Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,787 members, 7,824,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 (20311 Views)

Mende Demolitions: How The Developer Deviated From Approved Plan (Pictures) / Nigerians Warned Against Renting A House In Iyana Oworo, Lagos / This Is How Demolitions Of Super Tall Buildings Are Done! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by SonOfDSoil01: 6:50am On Nov 27, 2023
JohnAOne:
I'm sure if you go further, warnings must have started before 2021, but Nigerians (particularly those people) like to prove stubborn.

If you don't know, get it now: the time of 'anyhow' 'anyhow' life in Lagos (and the South West) is gradually coming to an end.

If you don't like the way we decide to do things in the South West, simply take the next EXIT and go back to you region!

Goan build your "mansions" there.

God continue to bless YORUBALAND!

God bless Nigeria.
grin that advise would be seen as an insult, watch as they will flood your mention now with words like " are you even from lagos" like lagos is in there primitive and backward region. Honestly i have never seen people so obsessed with another mans property shamelessly......deveropers thats cant stay back home and deverop their mud region grin

6 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Chibuzoc(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2023
Organized crime by the zoological government

1 Like

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by shereef19: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2023
Dafresh:

You're a big liar can you swear that those lands wasn't approved

If u don't what to say or ask is better you mute

If those owners of that house have approval or survey or c of o
U think wouldn't have come on air....

How many house in Lagos has C of O

2 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by johnjose68: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2023
bid4rich:
I have a question sir.....

Who sold the land to them?

Can anybody buy land im such area without government

Do they have C of O

If all the above questions have government hand, then, why the demolition?

Thank you sir

Your questions will be answered after the demolition. Stay tuned smiley

3 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by AustineE1: 6:57am On Nov 27, 2023
Why all of a sudden after the flawed elections Lagos now realised that properties in the streets where Igbos dominate has one issue or the other and now the Tinubu led Federal govt has asked the FHA to go to festac and demolish properties there,simply because a certain people has most of the properties there.
I can assure you that Igbos are very tough people and in difficult conditions,they strive better and there is always positivity in every situation. It is now motivating a lot of Lagos Igbos whom use to think that they where at home with the cowardly Yorubas, to now start investing massively back home. I got to Akwa last month and it was a massive construction site,meaning more money and employment for home boys.Thats exactly the way to go.
I am sure Igbos got the message sent by Yoruba authorities and at the appropriate time they will be paid back.

3 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Dafresh: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2023
shereef19:

Guy you can't build house in the city without government approval

1 Like

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Appletek: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2023
Dafresh:

You're a big liar can you swear that those lands wasn't approved

They were not approved. You can not get approval to build on government land.

5 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by johnjose68: 7:00am On Nov 27, 2023
AustineE1:
Why all of a sudden after the flawed elections Lagos now realised that properties in the streets where Igbos dominate has one issue or the other and now the Tinubu led Federal govt has asked the FHA to go to festac and demolish properties there,simply because a certain people has most of the properties there.
I can assure you that Igbos are very tough people and in difficult conditions,they strive better and there is always positivity in every situation. It is now motivating a lot of Lagos Igbos whom use to think that they where at home with the cowardly Yorubas, to now start investing massively back home. I got to Akwa last month and it was a massive construction site,meaning more money and employment for home boys.Thats exactly the way to go.
I am sure Igbos got the message sent by Yoruba authorities and at the appropriate time they will be paid back.

Please go and develop Iseyin in Oyo State. grin

After that, go and develop Modakeke in Osun State grin

Dey play ▶️

8 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by FireUpNow(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2023
LikeAking:

In Nigeria we just buy any how
Those people that sell lands too in Lagos are very wicked, they sell lands that is not theirs to people. Where I live in there is this omonile that sold powerline for a man to be building. It was during the building that NEPA officials came to him to stop work.
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Appletek: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2023
admissionrunz:

Hmmmm who told you ?

Or is it a direct fight directed to a particular tribe ?

They gave you facts, you are asking who told him. Are you blind or they must type in your native language before it enters your head.

4 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by TUTU147: 7:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Building on government land and building on unapproved land is a serious offence,it is not only in lagos state.I am an igbo man but I don't support the act of building on unapproved land.Some build on water way causing serious harvock to the street.The only area I see some kind of a maltreatment on a perticular tribe is the fact that government don't go after the chiefs and obas selling the government land to innocent buyers.How many of the criminals selling the government land have been prosocuted.My advice to my igbo brothers is to stop building in lagos or anywhere outside south east or south south for now, because nigeria is not as it use to be.May God Almighty give the victims the mind to bear the lost because it is not easy losing all your building like that.

