Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone (27296 Views)

Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Among Nigerian States In 2022 / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by Niklaus398: 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Obi spent 8 years in Anambra, IGR increased by only 1 billion.. Poverty multiplied...

Ngige increased Anambra IGR by a lot, Obiano came in, IGR increased alot as well. Only Peter Obi failed in this aspect.
and yet under Peter Obi Anambra came from 34th to 3 in education.
It came from 30+ to top 5 in health care.
I think I'll prefer that one.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by Niklaus398: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Benwallt:

Somebody is talking facts and you are wasting your destiny on fallacies. If you like collect zero taxes, your people will still not make it in that unproductive region. They will still Japa to Kano, Kaduna, Lagos to record meaningful return on investments
from ur screenshot we see abia is 3rd ahead of the western States minus Lagos.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by Niklaus398: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
lawani:

Do you need to be told that the population also matter?. Revenue per Capita matters and Nigeria is probably the lowest in the world if Lagos is removed though I am not sure but you will need to be a war torn country to be lower
don't give me that shit of population.
If I bring India now, you will start crying about another thing.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by Niklaus398: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
lawani:

Do you need to be told that the population also matter?. Revenue per Capita matters and Nigeria is probably the lowest in the world if Lagos is removed though I am not sure but you will need to be a war torn country to be lower
India has more population than Nigeria and yet has better.

Abeg no dey talk that stuff
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
TrumpDonald2:

He asked a very valid question. Keep deceiving yourself. Your level of stupidity is very high.

Is the SW or are the SW governors responsible for you and your village?

Or are they collecting your allocations and taxes?

When are you going to ask your own village leaders the same valid question?

Abi your own leaders are above accountability?

Stupidity is when you close your eyes to the taxes and allocations your own leaders collects with nothing to show, but open eyes to demand accountability from other people.

That's stupidity.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Faiththatworks:
There are some issues that are way beyond some people's understanding.
There's this person up there with the Moniker,iamAtikulate who's really mixing up issues.

I am that guy.

And I'll reply you directly.

Faiththatworks:

His incessant justification of bantering figures and comparing it especially as it to relates to development in Anambra state and the whole Igbo states with their southern counterparts especially Yoruba states is a bit perplexing.
Let me try to educate this individual so he stops this comparison.
Let's see who educate who

Faiththatworks:

Figures are used to show you activities that may be less visible to the naked eyes.
The truth about the internal generated revenue posted shows the total aggregate of activities going on in any locality.

GDP measures the aggregate activities going on in any locality, not IGR.

Faiththatworks:

You only tax returns on revenue,that is why it's called internally generated revenue.
The individual made a lot of assertions that I find very strange, trading goods and services will never generate revenue for any serious minded government.

You are uninformed.

Trade is the third largest component of our GDP, more than manufacturing by a country mile.

Onitsha Main Market alone does $3 billion worth of transactions yearly.

Anambra government only needs to tax 5% of that to match whatever Ogun generate.

Faiththatworks:

I give an example,if the amount of money exchanged in Onitsha is 1billion every month,the state government is obliged to collect a fraction of the sales generated as taxes ,these taxes will probably be around 5%,which is 50 million.
Now compare that to a state like Ogun state,which has an industrial hub like Agabara,any company which generates 1 billion a month will mostly likely cough up to 15% of it's revenue in taxes and permits.
In essence,100000 people will end up generating 50 million for Anambra state while less than 10000 individuals will end up generating 3 times what's generated In Anambra in Ogun state.

Anambra is a tax haven, Ogun is tax-obsessed.

Anambra is not overtly interested in using taxes to generate revenue but to stimulate growth. For Anambra, taxation is a purely a fiscal stabilization instrument.

Faiththatworks:

But I end by saying this to imatikulate, whatever figures you are seeing will very soon become child's play in the next 2 years.
Lagos and Ogun state will witness massive exponential growth In their revenue when the Dangote Refinery starts production.
Company Income Tax, Petroleum Income Tax and export duties are all federal taxes.

