Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,525 members, 7,854,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

Former Lagos Gubernatorial Aspirant Tasks Lagos Government On Budgets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Lagos Gubernatorial Aspirant Tasks Lagos Government On Budgets (107 Views)

Truck Runs Into Edo Gubernatorial Aspirant, Barr. Asue Ighodalo’s Car / Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies / Lagos Government Brought Foodstuff To My Doorstep.. Have You Gotten Your Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Lagos Gubernatorial Aspirant Tasks Lagos Government On Budgets by Oluchi54: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2023
Former gubernatorial aspirant of the African Democratic Congress, Funso Doherty has praised the effort of the Lagos state government to address the controversies surrounding the outrageous budgets and procurement undertaken by the Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration.

Doherty however believes that the state government ought to have also appropriately reviewed the Public Procurement Document before making it available to the public.

On the subject of Lagos State government being unresponsive to the people’s demand for transparency in procurement awards, Doherty was in the affirmative.

“There are some truths to that and we should always push the envelope in terms of holding the feet of the government and its agencies, not just to put out information (but) where there are gaps to insist that they do the right thing.

“I think that’s the spirit actually of this work that we have done – to say that when people know that there is a searchlight on them, they sit up and act differently,” Doherty told Channels Television.

“And I think I learned it like any other citizen could have done it and maybe I have the profile of being a politician so it gave it whims in a sense.

“The way it has caught on, this particular tweet (calling for transparency) has got 7 1/2 million tweets and I don’t know any tweet has that kind of response so it tells you that it touched a nerve that people have.

To read more, click on the link below
https://www.primebusiness.africa/former-lagos-gubernatorial-aspirant-tasks-lagos-government-on-budgets-procurement-awards/
Re: Former Lagos Gubernatorial Aspirant Tasks Lagos Government On Budgets by Jimkuti: 11:39am On Nov 23, 2023
We are in for a long thing until a revolution in this country. The worst we can do now is wail. These guys don't send nobody

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks 11 PDP Lawmakers In Plateau State House Of Assembly / BREAKING: Kaduna State Governor Flagged Off Construction Of Vacational And Skill / FCT: Wike Presents N61.5 Billion 2023 Supplementary Budget To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.