Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu (14017 Views)

How Atiku Got PDP Ticket After 'firm Confirmation'- Daily Trust / 2019: Tambuwal, Kwankwaso, Saraki Get Nod To Contest PDP Ticket / Meet The 4 Governorship Aspirants Contesting For The Osun PDP Ticket Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Addme: 12:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
Philip Shaibu, the deputy governor of Edo, says no one can stop him from securing the governorship ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of the September 2024 poll.

Amid the political tension between Shaibu and Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo, the deputy governor declared his intention to run for the gubernatorial poll on Monday.

Speaking during a chat with ChannelsTV on Tuesday, Shaibu said “no human” can stop him from contesting the election, adding that it is the turn of his senatorial zone to produce the governor of the state.

He said his ambition to contest is not fuelled by selfishness but because “the destiny of Edo is at stake and destinies are connected. We need an Edo state and a Nigeria where we, the people of Nigeria, can decide,” he said.

I can assure you that I will secure the ticket and my name and the party will be on the ballot. Nothing will happen because my name will be there.

My name will be sent to INEC and I will be the candidate for the party in the election because I don’t do things without checking. I have gone round and consulted and I have been assured.”

Shaibu said if elected governor, he would “bring the government to the level of the people”.

Advertisement
“In my years of experience in government and working with Oserheimen Osunbor, Adams Oshiomhole and the governor, I know what areas to improve,” he said.

“My focus is not on myself. I have a lot of ideas about sports. With sports alone, we can reduce the unemployment level in the state.

“There is also agriculture and integrating Edo civil servants into leadership positions through the capacity building which the governor started.”

https://www.thecable.ng/edo-guber-shaibu-says-no-one-can-stop-him-from-securing-pdp-ticket/amp

3 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Chiefpriestt: 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
This shaibu is likely a stubborn man. Time will tell

20 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Prechgold1180(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Obaseki left the group chat

Oshiomhole go just Dey one corner they watch he frenemies fight

Meanwhile

Tin peak milk is now 650 in my area

Mk person nur go faint for this country

35 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Yankiss(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
Yes, in the footsteps of Godwin Nogheghase Obaseki. He did not bow to Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole. Edo are notably stubborn. If he succeeds, he shall have rewritten his story. We had Chief Akin Omoboriowo of Old Ondo State who upstaged his principal then Gov, chief Adekunle Ajasin and rigged him out but was removed by court. The total vote cast for Chief Omoboriowo was far bigger than number of voters in then Ondo. grin grin

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by money121(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ok ooo

Mr Ojelu

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Donaldoni: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
The battle line has been drawn cheesy

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
Normally empty vessel's make loudest noise

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by DARLINGTON869(m): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
Obaseki should rest and allow shuaibu breath. There's no law anywhere restricting his deputy from contesting the gubernatorial election. Weda he wins or loses the election is up to him and the pipu of Edo state.

8 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Padipadi(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
A slap to the face of Hallbarsellkey!
He's kukuma ugly before so Edos are tired if his face

4 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Obviouslyblunt: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
Lol
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Femisol(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
Oya nau

Tatatatatataaaaaaa!!!!

Yahaya Bello don give Shaibu night tutorial grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by SouthSouth1914: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2023

“My name will be sent to INEC and I will be the candidate for the party in the election because I don’t do things without checking. I have gone round and consulted and I have been assured.”

How do you expect his candidature to work for the people when he has been assured by ghost godfathers. When you work under someone, you have to be loyal and keep your flex. What happened to Edevbie in Delta State may befall him.

4 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Maj196(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
Edo governors been ugly since 300AD

3 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Stephench: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Esan people no come get mouth for Edo. Na wa
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by sunny1729: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dey play
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Typing: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Obaseki no get levels grin

7 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Henix(m): 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good luck to him

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by crossfm: 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hehehe.

Of course nobody can stop you, but the people of Edo will stop you from winning the election.

For peace, equity and fairness let power go back to Edo central.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by iamjagars: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
We don hear
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by 43Ronin: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
we know ur plan is to divide PDP so that APC can win. you have already crossed-over secretly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Paraman: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
E really sure for shaibu o. Obaseki won't let him get the ticket
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by blackmantis: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Edo people over to you. You never had a. Governor as good as Oshiomole.

Shuiabu to me is not the man Edo needs right now.

6 Likes

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Tuzzyjohnson(m): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Kaa4(m): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
He may likely be one the very few deputies to succeed his princpal. Obaseki should reward his loyalty
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Kukutenla: 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
Typing:
Obaseki no get levels grin
The walloping he gave you guys since the time of Osho-pikin still hurts till today eh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by Xbox2005(m): 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
The battle line has been drawn.Obaseki that is very vindictive in nature will not allow you to amount to anything politically.Although,we know shaibu is rugged and a grounded politician but it's not gonna be easy to win pdp ticket come February next year

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by fatherjesse(m): 12:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ok o
Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by MeineMutter: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
… a lot of ideas about sports?

Sports? I laugh in Uromi.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by NJV: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Obaseki should rest and allow shuaibu breath. There's no law anywhere restricting his deputy from contesting the gubernatorial election. Weda he wins or loses the election is up to him and the pipu of Edo state.

God bless you there.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Stop Me From Securing PDP Ticket: Shaibu by 1gbdata: 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2023
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Democracy Day Celebration In Imo State / Incumbency Didn’t Save Jonathan, It Won’t Save Obaseki In Edo Election – APC / No Party Can Beat PDP, Jonathan Boasts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.