Lagos will only benefit from the personal income tax. We heard that Dangote hired 11,000 people from India. If these people earn #500,000 on average, Lagos will only receive around #1 billion in taxes yearly.

Lagos will benefit more from the increased purchasing power. A lot of these will be absorbed by trade, which several of them finding their way back to Onitsha and Aba.

In case you don't know, Anambra and Abia will benefit more from Dangote Refinery than even Ogun.

Faiththatworks:

I'm very very sure Lagos will most likely double it's revenue while Ogun will have around 300-400billion.
Because of Dangote Refinery?

Dey play

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lagos won't get more than 30 billion from Dangote as taxes annually.

Faiththatworks:

You should be more concerned about what the Igbo governors will do with the natural resources God has bequeathed to them especially in the area of gas.
God bless Nigeria

You should be more concerned with the environmental impact of the Dangote Refinery on the Lagos ecosystem.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
lawani:

You are an idiot and can't be helped. How many of your family members are traders? Stupid idiot
Ok
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
seunjungle1:
I can see clearly that your brain has stop working since you joined obedient group... I seriously perceived obedient ingredients in your comment by comparing Anambra to Ogun state in terms of industry or igr.
You're sick

Forget all the noise, Anambra is more industrialized than Ogun. I have a thread on that and I won't waste my time educating you.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Inkling:

Hmmm

See wisdom

So, Nigeria health workers japaing to Canada is taking capital flight to Nigeria?.
Yes.

They move fund that should been circulating in Canada outside the economy to Nigeria.

It's capital flight.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by gazza07(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wow! Big wow!! And ogun has the best road network and portable water. As matter of fact, ogun state is next to dubai. If not for marginalization, this your wow could have been chai
plaindealer:

Ogun state alone generated more IGR than the top 3 states in the SE combined.

WOW!!!!
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

Wrong economics. Seems like you cram and comsume all the unpractical things they tell you. Do you know how much the USA owe?
Over $33 trillion.

Most of those debts are held by the public and intergovernmental holdings.

So, you don't actually call that debt.

It's like a company owner borrowing from his company and wife.

YourGFsnatcher:

You are talking about debt, go and read your economics in practical ways. You people will have all sorts of excuse to cover your short comings. How can an adult say that IGR doesn't say anything about the reflection of an economy?
IGR = taxes.

Nothing more.

YourGFsnatcher:

Can you compare Lagos and Anambra economy? So because lagos has more debt then that mean Anambra is doing well? That also means Nigeri is doing better than USA since they generate for revenue and have higher debt. So dumb
You are dumber.

Where did I say that?

Now have you asked yourself why Anambra has larger GDP than Ogun that claims to generate more IGR than SE.

YourGFsnatcher:

So UK that have good tax system and are living on it that your fellow easteners always want to go there are dumb abi?
But UK is not using IGR to measure economic growth like you guys are doing.

YourGFsnatcher:

Omoooo... I dey hear things for this country. Everyone is an analyst, and they do it out of emotions. Economics is not based on emotions

Thank God you know.

So you guys should repent and stop using IGR to measure prosperity

1 Like

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
xhamel99:

Heal yourself of hate towards progress. I took time to read your gibberish. So your analysis is based on 12 millions daily transactions in Onitsha? So whats the number of transactions in other regions that are doing well? Create your own statsense page and host your hatred.
If you have sense, you would have known that the analysis is to show ediots like you that Anambra has the capacity to match Ogun IGR by just increasing tax
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
Basic123:

Mumu..you are the illiterates here....there is a difference between "a tax FREE haven" and "Tax haven"

Mumu you actually wanted to say "TAX FREE HAVEN".......DINDINRIN πŸ˜†
There is nothing like Tax Free Haven.

Even if you impose a zero rate it's still called tax haven. Anyway, Anambra is not tax free.

It only charges little taxes to stimulate growth
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by profmallor: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Those are the stats foreign investors are interested in along with the security of their investment, if you are from the SE you should be concerned and not just hoping to use gra gra to sweep it under the rug. People from the SE are in reality helping to build and develop other people's regions cause they are enterprising. I see Kaduna, Kano, Oyo, Ogun way higher than what the combined top 3 from the SE states generate, thats not good enough.

