Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

The Fifth Commandment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fifth Commandment (86 Views)

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / This Is The Commandment For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fifth Commandment by topshore(f): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
Scripture Text: Exodus 20:12

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee"- The fifth commandment Ex. 20:12

I believe that this word is for someone who needs to make things right with their parents so they can get the blessing of a long life. God says in His Word that honouring our parents will lead us to the Promised Land, where we will live for a long time and be happy.

What can we do to honour our parents?
There are different ways to honour our parents, whether they are still living or have died.

1. Forgiving them is the first step. Your parents may have hurt your feelings or made bad choices about your life that are now having a bad effect on your future. So that God's kindness can reach you, you need to forgive them like Jesus did for us sinners in Luke 23:34.

2. By giving them positive feedback. You should always say nice things about your parents, even if they are dead or not. This is especially important in public places. No matter how badly you think your parents have hurt you, you must not insult or talk badly about them. God's fifth commandment will be broken if you do this (Exodus 21:15–17; Leviticus 20:9).

3. Show your parents respect in public and in private. You can privately tell your parents how much you appreciate the good qualities they have taught you, or you can write them a formal tribute about what you have learned about them in terms of love, honesty, bravery, duty, hard work, loyalty, saving money, being active, not failing to care about you as a person, and being honest. The fact that you care about them will make them very happy and proud.

4. Ask your parents for help when things get tough. You will be very kind to your parents if you trust them enough to ask for help when things go wrong. They will feel so honoured that you want their advice and help on important life issues (Proverbs 20:29; Job 12:12). The Bible says that knowledge comes with old age.

5. Helping your parents out Being there for your parents with love, care, money, health care, other basic needs, and most importantly, companionship, will show them you respect them. Even if you don't have enough money to take care of your parents, you should still call or visit them often.

6. Another way to respect your parents is to take care of them. Your parents took care of you when you were a child. That's right, you should take care of them for the rest of their lives. The Bible says that you are worse than an unbeliever if you don't take care of your family (Mark 7:9–13).

Brethren, if you want to do the things above, you need to have the mindset of Christ. To have the thought of Christ, you have to be like Christ and have His traits.

What should you do to be like Christ?

1. You must be born again (John 3:3).
2. Turn away from your sins and ask God to forgive you (Matthew 4:17).
3. Pay attention to and follow the commands of God (Isaiah 1:19).
4. Be humble in the eyes of the Lord (Philippians 2:cool.
5. Ephesians 5:2 says to love others as you love yourself.
6. Walk in the Spirit (Galatians 5:16).
7. Keep doing what's right (Galatians 6:9).
8. Every day, take up your cross and follow Christ (Matthew 16:24).
9. Read the Bible, think about what it says, and pray every day. Do not leave it (Joshua 1:cool. Spend time with God every day through His Word, prayer, and faithfulness.

God bless you in the Mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now. Come into my life, Lord. Take control of my life and change my world." I leave the devil behind and enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You, Jesus. In your powerful name, I pray, amen."

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read: https://flatimes.com/mfm-devotional-22-november-2023-honor-your-parents/.
Re: The Fifth Commandment by Dtruthspeaker: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
topshore:
Scripture Text: Exodus 20:12

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee"- The fifth commandment Ex. 20:12

I believe that this word is for someone who needs to make things right with their parents so they can get the blessing of a long life. God says in His Word that honouring our parents will lead us to the Promised Land, where we will live for a long time and be happy.

What can we do to honour our parents?
There are different ways to honour our parents, whether they are still living or have died.

1. Forgiving them is the first step. Your parents may have hurt your feelings or made bad choices about your life that are now having a bad effect on your future. ....

How do you proceed in a case where your parents hated you from birth and have been trying to kill you both physically (but God always frustrated their plans) so they tried getting you to kill yourself by setting you up in different ways to kill yourself?

(1) (Reply)

Decency Is The New Swag / Is It Good To Use Rock Or Secular Music Sounds To Form Worship Songs To God? / Kidney And Liver Problem Quashed And Destroyed By The GOD Of CHOSEN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.