4 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by SonOfDSoil01: 7:02am On Nov 27, 2023
agentarcher:
The path the current ibo generation are charting will only lead to alienation. Illegal structures are over Nigeria. The buyers know very well it is illegal but believe they can bribe their way through it. Then when a new government comes in and do not care about bribing you say tribal hate. Getting a land in the east the legal way isn't even easy as an outsider, why do you then say it is okay to get land the illegal way in another man's land? All this unnecessary tribal hate has to stop. So the law shouldn't apply to ibos? The other tribes that are involved, why are we not hearing them singing tribal hate?
God bless you brother...the point is people have now wise and seen through the deception of this people, they think people are still bothered about there victim mentality and emotional blackmail. I served in owerri in 2017 and i can boldly tell you this people are the most tribalistic set of people ever seen. My experience over there prove that and time wont permiit me to type that here. What an average ibo man enjoy in lagos and Sw, you can never find it in that primitive region or why do you think it is only ibos that invest in SE? They know thie truth but wiil never admit it but keep living a life of falsehood angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by tete7000(m): 7:02am On Nov 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

yeah,goverment will give you permit and still return to demolish your property....

do you even understand in that case,you can drag the goverment to court and win....??

you have no excuse....
stfu and freakin stay in your south east....!!

The problem with Nigeria is that those in government offices can use legitimate government papers to issue you an illegitimate approval, especially when you are desperate to have such approvals. I was once issued a vehicle licence by an agent only for me to realise it was fake when I approached licensing office the following year to have it renewed, the same thing applies to the first driver's license I had, I discovered it was fake when I tried to renew it. For those two documents I needed to go through the right channel determined to do whatever it takes to get the original the second time.

Often times when people's house are marked as being illegally located/constructed, some of the people in the team that mark the houses would go behind and assure the owners that if they bring some money, they will help them legitimise it and people fall for it. They pay the money and the markings are removed. The truth however is that that process never legitimise the illegal construction, the building documents delivered to the owners are not real and they never enter the government database, so the houses subsist until a stubborn, resolute person determined to right the wrong comes into office. So people need to be circumspect when seeking government documents in Nigeria. Ours is a dog eats dog society where everyone is lying in wait to feast on other person's ignorance without minding the consequences to that person.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Dafresh: 7:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Appletek:

They were not approved. You can not get approval to build on government land.
Even if the show you the papers signed and stamped by the government you will still doubt it
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by TUTU147: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2023
FireUpNow:

Those people that sell lands too in Lagos are very wicked, they sell lands that is not theirs to people. Where I live in there is this omonile that sold powerline for a man to be building. It was during the building that NEPA officials came to him to stop work.
Is because lagos state government is protecting them,why will one sell government land and still walk freely.

1 Like

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by tsdarkside(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2023
tete7000:

The problem with Nigeria is that those in government offices can use legitimate government papers to issue you an illegitimate approval, especially when you are desperate to have such an approval. I was once issued a vehicle licence by an agent only for me to realise it was fake when I approached licensing office the following year to have it renewed, the same thing applies to the first driver's license I had, I discovered it was fake when I tried to renew it. For those two documents I needed to go through the right channel determined to do whatever it takes to get the original the second time.

Often times when people's house are marked as being illegally located/constructed, some of the people in the team that mark the houses would go behind and assure the owners that if they bring some money, they will help them legitimise it and people fall for it. They pay the money and the markings are removed. The truth however is that that process never legitimise the illegal construction, the building documents delivered to the owners are not real and they never enter the government database, so the houses subsist until a stubborn, resolute person determined to right the wrong comes into office. So people need to be circumspect when seeking government documents in Nigeria. Ours is a dog eats dog society where everyone is lying in wait to feast on other person's ignorance without minding the consequences to that person.