Bestmanfornow:
Those you claimed that generate low IGR are executing more projects still maintain low debt, Anambra built Airport without borrowing, Ogun and Ekiti borrowed billions to build still borrowing So what's the essence, during recession Ogun, Oyo and other states in your region except Lagos were bankrupt and we're bailed out by FG, while Anambra with low IGR wasn't bankrupt
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Basic123:

Your sister okonjo iweala will read this comment and will hate the fact she is IGBO! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

FG only approve a loan when they see that you are rich enough to pay.That is why they talk about debt/GDP ratio.

Well,you will not be saying this rubbish if Anambra miserable IGR is at least up to OYO own..all this unintelligent claims are only consolatory.

Your state is not generating enough to be self sufficient and you are not even sad..mumu πŸ˜†
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

IGR = taxes

The more you tax people, the higher your IGR and lower your standard of living.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by IamAtikulate: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
CorperKola:

I never knew one person can be so stupid
So all the money Nigerians abroad send to Nigeria in dollars every year is capital flight?
Your people are going to their nigerian new york and london which is south west and sending money back home
And you have the audacity to mention capital flight.
You must be really slow.
Some of you Yorubas are illitera.te

Yes, when you send money from Canada to Nigeria, it's capital flight and it's dangerous to the economy of the host country.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
At the end of the day, this is the sad reality in the SE.

Revenue is income and when your income is abysmal and nothing to write home about, you have less resources for progress and development and also social programs and activities.

The SE is sadly very poor and unproductive and this is why the region is unbearable and also why SE people run away from the SE for economic survival elsewhere.

Even sef, if capital flight is so relevant and important than what you contribute elsewhere, why is that capital flight not transforming your towns and villages?

Why are you still running away from your so called capital flight village to places like Ogun state for survival? Why not sit in your capital flight village and enjoy your imagination capital flight.

We are talking about a backward region where people danced and collect Aso Ebi to celebrate JB concrete sign in 2023.

Sad..

2 Likes

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
lol @ the same ignorant and unintelligent rubbish about capital flight.

To start with, you pay taxes, fees including property taxes, license fees and so on to the host government, your daily spending goes into the economy of the host government, but whatever change you send to your village is absolutely irrelevant because that money is not government income or generated revenue, it goes into people's personal accounts and this is one of the many reasons why generated income in the SE is at the bottom.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by Teymanhenry(f): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
plaindealer:

WOW!!!!

They probably got more financial support from the federal government
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
Teymanhenry:

They probably got more financial support from the federal government

What kind of financial support apart from FG allocations that other states also collects?
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by amnesty7: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
plaindealer:

WOW!!!!
That's what happens when you develop other regions and support terrorists in your own.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by Maobichek: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
plaindealer:

You Abia is doing well in terms of productivity, but you left because of the unemployment situation, but employment generates productivity, being productive means people are working and productive.

To tell you the truth Abia to me really should be the most economically vibrant state in the SE, but that's up to the leadership, they need to do more.

Good evening, i didn't say that i left because of unemployment, i was at PHC, Aba and now Abj. I wasn't idle. Many people left their region for Abj because of jobs. The head of my department is from Kwara, ppl from different states work here and we are good, thank you.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by GoodLife4live: 9:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
MrSly:

Yet not better than any South eastern state. Corruption and embezzlement is so predominant in Southwest because they prefer praise mongering to telling truth to power
stop decieving your GUILIBLE unknowledgeable self...
Do u have any better place like dis in the whole of alaigbo ?

1 Share

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by PHAYOL81: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Okay, seen, but Lagos seems to decline some percentage in the period under discussion. I hope they do better going forward. I'm an advocate of multi-dimensional manufacturing capacities, and I hope the committee of SOUTHWEST governors of NIGERIA carefully and objectively look into this.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by lawani: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
plaindealer:
At the end of the day, this is the sad reality in the SE.

