Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing (5781 Views)

Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) / Secondus: PDP May Boycott 2023 Polls Without Electoral Reforms / NASS Approves President Buhari's Demands On Electoral Act (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Ttipsy(f): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2023
Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by abobote: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2023
Nothing good can ever come out from this national assembly
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Vlibray: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2023
A town hall, different from ….

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by MEGAWATCH: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Move in the right direction!

INEC needs to consolidate on the outstanding performance of the 2023 election.

Revisiting lessons learnt and discussing best practices and innovation!

I strongly believe with time, the US electoral commission will have a lot to learn from INEC!

INEC is raising the standards and benchmark!

The day power will leave you people I will remind you about this statement just like we are reminding many mumu PDP people who were decieving themselves years back.
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by DOM7: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2023
* Finish all cases before swearing in
*Independent candidate
* A law on interlopers, party affairs should not be challenged by another party members
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Blaze14k: 11:36am On Nov 28, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

That's it.

Some stay on the fence and continued looking.

Others got tired of the whole thing.
Others left Naija and stopped minding.
Others got frustrated.

But some others continued hoping that the system will get better.

I think you are being a little bias
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by DesChyko: 11:37am On Nov 28, 2023
I think the first and foremost thing is to clarify the role of the Courts in elections. In Nigeria, the courts are more powerful than the election exercise itself. In summary, they are more powerful than INEC essentially.

Next is to formalise the supremacy of INEC Guidelines and Regulations over Electoral Acts. Why? Those Guidelines are made in line with current realities. Electoral Acts can easily become obsolete once a better technology comes onboard.

We became the laughing stock of the world when iREV which guarantees real time updates was relegated to the background of the elections. Technology drives transparency in today's affairs. For us, we had a glitch that can best be described as comical.

That in itself, defined 2023 elections as an electoral heist.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by onuman: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2023
After you jettisoned Electoral Act of 2022 and returned APC to power fraudulently, you start another Electoral reform.

Mad country.
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Tradman: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Meanwhile,, please try and be there at the Town-hall..

It's definitely going to be a DIFFERENT type of Town-hall.!!
town hall different from balablue
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by onuman: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

That's it.

Some stay on the fence and continued looking.

Others got tired of the whole thing.
Others left Naija and stopped minding.
Others got frustrated.

But some others continued hoping that the system will get better.
You will go on and on like this in Nigeria until the country implodes.
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by waveman2: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2023
What is the use of the town hall lecture when they act as democrats before election and go back to default mode during elections.we as nigerian people are the main cause of our problem,who are the people that do all this manipulations in inec are they not nigerians,who are those in the judiciary that are being bought are they not nigerian,who are the military and para military people are they not nigerians,who are the agberos are they not nigerians,who are those that collect bribe during voting are they not nigerians,who are those that snatch and run with ballot boxes are they not nigerians,is it the politicians that come to the polling units or collation centers on election day to do all these things.Until we change ourself nigeria can never get it right.
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Godstiger(m): 11:55am On Nov 28, 2023
That's all there is,cheap talks
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by BluntCrazeMan: 11:57am On Nov 28, 2023
Vlibray:
A town hall, different from ….
Haahahahahaaaahaaaaa..

How Time Flies.!!
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by BluntCrazeMan: 11:59am On Nov 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

I think you are being a little bias

I would like to know..

Where is the Bias?
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by BluntCrazeMan: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
onuman:

You will go on and on like this in Nigeria until the country implodes.
Until the implosion....

But for now,, we better be doing a struggling.
We cannot just sit and look
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Chetas81(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by savcy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
Any amendment that doesn't change the provisions of the 1999 constitution (as amended) is a ruse. That's where the law courts always resort to. That's where the changes has to start. Any attempt at cosmetic change should be shunned, because it's not legally binding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by BluntCrazeMan: 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Toks2008:
Mad people

BALDADASH.

I think you should go and take up a career in comedy.

Not after billions were spent on BVAS and people were sensitized to go register believing our votes will count. I know how many people i even begged and induced just to go register and after all the reforms what happened?

Maybe after the criminal we have in Aso rock is done with his 8 years IF GOD ALLOWS,perhaps we will be having this conversation.

On that election day,, I bought N250,000 worth of food and shared.
E no even do the people that came.
But the joy I had that day was worth it.

They stole our mandate.
But it didn't deter me.

I will definitely vote again.
And I wouldn't want this same system to be in place by the next election,, else I won't vote.

But I really want to vote again.

So, this is me trying to really give myself a true reason to vote again.

I don't want to boycott any elections again.
I've already boycotted enough in the past,, and it didn't help.
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by lincontee(m): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
Fully Independent and Neutrality of INEC
Continuous Voters Registrations
Electronic Voting optional for Physical Voting
Electronic Transmission Of Live Results
And many more
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Phantom233: 1:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
Stupid and useless people. What happened to the resolutions and recomendation that were made by the various stakeholders after the national confab was held by goodluck Johnathan in 2014?
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Mosba: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
"2. Mode of appointment of the INEC chairman and commissioners"

This one to me is the most delicate one o. Giving the power to appoint electoral officers to other functionary makes the institution or whatever the new cabal that could be influenced to make another set of questionable appointments and when the ruling party lost election, the president may not be willing to concede defeat because of that. you know what that means? military takeover!
GEJ conceded defeat back in 2015 because his party appointed the INEC officials oo. Imagine Jega was appointed by another institution GEJ doesn't trust, it won't go so easy o
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by tnerro1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Waste of time
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by AbuTwins: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Na this kind action we want!

Not all those demonstration of pessimism about anything Nigeria!
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by Zeebuy: 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

I strongly believe with time, the US electoral commission will have a lot to learn from INEC!

You're a shameless thing.

May heaven, fate, destiny and any God you believe in rue your life the way INEC cheated this nation
Re: National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing by harrypetty(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

If this is not sarcasm, I wonder what it is

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan / Breaking News: Portharcourt In Turmoil Ikwerre Rd A Ghost Town Now / Nigeria Detained Children As Young As Five Over Boko Haram Links - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.