tfelicityk:
This is good news for the teachers imo state

It's actually bad news .......
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Chekwume16(m): 9:01am On Nov 23, 2023
You be real ode. To you everything is politics no matter how good the intentions are. Any reasonable person should applaud this. I dislike the governor because I believehe did not win a free and fair election and he is a violent person but then this is commendable.
Ezemarcel:

Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by jrusky(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2023
So to all of you shouting at 65 years they are too old with nothing to offer and when I tracked you all you are the same people who claimed Gringory Obi bitch is a youth at 64 years but teachers at 65 are useless ba?

Let me just keep quiet this morning because if I say what I'm thinking you all won't like yourselves.

Hope Uzo you do well at least you keep to your promise but pls make sure their pension not delay . Thanks.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Ezemarcel(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2023
Chekwume16:
You be real ode. To you everything is politics no matter how good the intentions are. Any reasonable person should applaud this. I dislike the governor because I believehe did not win a free and fair election and he is a violent person but then this is commendable.
your papa ode
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Apus: 9:10am On Nov 23, 2023
thesicilian:
The best way to help teachers over the age of 60 is to retire them immediately and employ their children (the young graduates). This way the old men and women get to rest while the young vibrant ones with fresh ideas lead the nation forward. It's a win-win for the society

Exactly.
Your head dey there.
There is serious skill gap in the teaching service.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by SoaringLife01: 9:13am On Nov 23, 2023
This is uncalled for.Most Nigerian governors are wicked towards teachers who taught in government schools.Primary school teachers are the worst hit by this wickedness.
Someone will serve the government vis-a-vis teaching for at least 25 years and after retirement they will be begging the government for their gratuity/pension.
Now Imo State has increased the retirement bar to 65 years, all to increase the suffering of the poor teachers after retirement.They will now be begging for their gratuity/pension when they are in their 70s.How many of them will truly enjoy the gratuity at 70s?
Don't get it twisted , I am not a teacher. I am just a concerned Nigerian who want the best for all and sundry in our country.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by SoNature(m): 9:14am On Nov 23, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
While politicians can retire at 120years!....one of my lecture back then in the University is over 70 and he thought far more better than the younger ones. Infact Professor Ngwu, Ani, Enemuo, Nkokelonye, and Ifelumni were all in there 70's and are the best

No wonder they taught you nonsense because you don't even know the difference between taught and thought. You don't know the disparity between their and there either. A man of over 70 years has no business being in the classroom.

Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by NaijaCover(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by soccerlite: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2023
With high unemployment, and numerous age falsification you are increasing service year for public servants

Oloshi

Failure looking for cheap glorification

Animal
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Bluntemperor: 10:07am On Nov 23, 2023
Ezemarcel:

So, you can't see his good intentions because of your hatred towards this governor?
Anyway,it's a good one from Hope and even Nationally,the Service years and age of Workers are being increased in the Tertiary Institutions!
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Ashirioluwa: 10:08am On Nov 23, 2023
Increase their salary and pay them in timely manner if you really want to motivate them.

Motivate the pensioners by paying all the areas.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Mhizzard(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2023
Imagine gaining teaching job in one's early 30s at which he/she retirement would be in his/her mid-90s
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by TheMostComplex1: 10:44am On Nov 23, 2023
Wicked government
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Vanenihsp: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2023
nevplus:

Where in lkj
. It's opposite Kogi State Deputy Gov's office,G.R.A

Phone number is 07032324023.

We will be delighted to see you.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by dododawa1: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2023
When will

YOUTH be

Leaders of

Tomorrow.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by wunmi590(m): 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2023

Oga is too much, let them retire early so that they won't go and faint in class while teaching, teaching is not easy...

They shooed retire early, so that the young once can take over as soon as possible..
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by eazzzy1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
There should be nothing like retirement age. In western word that would be termed age discrimination. People retire when they want to unless they show sign of senility or their age impairs their ability to work.

Entrepreneurs, General overseers and politicians can work into their 80’s but civil servants should be thrown out after 35 years of service. I know someone who was retired at 55 from CBN, he went to Canada, did a masters, he’s now a vp at one of the big 5 banks at age 63.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by delvzy(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2023
How is this a reasonable decision? Hope no wan tell Imolites how hopeless his second tenure is going to be.
People of Imo need to start questioning the government, especially on the pension funds and other gratuities. How will someone work for donkey years and not have access to a befitting retirement?
The youthful population is just wasting up and down.
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Aboladey01(m): 12:55am On Nov 24, 2023
So Una Go Fit Sit On Their Pensions Ahbi... Nice Move 😂😂😂
Re: Governor Hope Uzodimma Signs Bill Extending Teachers’ Retirement Age To 65 by Donmaro5: 7:01am On Nov 24, 2023
Bad innovations come to think of it why do footballer retire early?

Police Detectives Storm The Nation's Office & Arrest Four Editors / N74bn Not Enough For Amnesty Programme- Dokubo Asari / Father Mbaka Identifies Key Suspects In Plot To Kill Buhari