Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees (34354 Views)

Can An Employer Be Sued For Paying Less Than 30k Minimum Wage? / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Workplace Criminality – Can An Employer Fire An Employee Over A Case In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Hamachi(f): 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
[11/23, 10:31 PM] Good evening ma

An employer sent the above message to his employees, please advise if you received same message from your employers

Povided the following details:

1. Personal Email ID
2. NIN
3. Mobile 1
4. Mobile 2 (if you have one)

There is a new mandate for payroll processing by Ministry of Interior which requires these details. Failure to provide this information will result in unpaid salaries whilst the company will be fined. Please note that NIN is issued by FGN for the purpose of identification. It is not confidential or a proprietary that that belongs to "YOU" the individual. Providing this to your employer as required is mandatory, you may verify the circular (from Ministry of Interior) with Faith for your comfort.

*Please comply immediately and avoid the embarrassment to yourselves.*

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by DesChyko: 5:15am On Nov 24, 2023
I'm not sure if the message is from Federal Government, but it is normal that your workplace should have your NIN, for identification purposes. If I'm to take a wild guess, they probably want to create tax IDs for them.

Our concern is just that we do not really do much by the way of data security.

odemeetu1:
At my work place, with the little 60k one is earning my employer said we have to start paying Tax to lagos state government

How much might be 60k tax
60k per month means 720k per year. That means you will pay 72k per year. Here's the breakdown of the bands.

On the first 300k, you will pay 7% tax which is 21k.
On the next 300k, you will pay 11% tax which is 33k.
That remains 120k and you will pay 15% tax which is 18k.
The total is 72k.

Putting this here for possible corrections from people with better insight.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Error401: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
me no know this one
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by STEWpid(f): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
Chai..

You know in Nigeria, some people are criminals.

So, the thought of "what does he or she needs my NIN for?" Is the first thing that will come to mind even when the Ministry involved is clearly stated and for confirmation.

1 Like

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Akerele44(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
☺️
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by FalseProphet1(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
As a prophet, these kinds of messages do not concern me. As long as tithes are coming in regularly, I would be fine.

This I have seen

26 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by kelechiodo(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
Ok. Data for taxation.

1 Like

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by obazo1: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
It is necessary
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Lukuluku69(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
Nothing strange here but how secure are these Data with the Employees?

7 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by luminouz(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
Minister of Interior dey coordinate private businesses ni?

Or someone hacked your employers WhatsApp or email and is using it to wreak havoc.

You don't work in a bank, state or federal parastatal and you think it's not fake?

Even with those I listed, do proper diligence before submitting your details.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by odemeetu1: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2023
At my work place, with the little 60k one is earning my employer said we have to start paying Tax to lagos state government

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by TempUser: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
angry na only bvn remain... soon enough a disgruntled employee might make an excel file of the information to form a recon on you all... However, you have no choice if it's a legit directive than to comply.

1 Like

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Popeonah(m): 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
Time to pay tax to these thieves, inside low payment, high cost of living and bad government, now na to pay taxes after stealing what you should have use to pay them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by CHIOMAEZEH: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
As Nigeria Na daily crime scene...everything is always suspicious ....go to your HR department and confirm the message was from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1wOu-yXo7o

2 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Ehins22(m): 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
sad
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2023
What if me that works for myself?
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Kobicove(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2023
I don't think there is anything out of the ordinary here, your employer has a right to request this info undecided
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Kobicove(m): 11:21am On Nov 24, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
As Nigeria Na daily broke scene...everything is always suspicious ....go to your HR department and confirm the message was from them
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by esere826: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2023
[quote author=Hamachi post=127133711][/quote]

There is nothing wrong in providing these details.
You can create an alternative email address (ID), as well as register an alternative phone number to provide to your employer if you wish.

3 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by AbuTwins: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
cool of
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by mascot87(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
This is for slave workers
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Kobicove(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
As Nigeria Na daily broke scene...everything is always suspicious ....go to your HR department and confirm the message was from them

Nigerians are now paranoid grin

3 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by AwokenVawulence: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2023
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by cigaricon(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2023
Nothing wrong here. Normal due process

2 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Iko5000: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2023
why would an offcial email have the below
*Please comply immediately and avoid the embarrassment to yourselves.*

Anyway did the message come from your company offical email , ignore if it's text or mobile , this information should only come from official email or Intranet apps in your place of work and not outside .

[quote author=Hamachi post=127133711][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Authoreety: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2023
[quote author=shielaAhmed post=127140030]Read the last line of your write up again. Don’t embarrass yourself the same way your president embarrassed himself in Germany by walking helplessly.

Guy rest... Apart from the facts abt hhis past, the man dey try for governance

1 Like

Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by ednut1(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2023
odemeetu1:

10k to 11k
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by bigdammyj: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2023
Reading...
Re: An Employer Sent The Above Message To His Employees by Nwaokunkpara: 11:29am On Nov 24, 2023
The ministry of information has more to do to sensitize Nigerians with which information out there is true or not

But things doesn't work normal in this country so what do I know

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Collected $30m For Helping Gov’t Recover $300m – Afe Babalola / What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? / Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.