Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

My Experience Buying A Laptop Online - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Experience Buying A Laptop Online (634 Views)

The Worst That Could Happen When Buying A Laptop Online / Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Akosxxx(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
Last week, I bought a laptop online from a popular UK-used computer selling outlet and due to the reviews I have read about them, I paid online too even before the product was delivered.
What a mistake!

The laptop (hp pavilion dv3) was delivered, and to my surprise, a 5th generation core i5 laptop with 4gb RAM can't run Windows 10 even the Windows 8.1 currently installed lags like crazy.

I later asked them if I could add more money for upgrade and get a better laptop but they said NO that they don't do that.

All I wanted was a simple laptop that I can use to learn Data Analytics and my hopes has just been dashed. I'm just blank right now ☹️

Please do proper deligence if you must buy laptops online, check or ask for anything and everything before you pay o 🧏

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2023
Akosxxx:
Last week, I bought a laptop online from a popular UK-used computer selling outlet and due to the reviews I have read about them, I paid online too even before the product was delivered.
What a mistake!

The laptop (hp pavilion dv3) was delivered, and to my surprise, a 5th generation core i5 laptop with 4gb RAM can't run Windows 10 even the Windows 8.1 currently installed lags like crazy.

I later asked them if I could add more money for upgrade and get a better laptop but they said NO that they don't do that.

All I wanted was a simple laptop that I can use to learn Data Analytics and my hopes has just been dashed. I'm just blank right now ☹️

Please do proper deligence if you must buy laptops online, check or ask for anything and everything before you pay o 🧏
Stupid naija yahoo technicians don temper with am
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Akosxxx(m): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
4KNGOATS:

Stupid naija yahoo technicians don temper with am

It was an eye sore.
e shock me no be small
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by obiekunie01: 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
u no tell us the name of the shop weda online or offline

and you no tell us how much you buy am!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Akosxxx(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
I already pointed out that it was an online outlet.
I can't mention the name of the store & how much coz that's not the essence of this post.

I put this post out there to inform people so they won't make the mistake I made. Shikena

obiekunie01:
u no tell us the name of the shop weda online or offline

and you no tell us how much you buy am!
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by sunkieisland(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
Help us with the online vendor name so that people won't make the same mistake. Also leave a negative review about the vendor on their website and socials to register your displeasure with their substandard laptop....

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
How much was the laptop?
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Karleb(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
4gb of ram is too small.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Johnchrix(m): 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Upgrade the ram to 8gb it'll stop lagging
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by chariisGRACE(m): 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2023
The Laptop I am currently using is a Dell 3540, Core i5, 4th Gen, 8GB RAM.
90k.

My previous experience was a HP Pavilion. I hate that series, mehn!
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by KushLyon(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hmmm, something is definitely wrong with it. I have a HP probook with 4gb Ram and corei5 3rd generation, it runs windows 10 pro very smoothly and I use it to code, graphics design using photoshop and illustrator and also simple video editing with premier pro. I even use it to play games like call of duty! I'm surprised seeing a 4gb Ram laptop lagging on windows 8, na wa

PS: I have been using it for over a year and it still runs smoothly
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Akosxxx(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
Karleb:
4gb of ram is too small.

4gb RAM is too small for the windows 8 abi windows 10?
I'd like to know please
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by JoshuaAkinmi(m): 3:23am On Nov 28, 2023
KushLyon:
Hmmm, something is definitely wrong with it. I have a HP probook with 4gb Ram and corei5 3rd generation, it runs windows 10 pro very smoothly and I use it to code, graphics design using photoshop and illustrator and also simple video editing with premier pro. I even use it to play games like call of duty! I'm surprised seeing a 4gb Ram laptop lagging on windows 8, na wa

PS: I have been using it for over a year and it still runs smoothly
. I am interested. Can u tell me the model number of the laptop I am a laptop vendor so I can get something similar
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by KushLyon(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2023
JoshuaAkinmi:
. I am interested. Can u tell me the model number of the laptop I am a laptop vendor so I can get something similar

Probook 6470b
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Pennywise2: 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
JoshuaAkinmi:
i have used such ProBook. It works very well. At 4g ram. Unfortunately, my in-laws collected it. Had to buy another different one
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Mandem2: 7:13am On Nov 29, 2023
Akosxxx:
What a mistake!

Can you share the price you bought it for so that we can possibly learn more about what we buy based on how much it cost?
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by udemzyudex(m): 10:05am On Nov 29, 2023
A complain post where I'll be the one asking you for important information to me is always considered as a fake post.

I don't care how genuine it is to you but to me it is a clout chasing post.

The vendor don't have a name, and address or you don't have proof of payment?
How do you expect us to take this seriously?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by JoshuaAkinmi(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
udemzyudex:
A complain post where I'll be the one asking you for important information to me is always considered as a fake post.

I don't care how genuine it is to you but to me it is a clout chasing post.

The vendor don't have a name, and address or you don't have proof of payment?
How do you expect us to take this seriously?
Seems the guy is a content creator. He his only looking for attention. Everything he said na First class balant lies

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by Akosxxx(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
JoshuaAkinmi:

Seems the guy is a content creator. He his only looking for attention. Everything he said na First class balant lies

Content creator for my website or video that your clicks will give me money abi?

People that ll learn from my experience have done that and many more will. Shikena
Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by geewean(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2023
Its highly irrational for you to call out an online vendor for a dubious shady deal and refuse to mention their name.

Two things are possible: You are actually encouraging them to show naive people shege or you need attention.Attention doesn't need to be in material form but the psychology satisfaction that your fictitious story has earned a nairaland front page is orgasmic.

People will start engaging you for advice and through that you might re-route them to that dubious online vendor.

In the absence of a full disclosure, then we might conclude that your message and personality is impaired because its an indicator you might be up to something funny.

E.g :A woman claims she was raped by a man and they ask her who is the man? She refuse to mention the name not like she is scared of him oooo but for malicious reasons only known to her.

In that context na to lock her up inside cell make cell mates fumigate her brain with sense so she will be open and straight forward.

Baba if you can't call out their name with your full chest then you probably MIGHT be a huge fraud.No vex but the bitter truth.

Akosxxx:

Content creator for my website or video that your clicks will give me money abi?

People that ll learn from my experience have done that and many more will. Shikena

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying A Laptop Online by mekuso89(m): 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2023
Upgrade the ram

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Payroll,financials And Hrm Softwares Made In Nigeria - Tested & Trusted / Please Helpme Concerning My Pc / Pleaseeeee I Need Your Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.