Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen (7369 Views)

My Laptop Is ON But The Screen Is Blank! / The Screen Of My Laptop Went Blank, Pls Help. / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by methodman(m): 9:40pm On Sep 14, 2007
Hello Fellow Nairalanders, cry angry angry angry

A friend of mine broke the screen of my laptop.
Can I still find a solution to it?

Model: Fujitsui Siemens, AMilo Pro, Celeron M,

Please i need suggestions.
Thanks.
08077824942 08028724488
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Seun(m): 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2007
You need a new screen. Once you get it, a technician can install it for you easily.
Suggestion: Just take your laptop to Computer Village and ask around for the 'laptop engineers'.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by methodman(m): 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2007
I do not know the price range and i have never been to computer village before.
Any assistance, angry angry cry cry
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by UNLEASHED(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2007
Seun don render his assistance, i think, so??
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by A40(m): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2007
Im don buy market o! as the igbo's would say
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by richylaw(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2007
A fairly used screen ranges between 20-30k but be watchful of some funny bad hands at computer village
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by spaceworld: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2007
Go to Balogtech inside computer village, You will get the very best from them, or direct you to one of their technician that fix such problem
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by rufaai(m): 1:11am On Sep 15, 2007
shocked - He/she could Sit on your Laptop, Brake your screen but can't help you through repairing it undecided

Too Bad angry

I am in Sokoto. So, I dont know how I could be of help since we dont have any computer ville arround here. Dump it and buy another one grin
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by naijafan(m): 3:15am On Sep 15, 2007
lol. seun, u forgot to say if one takes a laptop to CV and starts lookin for 'laptop engineers', its as good as saying bye bye to the laptop itself.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by naija4laif: 4:38am On Sep 15, 2007
just get a new labtop, coz the money you would use in repairing it you could use it to get a new one
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by tundewoods(m): 5:59am On Sep 15, 2007
@ Methodman,

Its quite a pity that a friend of yours had to mistakenly sit on your laptop(my goodness is it so slim or what ?)

However their are issues you must consider before you embark on the rigorous journey to search for a new screen.

First of all is the laptop new or fairly used ?
If new yes,it might be worth changing but if a used one my brother its certainly not worth it due to the estimated cost for any screen is 20K and above.

How recent is the laptop in terms of manufacturing date ?
If it was manufactured very recently(2006/7)you may have and issue finding it the market and if at all you do find it,brother the price going to be hign,however give it a shot if not you may have to order from fijitsu website.

Are you satisfied with the current perfomance ?
Your laptop is a celeron,i don't know how you access its perfomance? however if you are ok with it then their is no problem you can go ahead,personally i don't really feel comfortable using celeron due to my application workload.However if you feel that you need to step up then you can opt for a new one and this time around an Intel Pentium M or centrino but please avoid the so called dual core processors(just hyped)

In conclusion ,the best bet is to place an order from the figitsu website
Click here to visit the FIGITSU SIEMENS support website
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/index.html

Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by mrofficial(m): 7:05am On Sep 15, 2007
Mine is equivalent. Someone fell on my laptop. How much will it cost me to get the screen?
Dell Latidude|D600
Pentium M
centrino.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by koladz(m): 8:41am On Sep 15, 2007
go to any computer operator that know about engineering ask him to help u but am sure their will be a solution to it,but if no solution u will try an buy another one thank
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by alausa: 12:07pm On Sep 15, 2007
wait,  how did that person do it was he/she sleeping if not the person is an original ota aje, grin you must be watch full if the person did it intentionally; because that person can kill. angry any ways just take it to an engineer and fix another one but that will cost you some money stay cool cool and dont be red hot and mad embarassed
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by ruemu(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2007
@ Poster
For your Fujitsu Amino Pro V series (15.4widesreen) We'll replacement at N35,000
you'll pay delivery expense if you're outside LAGOS

@ Mr Official,
Dell D600 TFT Screen. N29,000
you'll pay delivery expense if you're outside LAGOS

