Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon (419 Views)

GWR: Subair Enitan Starts 50-Hour Hand Wash-A-Thon (Photos) / Final Year OAU Student Killed By A Trailer / Items OAU Student Stole From The School Hostel (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by Teepresh2: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
200-level OAU student lands in hospital after ending hand wash-a-thon at 58 hours for Guinness World Records

The 200-level student of Linguistics and African Languages at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Osun State, Miss Subair Enitan, has ended hand wash-a-thon at 58 hours.

Enitan ended the hand wash-a-thon initially fixed for 50 hours at 12:05 AM on Monday, November 27, 2023, which made her surpass the set duration.

The management of the school led by the deputy vice-chancellor administration, Professor Abayomi Daramola on Sunday, November 26, paid her solidarity visit before ending the task

At the end of the task, Enitan said: “I felt I should give up several times, especially when I was pressed, I was like can I go through this thing? That my mum and my friends are in this crowd I feel very fulfilled to complete this task right in front of her.”

Confirming the development to The Nation on Monday, the Student Union President of OAU, Abbas Akinremi said: “She ended the wash-a-thon in the early hours of Monday and we took her to the university clinic.”

A congratulatory message from the Faculty of Arts Students Association (FASA), OAU, urged students to come out en mass to celebrate her.

The message signed by the faculty, PresidentHammed Oluwashina, Public Relations Officer, Tunji- Ajayi and General Secretary, Jesulayomi Aquila, reads, “The Executives of the Association extend their warmest felicitations and commendations to Subair Enitan, who has achieved her desired target of 50 hours in her official attempt at the 50-hour WASH-A-TON.

“This accomplishment could pave the way for her to break the record for the longest individual handwashing session.

“We express gratitude to all FASAITES who have shown support and encouragement for her and earnestly request more support for her at this final stage. Subair Enitan, from the Department of Linguistics and African Languages, is one of us, and we cannot be more proud of her.

“As we anticipate the validation of her record, let’s come out in mass and celebrate with her. To celebrate alone is to enjoy, but to celebrate with others is to savor the true essence of joy.”

Earlier, the regional sales manager of Aspira Nigeria Limited, Joseph Adeyemi said the company decided to support the vision of young enterprising Nigerians whose intent is to break new ground.

https:///200-level-oau-student-lands-in-hospital-after-ending-hand-wash-a-thon-at-58-hours-for-guinness-world-records/

Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by illicit(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
🥺
Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by God1000(m): 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
And she will become very popular now, congrats to her sha
Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by budaatum: 9:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
What exactly is wash-a-ton?

Her cloth boku dirty or is she doing laundry for her neighbours?
Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by Newsmic: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_UMndJdkA
Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by WhisperedNoise: 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
Of what benefit is a wash-a-thon? What exactly will it benefit the lady? They don't even pay the record holder's. Someone please explain.
Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by alshalz(m): 2:48am On Nov 28, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Of what benefit is a wash-a-thon? What exactly will it benefit the lady? They don't even pay the record holder's. Someone please explain.
endorsements are loading, Viva is there already many other brands will follow soon

1 Like

Re: OAU Student, Enitan Lands In Hospital After 58-hour Wash-a-thon by finallybusy: 6:14am On Nov 28, 2023
She should’ve worn gloves. Why won’t she land in the hospital? Many of them have never run fifty metres in their lives, they decide to perform endurance feats. I won’t pity anyone whose heart gives out from such activity. Kaffy trained towards her record. Hilda Baci trained towards her record. The guy who tried crying for days didn’t. We remember how that ended.

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Top Scorers Challenge Should Reveal The Best Candidate In 2024 / Great Oouites Join In Here / Aspiring For Building Technology,any Hope For Me In D Labour Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.