Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,702 members, 7,865,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Onyeka Onwenu Looses Mum - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu Looses Mum (1211 Views)

Phyno And Onyeka Onwenu Collaborate On A New Track / Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 64th Birthday Today / Stunning Throwback Picture Of Onyeka Onwenu Performing On Stage Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Onyeka Onwenu Looses Mum by ceomike(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2011
One of Africa’s most successful female musicians of all time, Onyeka Onwenu, is a sad woman. The elegant stallion as the Imo State born crooner is better known is devastated following the death of her mother Madam Hope Onwenu.

Onyeka Onwenu
A Community leader and former Choirmaster of the Anglican Church in Lagos Mama Onyeka who would have turned 93 years old on January 6, 2012, died on Saturday, October 22, in Anambra State.

Mama according to family source had had lived a very fulfilling life and was enjoying the best of health before death came calling.

But in the words of Onyeka Mama’s final hours were enveloped in joy and happiness.

“I spent the whole Wednesday, October 18 with her, plaiting her hair and even revisiting one of her woman’s classic compositions, Ochie Dike Nnem with her”.

Narrating what exactly happened that day, the songstress said in a text message she sent to this writer , “We sang Ochie Dike Nnem, the song she wrote for her own mother and we sang praises to God in our usual manner. She slept off and I left.

I promised to come back on Tuesday. But I have been praying ever since, that if it was her time, that God will take her away gently and peacefully in her sleep. That is exactly what happened.

I give all the glory to my God. May my mother’s indomitable spirit rest in perfect peace. Ochie Dike, ka Omesia. Dalu nnem. I love you” she said in an emotion laden voice.

Her burial plans will be announced in due course.

Source: Vanguard
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Looses Mum by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2011
O boy, her mumsy is really old.

May her soul RIP.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Looses Mum by BootyOnMe: 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
Eeeeeeyh.
Nothing like mama o!
She really lived a long prosperous life.
Good genes.
RIP Mama Onwenu. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Studio 53 Eku Edewor Looking Hawt / Days After TB Joshua Prophecy, Funke Akindele’s Director, Taiwo Bello Dies / Help A Sister To Win This Pageant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.