Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,807 members, 7,827,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever (253 Views)

How To Get Rid Of A Recurrent Typhoid Fever / 10 Morning Wood (Erection) Facts You Probably Didn't Know / Nigerian Invents A Water Device That Prevents Cholera And Typhoid Infections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by bnet1010(m): 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever

it’s a known fact that typhoid fever is more prevalent in warm tropical areas, both of these diseases may occur in other parts of the world, especially areas of the world with poor sanitation and limited access to clean water.

It is caused by a bacterium called Salmonella typhi, which is related to the bacteria that cause salmonella food poisoning.

for more insights : https://bnethub.com/typhoid-fever/

1 Share

Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Obiedun(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
I took anti_typhoid vaccine in 2005 till now, I only hear people talking about typhoid.
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by nnamdizen(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Obiedun:
I took anti_typhoid vaccine in 2005 till now, I only hear people talking about typhoid.
Throw in some details my brother, you would be saving lives
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Afamsi: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
Obiedun:
I Wish there is anti malaria vaccine for adults.
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Obiedun(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
nnamdizen:
Throw in some details my brother, you would be saving lives
Thank you. If I have the means of procuring the drugs and distribute it freely, I will do. I have a friend who happens to be a police officer and a nurse. He works in a police hospital. In 2005, he and other officers were going to sudan for foreign mission so they were given the oral vaccine. The satchet contain 3 tablets which you have to take one every other day. Pregnant women and children below 8 years must not take it. He gave me three satchets and I took one and followed the dosage. The other two satchets were dumped somewhere. Later when he came bacb I asked him for more but he said, it was not made available and I have forgotten the name on it. But I have never had typhoid fever in my life even when neighbours and family members had it. It is even cheaper than treating typhoid fever.
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Obiedun(m): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
Afamsi:
I Wish there is anti malaria vaccine for adults.
There is but not available in Nigeria but I think it is delibrate so that people will visit hospital and doctors and pharmacists will be making their money.
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Afamsi: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Obiedun:
There is but not available in Nigeria but I think it is delibrate so that people will visit hospital and doctors and pharmacists will be making their money.
I Really Wish I Can Lay My Hands On That Stuff. Have Become A Regular Visitor To Chemists Courtesy This Disease
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by nnamdizen(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
Obiedun:
Thank you. If I have the means of procuring the drugs and distribute it freely, I will do. I have a friend who happens to be a police officer and a nurse. He works in a police hospital. In 2005, he and other officers were going to sudan for foreign mission so they were given the oral vaccine. The satchet contain 3 tablets which you have to take one every other day. Pregnant women and children below 8 years must not take it. He gave me three satchets and I took one and followed the dosage. The other two satchets were dumped somewhere. Later when he came bacb I asked him for more but he said, it was not made available and I have forgotten the name on it. But I have never had typhoid fever in my life even when neighbours and family members had it. It is even cheaper than treating typhoid fever.
Thanks for the update, if you can still get in touch with your friend, the name of the drug you were given would seal the deal for us.
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Obiedun(m): 5:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
nnamdizen:
Thanks for the update, if you can still get in touch with your friend, the name of the drug you were given would seal the deal for us.
I will try to ask him. I think the vaccine was supply by the UNO.
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by nnamdizen(m): 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
Obiedun:
I will try to ask him. I think the vaccine was supply by the UNO.
ok thanks, would be expecting your feedback
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by Obiedun(m): 9:27am On Nov 28, 2023
nnamdizen:
ok thanks, would be expecting your feedback
I just spoke to him now. He said the drug was imported into the country then by the wife of former Inspector General if Police (Tafa Balogun). And you see, the price if the vaccine is cheaper than to cure the sickness.
As it stands now, I don't think you can get it in Nigeria. Check the link below
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.coalitionagainsttyphoid.org/the-issues/typhoid-vaccines/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiunsvAqeaCAxWPTEEAHcmnBD8QFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw0NDnupPrbHwHUd14voeq5C
Re: Basic Facts You Need To Know About Typhoid Fever by nnamdizen(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
Obiedun:
I just spoke to him now. He said the drug was imported into the country then by the wife of former Inspector General if Police (Tafa Balogun). And you see, the price if the vaccine is cheaper than to cure the sickness.
As it stands now, I don't think you can get it in Nigeria. Check the link below
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.coalitionagainsttyphoid.org/the-issues/typhoid-vaccines/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiunsvAqeaCAxWPTEEAHcmnBD8QFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw0NDnupPrbHwHUd14voeq5C
Thanks for your effort

(1) (Reply)

Worst Fruits Globally For The Diabetics And Obese With Pictures And Details / Blood-Sugar Balance Tea / My Wife Blood Test Is Positive But Scanning Is Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.