Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK (16864 Views)

Neveah Makes Financial Times 2023 Africa’s Fastest Growing Companies Ranking / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity / Attempts To Replace Naira Notes Descends Into Chaos - Financial Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by magoo10(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2023
yongg:

When I tell people this, they think I'm insane untill they see the numbers.

Firstly, one should take loans only when they are sure to pay back or need it for endeavours that ensure the loans can be paid back, even better when the return that pays back the loan is multiple times over. With that one alone no money lender will be posting crazy interest rates like these money lenders are doing... One will stand a better change to negotiate a better repayment interest rate when considering.

With this current combo, the loan cycle will be endless because in addition to hardship, earnings coming in isn't enough to even live off of talk less or repaying a loan of this nature.

you get the point
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by yongg: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

The financial times UK should also tell us about the hardship being faced by UK citizens! Oh! They feel we don't know that inflation is biting harder than never before, and a housing crisis fvckin their country from the butthole?

Anyways, His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is aware about the statistics and making frantic efforts to steer the economy on a growth path. Nigerians do not need a foreign entity battling with its own problems, to notify us.

Everyone knows the UK survives by taxes, perks of being a global financial hub, and that is even more important to them even as they exert benefits of their empire and colonial links, so not so much news there.

The juicier news is that a country whose currency value was more than the aforementioned empire has allowed its currency to be devalued to 1/1200th of that empire's currency's value within say at least 60 years, continually, while NOT lacking the natural resources the UK relies on taxes and multilateral agreements for.

That data coming out of Nigeria is continually saying that law abiding, working Nigerians are worth less and are less Nigerian than their terrorist counterparts.

And that to live a normal life, one has to be a stinkingly rich Nigerian, or a non- Nigerian (either in earning capacity or through and through non Nigerian)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by yewit37486: 10:54am On Nov 27, 2023
maasoap:

And yet, they're still providing benefits for their unemployed population. Most of the housing deficits are migrants related, my friend

Asslicker.
Tinubu is more of a destroyer than a builder. When are you going to wake up and realise that both Tinubu and Buhari are mistake

The same Buhari you used to defend with all your soul?! Wow. Strange things are indeed happening.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Addme: 10:57am On Nov 27, 2023
This is very serious. No middle class again in Nigeria. Everybody is feeling the pain of bad policies.
I can boldly say that majority of Nigerian youth 18-40 upward are owing at least one loan app.
It's that bad.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Codes151(m): 11:06am On Nov 27, 2023
na igbo person go write this for financial times...
u wont see them talk their own here ...

africans
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Jughead29: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2023
The country is in mess, worst state currently.... The government won't know because some people will keep praising them....But woe to whosoever support evil because of selfishness at the expense of others.... The Government is borrowing, the citizens too are borrowing

And to those comparing Uk hardship to Nigeria.... May God deliver your brain....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Bigkoko: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2023
You get me wrong. Nigeria is in a bad shape no doubt, and egbon Emilokan is unfit to even rule a council in this trying times, not to talk of Nigeria. But, UK is the least to talk about hardship. If i tell you the level of suffering in the UK, you will appreciate Nigeria own. You can stay in Nigeria and owe your landlord money, in UK you dare not try such.

UK should face their worries, let u face ours! Do you know 555 of UK citizens can not attend Varsity due to poverty and not willing to be yoke for more than 20 years paying student loans? That is why they create laws and pay ads for Nigerians to come school there.

yongg:

You are comparing UK that is looking for oil and gas supplies from other endowed countries like Ukraine and Russia in the European region to generate electricity?

What UK is experiencing is due to shortages and complexities that the war with those countries is causing.

Your Nigeria on the other hand is stupendously rich in countless things INCLUDING the oil, of which
shortages the UK is suffering from so much so that even other Nationalities, non Nigeria citizens enjoy your country beyond measure...

Your country is on a mission to enslave its citizens to any outside person with small money Incase you are unaware, the trend has been consistent for the past 35 years pure downward spiral, year in year out. (Bad for citizens, attractive to western and European investor due to better currency value)

Now we are a level where are going to be subject to loans to live (which is worse than the loan culture obtainable in the west btw), just to live O. Said loans are not even enough to start with. All high interest loans that are unaffordable on the long run for even business use. Working modest one cannot even afford to live off the naira they earn because it has been devalued like /4 (at least times) within the last 4 years.