Call: foneware @ 018971119
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by seun001(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2007
chei,go to computer village,dont go with ur computer at first ooo
cos u and u sys fit lost!
find out hw u gonna repair it.dont forget to bring along ownership titles ooo!
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Seun(m): 12:39am On Sep 16, 2007
I support the person that suggested Balogtek. They are pretty well known.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by babadee(m): 1:03am On Sep 16, 2007
as the great Fela will say, pkafuka na quench!
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by MP007(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2007
Go and purchase another one, dont know about repairs to laptops, repairing laptops is almost like paying for brand new
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Sep 16, 2007
But replacing the screen is not such a big deal at all, if you have the money for a new one.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by oybv101: 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2007
i wish you all the best in repairing your screen.
in future DO NOT BUY german products.i'm saying this beacuse in my experience ,their equipment is often incompatible with standard equipment.I hope you will be able to find all the spare parts you require locally.

to everyone else-
don't buy german it products!am not hating on them, but i've been in the incompatibility wilderness. you may find that the simplest accessories-eg serial cable will not work with your siemens laptop- you have to buy the siemens serial cable.

if you have deep pockets and peeps in yankee, i suggest you browse ebay or siemens for the screen, order it, then get it sent down to naija.what i see in pc village are dells, hps, toshibas, acers. i havent seen a fujitsu siemens.

another option-i did my it at siemens nigeria(lagos).back then they had an it repair office. for laptops.you may consider contacting them.i wont lie- it will probably cost u plenty in time and money(maybe not time, if they have the monitors available-though i doubt it)
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2007
Wats with people sitting on laptops and smashing screens? I implore us all to be extra careful with handling our lappies. The last time I experienced something like that was in calabar when my friend gave one sweet "calabar" babe a lift, she sat on it at the back seat of the car, and gblakpakprakagba, Maybe he actually achieved his aim for giving the lift, but that day marked the end of his precious baby. Out!
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by cgift(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2007
Visit Crown Crystal Technologies,
23, Oshifila Street, Off Akinremi STreet, Anifowose, Ikeja.
Tel.: 01-7642850, 4773509, 08054020405
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by bennsul(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2007
hi,
i think it would make more sense and be easy for anyone to help if your location is known, the cost and availability of any product depends on the part of the country you are located in. computer village is in lagos and for crying out loud if you are in kano, just bump it. grin
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by sprezatura(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2007
You all with Laptop issues can call this number, 08023294012, his name is James Olorunfemi Peters, he runs Telekinysis somewhere on V.I. I can vouch for him, his good.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by uche4nna(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2007
your laptop can be fixed,come to 13 ola-ayeni,ikeja,computer village,ask of uche or call 07030696409,for assistance,hold like 25k for the fixing
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by FactorChic(f): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2007
d person yansh heavy o, lmao grin
sorry, I no know anything about computers in Nigeria

what d hell is computer village? I mean where is that?
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 18, 2007
Its not worth it. Might as well sell what's left of the junk to laptop part scavengers (or keep it as a tiny, unupgradeable desktop computer that needs an external LCD to run) and buy a new one. laptop LCD screens are expensive. At the end of the day you'll be doing urself a favor by getting something else.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by ubiaru(f): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2007
Hi, you can go to computer village,we have a shop there at no 1,francis oremeji.we deal on laptop and we dont steal laptop so dont be afraid you would lose it
Ask of komo junior,his no is 08033572864.
take care.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by alexmakaay(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2007
S O R R Y! Go and buy a new one.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Ivvie: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ Methodman

I own a Fujitsu laptop too and it's not worth buying another because they are expensive. They are on the category of IBM computers and they are not sold to the masses. What you are going to do is to have the screen replaced. The screen is the most expensive part of a laptop followed by the processor. Check for a used screen or a broken laptop on eBay. There wil be no soldering involved. It's a flip - hook & screw procedure. There will be no soldering.

Regards,

Ivaie.
Re: Help: Someone Sat On My Laptop And Broke The Screen by Ivvie: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Mr. Official

Your's is a simple case. Simply look for a similar model (broken) and have the necessary part(s) replaced. Everyone has a Dell.

Regards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Unlock Any Java Phone,easy Way / HP 250 Laptop Intel Celeron Dual Core/4gb Ram/320gb — N60k (Giveaway Price) / How To Know If Ur Ip Is Secured & Safe; Usa, Uae(dubai), Uk & Ng Ips As Example

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.