now you get it.... wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by adamusuleiman1: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2023
The owners of the buildinga are not very bright people. They saw markings of demolition, yet decided to hasten the construction of the building as if FHA will give them a pass because the building has been completed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by ipobarecriminals: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2023
sad wonder why some people refused to give lawyer 100/200k to do the needful. They preferred backyard deal settled Ministry gate man/janitors to help them obtain paper/local boys aka omo onile.Those ones will entered one office and come out in less than 10 minutes and handover one paper for u.U collect and smile your way out while sone people that came b4 u wait endlessly for approval. They got served
bid4rich:

Do they have C of O

Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Appletek: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2023
FireUpNow:

The man is blind and stupid for seeing powerline and buying land under it. Very daft fellow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by tsdarkside(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2023
sorry to say....you must hire a lawyer when you want to start anything in nigeria....
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by TUTU147: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2023
tete7000:

The problem with Nigeria is that those in government offices can use legitimate government papers to issue you an illegitimate approval, especially when you are desperate to have such approvals. I was once issued a vehicle licence by an agent only for me to realise it was fake when I approached licensing office the following year to have it renewed, the same thing applies to the first driver's license I had, I discovered it was fake when I tried to renew it. For those two documents I needed to go through the right channel determined to do whatever it takes to get the original the second time.

You are right and all this happens because the government has refused to deal with such staff.
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by mfm04622: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2023
bid4rich:

Do they have C of O

Thank you sir

The land belongs to FG. The land is the undeveloped part of the land FG acquired for FESTAC. The land were being sold by fraudsters because FG has not developed the land.
Yes, people who didn't do their due diligence were buying FG land from fraudulent people that called themselves Omo Onile.
Of course they don't have C of O.
None of above has govt. hand in it, hence the demolition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by FireUpNow(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2023
shereef19:

Many people have paid for C of O and we're not given as well.
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by adamusuleiman1: 7:07am On Nov 27, 2023
AustineE1:
You call them coward yet they flogged you in Lagos during the election, they have now demolished houses in an area Ibo love to live again in their state and all you can do is cry and weep grin

6 Likes

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by TUTU147: 7:07am On Nov 27, 2023
adamusuleiman1:
The owners of the buildinga are not very bright people. They saw markings of demolition, yet decided to hasten the construction of the building as if FHA will give them a pass because the building has been completed.
That is what the person working for the government assured them
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Appletek: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2023
Dafresh:

Even if the show you the papers signed and stamped by the government you will still doubt it

That is why they are demolishing the houses. You are gullible. They use coloured paper and ink to deceive you. Fake documents.

Provide a Certified True Copy of the document and your house won't be demolished.

1 Like

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by adamusuleiman1: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2023
TUTU147:
You heard what the woman in the video said. Luckily, the woman is not Yoruba. The woman said they visited a few weeks before to mark some houses and a particular building that was at foundation level had now been raised up. That is foolishness of the highest order.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by tsdarkside(m): 7:09am On Nov 27, 2023
mfm04622:

The land belongs to FG. The land is the undeveloped part of the land FG acquired for FESTAC. The land were being sold by fraudsters because FG has not developed the land.
Yes, people who didn't do their due diligence were buying FG land from fraudulent people that called themselves Omo Onile.
Of course they don't have C of O.
None of above has govt. hand in it, hence the demolition.

we all knew about this Omo Onile fraudsters for decades now....its nothing new....
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by Appletek: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2023
TUTU147:

What is the name of the person. Put it out here. Abi na ghost?
The dumb fools are blaming everyone but themselves
Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by mfm04622: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2023
Appletek:

The man is blind and stupid for seeing powerline and buying land under it. Very daft fellow.

Just ignorant.

I was shown a place that was within the setback for a powerline. Because i knew, i refused. Yet, others were buying and developing such plots. When a government come that insist on demolishing the place, we will be blaming Govt

1 Like

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by phemmie06(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2023
So it wasn't Lagos state that initiated the operation? May God forgive those taunting Lagos state on this.
Since 20, one thing I can't advise people is to buy a property without all the necessary documents and also doing all the documentation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demolitions In FESTAC: FG Warned Land Illegal Occupiers In 2021 by adamusuleiman1: 7:10am On Nov 27, 2023
Appletek:

Don't underestimate how foolish people can get. I still corrected one yesterday that claimed that himself and his brother got permit from local government to build along a power line right of way. He doesn't even know that something called a right of way existed.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos: Mansard Building In VI Lagos On Fire / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / ASOKORO ROCKVILLA ESTATE GUZAPE, ABUJA. DON'T MISS IT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.