In case you don't understand, forget that they are using 21st tech apps to get loan, what this means in plain grammar is that...ALMOST ALL MIDDLE CLASS is borrowing to eat NOW. If that's is middle class, then the poor are in limbo. I mean, do you think the poor will have phones or qualify for said loans?

Meaning, one needs to be RICH to live NORMAL in TODAY'S NIGERIA, there.... (Data and reality keep hitting you guys in your face and you guys turn a blind eye always year in year out)

This is why relocation is attractive because one DOESN'T NEED TO BE RICH to live NORMAL lives there, because an average job will do.

Normal countries are providing welfare packages to make sure their citizens are well fed, Nigeria is making sure that even when you have a decent job you have to BORROW to feed, not even for business o.

Where do you see consistent borrowing to feed (at cut throat interest rate) instead of business a something normal?

Infact, Nigeria by omission of treating bandits have made Terrorism and terrorists a part of their government. They have allowed these bandit displace land owners and farmers, demand and collect Ransome, taxes, levies. In case you don't understand, Nigeria is telling you those terrorist are more Nigerian than any honest, law abiding Nigerian out there, the FG government is tired of collecting taxes and using it judiciously hence you are allowed to pay taxes to Terrorist Governance. That the terrorist are upper-class citizens and you who is law abiding, honest and working Nigerian is low class and not worthy of the right a full Nigerian, a true son of the soil. That there is not issue when the prices of the food you need for living increase because of those artificial taxes to the terrorist why because everyone will contribute to cover the cost. That's what your country is telling you thought the data you are turning a blind eye to.

When the student is ready the teacher will appear...
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Bigkoko: 11:27am On Nov 27, 2023
Ok. Oya face front.

phorget:

You are shamelessly just full of excuses.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Rufai1314(m): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
The political class are living large, enjoying with their family.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Alpharey: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
SoNature:
Thank you, Mr Tinubu, for spreading hardship even though you promised to make people's lives better. What his e-warriors don't understand is that nobody is spared in all this.

We warned them, but they resorted to name calling saying that we hate Tinubu's tribe. Now NOBODY is exempted regardless of your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by dosage150(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
victory36:
please does lapo give loans to start a business?
Don't even try it, my mum suffered in their hands

The money vanishes and you start paying with high interest a week after collection of money

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Alpharey: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Rufai1314:
The political class are living large, enjoying with their family.

And during elections, the same political class will come out to deceive the gullibles promising them heaven on Earth. If it gets hard to convince them, they will play the ethnic and tribal card and win the masses over.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by IbeOkehie: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
Gerrard59:
cc: nlfmod

Good luck to Nigerians. Please pay attention to the graphs and compare to 2010 - 2014. Then, see my signature.

Again, good luck! grin

You're a WICKED man, why do you have to lie like this? grin You know FT is lying, it's a conspiracy by Bretton Woods to demoralize Nigerians. Have they been to Idumota and Computer Village?

Nigerians please don't mind him. He's a hater. We know you're rich and enjoying life to the max. 😉 Most Nigerians living in Nigeria, especially the ones on Nairaland, are now into REAL ESTATE (100% per month profit) or they work REMOTELY for foreign companies ($20,000 per month). Better wash your eyes!

Gerrard, another note to your bad self..... I'm the ONLY one allowed to give out GOOD LUCK TO NIGERIANS on this forum, I have the official Federal Government subsidized allocation for that.

You've been warned! Now let me clock out from this overnight security job and go wash some dead bodies. Yes, na so we see am for America.

Good Luck to Nigerians! And that's OFFICIAL!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

The financial times UK should also tell us about the hardship being faced by UK citizens! Oh! They feel we don't know that inflation is biting harder than never before, and a housing crisis fvckin their country from the butthole?

Anyways, His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is aware about the statistics and making frantic efforts to steer the economy on a growth path. Nigerians do not need a foreign entity battling with its own problems, to notify us.
have u eaten?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by JaskanFactor: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2023
financial times uk should know since uk runs Nigeria, right down to price of bread.
And am sure the people from financial times would say privately to themselves that everything is going according to plan in Nigeria.
Life is gona be hard when those who call you disgusting shit skin run your country.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by haykay2005: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
My concern is how PalmCredit got the cbn license. Those guys are evil. This country is finished

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by maasoap(m): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
grandstar:

After a while, they have nowhere to run to for loans.