Revenue is income and when your income is abysmal and nothing to write home about, you have less resources for progress and development and also social programs and activities.

The SE is sadly very poor and unproductive and this is why the region is unbearable and also why SE people run away from the SE for economic survival elsewhere.

Even sef, if capital flight is so relevant and important than what you contribute elsewhere, why is that capital flight not transforming your towns and villages?

Why are you still running away from your so called capital flight village to places like Ogun state for survival? Why not sit in your capital flight village and enjoy your imagination capital flight.

We are talking about a backward region where people danced and collect Aso Ebi to celebrate JB concrete sign in 2023.

Sad..

The SW is not different from the SE Only Lagos is different in the SW and other states in the SW are not different from the SE. If Ogun were okay, it would have more than half of Lagos revenue. There is therefore no reason to say it only affects the SE
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by lawani: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Niklaus398:

You don't seem to understand. I am not talking about gross population or gross revenue but when you share the revenue collected by government to each person or citizen how much is it? That is the question and Nigeria if you remove Lagos from it will be the least on Earth. So if your revenue per head is the least on Earth, how can you compare yourself with a nation that have the revenue to solve problems?
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2023
lawani:

The SW is not different from the SE Only Lagos is different in the SW and other states in the SW are not different from the SE. If Ogun were okay, it would have more than half of Lagos revenue. There is therefore no reason to say it only affects the SE

So, the SE collectively generated less revenue than Ogun state because Ogun state is not ok?

What's Ogun state not being OK got to do with the whole of SE combined generating less revenue than Ogun state.

Makes no sense.

Beats me why you people come up with all manner of irrelevant and pointless excuses to deflect and justify why the SE is at the bottom of everything.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Niklaus398:

They always have a million and one silly and pointless excuses to justify why their states are poor and generate less than most of the country.

You cannot generate anything meaningful when you have limited income or when your working-age men and women for generations leave and abandon towns and villages to look for opportunities outside your region.

You cannot reap from where you do not contribute, this is common sense.
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Maobichek:

Good evening, i didn't say that i left because of unemployment, i was at PHC, Aba and now Abj. I wasn't idle. Many people left their region for Abj because of jobs. The head of my department is from Kwara, ppl from different states work here and we are good, thank you.

Thanks for the clarification, it just doesn't alter the fact that most working-age igbo men and women always abandon igbo land to look for survival and opportunities outside igboland or the fact that revenue generation in the SE is all the way at the bottom or that Ogun state generated more revenue than the whole of igboland.?
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by lawani: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
plaindealer:

So, the SE collectively generated less revenue than Ogun state because Ogun state is not ok?

What's Ogun state not being OK got to do with the whole of SE combined generating less revenue than Ogun state.

Makes no sense.

Beats me why you people come up with all manner of irrelevant and pointless excuses to deflect and justify why the SE is at the bottom of everything.

Ogun is better than others but if Ogun is not doing half of Lagos they are still behind. Not commendable. Ogun is up to eighty percent of Ebonyi Anambra and Imo by population and it is more industrialized than the combination of the three. If Osun and Anambra are at par or Anambra is higher, why are you then picking on Anambra?. Ogun and Lagos are the only serious states in the West and in Ogun there are companies with five thousand workers all taxpayers at a single location. Nobody is doing what Lagos is doing which is force every company to file PAYE returns and even in Lagos the companies are not reporting up to twenty percent of their wages. They pay fifty thousand naira per month or less when it should have been five hundred thousand naira but they pay because if they don't pay they will be shut down and that is how Lagos is different
Re: 2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone by plaindealer: 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
The funniest rubbish is when they show up and start crying about roads in Ogun state just to dodge the topic and the fact the entire SE generated less revenue than Ogun state alone.

Even talking about roads sef, there are bad roads all over Nigeria including the SE with some of the lousiest and the most horrific roads in Nigeria on top of their poor income.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: PDP Resolves To Change Name After String Of Governorship Losses - This Day / FCT Officials Are Demolishing Dokpesi’s Buildings In Abuja / Hate Speech Bill: Wole Soyinka Writes Nigerian Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.