They start having to make painful adjustments like bankrupt economies. Many even end up making the wrong type of adjustments.
You are so on point, very true.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Gerrard59(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You're a WICKED man, why do you have to lie like this? grin You know FT is lying, it's a conspiracy by Bretton Woods to demoralize Nigerians. Have they been to Idumota and Computer Village?

Nigerians please don't mind him. He's a hater. We know you're rich and enjoying life to the max. 😉 Most Nigerians living in Nigeria, especially the ones on Nairaland, are now into REAL ESTATE (100% per month profit) or they work REMOTELY for foreign companies ($20,000 per month). Better wash your eyes!

Gerrard, another note to your bad self..... I'm the ONLY one allowed to give out GOOD LUCK TO NIGERIANS on this forum, I have the official Federal Government subsidized allocation for that.

You've been warned! Now let me clock out from this overnight security job and go wash some dead bodies. Yes, na so we see am for America.

Good Luck to Nigerians! And that's OFFICIAL!!!

Okay, I agree to your use of the slogan. I just got inspired today.

At the bold; grin If only these folks knew how much a skilled employee can earn in the US provided the person is with the right visa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Splashme: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Terrible
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by zoomzoom(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=CoronaVirusPro post=127185052]Bunkum and balderdash!

The two- bit inec- select certificate forger who asked" na statistics we go chop" ,knows next to nothing about this STATISTICS.
HE NEVER DID AND WILL.

If e didn't dey, e didn't dey!!!.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by loswhite(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
fkelly:
Collecting online loan is a suicide mission, the interest rate are too high.

Imagine paying over 1/2 of the borrowed funds in less than three months.

Pls which business can generate that revenue in nigeria?

Even collecting from access bank...lol. imagine 120% interest rate for 1 year claiming reducing balance
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by phorget(m): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Bigkoko:
Ok. Oya face front.

Unfortunately nah back.you dey face.
As your head bend nah so your brain self bend.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Bigkoko: 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
Oye ara! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin No be me tell una to vote Asiwaju. No carry your aggression come near me ohhh

phorget:

Unfortunately nah back.you dey face.
As your head bend nah so your brain self bend.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by phorget(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Bigkoko:
Oye ara! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin No be me tell una to vote Asiwaju. No carry your aggression come near me ohhh

I'll rather vote a bingo than vote Ebola.
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
The so called Fintech are bunch of fraudsters that needed to be investigated thoroughly. How can you borrow someone a huge sum of money and expect him to pay within a month. Their interest rate is just suffocating
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by chigo32: 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
I don't know how you guys think. Trying hard to defend a government that is not working. Guy fear God, people are really suffering and going through hell because of corruption and fail leadership. The reason why uk economy
is little bit down is because of alot of Nigerians are japing to uk. Uk has many immigrants in their place.
Bigkoko:
FT should shut the fuvck up! Millions of household in UK can no longer put on their fridge due to high cost of electricity and dwindling fortunes. Asiwaju might not be a fit, but the UK is worse off!

After all, how many UK citizens can buy plane tickets? mchewwwwww

Between, the only regions feeling the hardship more than others is that side that has equal mix of christians, traditional & moslems adherents, thus causing some bit of religious confusion!

Na them stand for Asiwaju manhood. Na them complain pass. Elders, women, teens & agberos!
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by chigo32: 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
I don't know how you guys think. Trying hard to defend a government that is not working. Guy fear God, people are really suffering and going through hell because of corruption and fail leadership. The reason why uk economy
is little bit down is because of alot of Nigerians are japing to uk. Uk has many immigrants in their place.
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Onyema190: 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
[url][/url]
CoronaVirusPro:
Bunkum and balderdash!

Nawa ooh
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dubious loan sharks
Re: Nigerians Resort To Emergency Loans As Hardship Worsens - Financial Times UK by EbenezerTriumph: 1:27am On Jan 04
haykay2005:
My concern is how PalmCredit got the cbn license. Those guys are evil. This country is finished
because they don't message contacts.
However palm credit is still the worst loan app.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIPOST Imposes New Charges On Courier Services / Alaba International Market Website: Alaba.biz / GTBank Shuts Down HiTV Premises & Puts It Into Receivership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.