Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... (1344 Views)

Peter Obi's Response To Soludo's Attack At Lagos Business School (Video) / IPOB Kills 3 FRSC Officers In Anambra As Warning To Soludo (Graphic Photos) / Governor Obiano Hands Over To Soludo (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
I'm posting this here specifically because of what Soludo is doing in Anambra. I don't know wether black man is cursed or they can't reason with their head because this is not a matter of innovation as this has been there all along but still we fail to use it.

How can Soludo use the scarce space for road and be doing walkway and still leave the drainage open? So he cannot see how it's done in other countries even developing ones?.

He should use slabs and cover the drainages thereby creating walkways and saving space. If correctly done,
then there wouldn't be need to construct new drainages each time they want to reconstruct the road. Pictures on how it's done below.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
Note: this is how to construct the drainage for easy fitting...... See how provision for the slabs were made.

The holes on the slabs are for easy opening in case the drainage is stuck so it can be cleaned.....

2 Likes

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lastly nobody should use this rubbish as slab before ekwensu akpoo mmadu oku..........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by SeeWahala: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
I have noticed that yorubas have been dredging Anambra media for news to paint soludo in bad light.

They are doing this in preparation for the next election so that when soludo declares for president they will immediately start resurrecting all the threads of abuses and call outs that they had made over the years against soludo while disguising as Anambra residents.

Same as they did for Peter obi but their mistake during Obi's own was that they only had one single thread standing against him here.

Now I have counted nothing less than 20 threads against soludo already

These yoruba ronu people self grin

6 Likes

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by cadmanspize: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
Supposed difference ofcourse for both new & old cities. Lets just hope somethinig like this for Awka 2.0, Onitsha 2.0 and the upcoming Industral Cities.

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
Soludo style lol, he needs to do better........you can't be using road space for walkway......

He can actually tell the contractor to make the slabs longer so it could be placed parallel to the drainage channel. This would mk the work faster......

At least all the intra city roads should be covered.

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
cadmanspize:
Supposed difference ofcourse for both new & old cities. Lets just hope somethinig like this for Awka 2.0, Onitsha 2.0 and the upcoming Industral Cities.

Actually there's nothing difficult in achieving this all round the city, the drainages should just be reconstructed to fit in the slabs......
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by cadmanspize: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

Actually there's nothing difficult in achieving this all round the city, the drainages should just be reconstructed to fit in the slabs......

ANSG built some drainages like that, e.g Amansea road.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
cadmanspize:

ANSG built some drainages like that, e.g Amansea road.

I'd like to see the pictures if u have them. At least let it not be like they are ignorant......
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Phantom233: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
The disadvantages of these slaps far outweighs the advantages especially in Nigeria where maintenance culture is an eye sore. I bet you in two years the entire gutters will be filled with sand and refuse and government hardly desilt it so it's better they keep it open or partly covered

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Unbiased1: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
The disadvantages of these slaps far outweighs the advantages especially in Nigeria where maintenance culture is an eye sore. I bet you in two years the entire gutters will be filled with sand and refuse and government hardly desilt it so it's better they keep it open or partly covered

So if the gutters are opened, they won't be filled with sand and refuse? I'm still trying to understand how some of you reason honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
One of the many duties of the ministry of environment is to keep the drainages clean.. I don't know what they do the the allocation they often get...

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:

There's nothing like disadvantage or advantage here, we should make our cities look modern. This is even the simple underground drainage. Cities like New York and Chicago use more complex ones.

If it fills up, it should be desilted just as they desilt the open ones.

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Phantom233: 1:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Unbiased1:

So if the gutters are opened, they won't be filled with sand and refuse? I'm still trying to understand how some of you reason honestly.
it's very important for you to examine your IQ before commenting. Gutters/drainages that are open can easily be desilt or maintained by the public without waiting for government contracts.

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Phantom233: 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

There's nothing like disadvantage or advantage here, we should make our cities look modern. This is even the simple underground drainage. Cities like New York and Chicago use more complex ones.

If it fills up, it should be desilted just as they desilt the open ones.
An enlightened person shouldn't compare an extremely corrupt country like Nigeria to an advance state governed by sound intelligent people. Even Ghana is a far better and organized than us. There's nobody that will make the drainage to look like New York cos even the so called ministry of environment are benefiting from the rots. When it's sanitation days , go out and clean your drainage .

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:

An enlightened person shouldn't compare an extremely corrupt country like Nigeria to an advance state governed by sound intelligent people. Even Ghana is a far better and organized than us. There's nobody that will make the drainage to look like New York cos even the so called ministry of environment are benefiting from the rots. When it's sanitation days , go out and clean your drainage .

Nothing concerns corruption with this, there's corruption but they are constructing roads, they should have left the roads because there's corruption.

If they could do road with walkways, there's nothing stopping them from covering the drainages up. It might just be that it didn't cross their mind. It's just for the Governor to tell the contractor, this is what I want, they will implement it.

Hell Kaduna, Jos, even Enugu has some roads like that it's not rocket science......

2 Likes

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Catapault: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

Nothing concerns corruption with this, there's corruption but they are constructing roads, they should have left the roads because there's corruption.

If they could do road with walkways, there's nothing stopping them from covering the drainages up. It might just be that it didn't cross their mind. It's just for the Governor to tell the contractor, this is what I want, they will implement it.

Hell Kaduna, Jos, even Enugu has some roads like that it's not rocket science......

The state govt gets away with it because the people know no better.

If the people demand and expect better, the govt will deliver.

For now, most people in Anambra don’t even know that a road MUST have sidewalks.

They think it’s natural for pedestrians to walk on the tarred road with an open gutter on the side.

Soludo KNOWS the right way to build it, having lived abroad for years, but he is corrupt and is also cutting corners with the contractor so they can all chop.

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:

And I never said it should be like that of New York, although it's not a crime if it's like that. We are not animals but humans. New York uses deep under ground sewage system but this is just a simple drainage with cover.

Even Awka Millennium city has it stop condoning mediocrity.......

2 Likes

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by christejames(m): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
I understand your frustration but let's cut Soludo some slacks, the cost of construction now is on the high and Anambra has so many roads that need face-lift...

Rather, he should adopt the modern design of using precast covered slabs and drainage for selected parts of the cities

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Phantom233: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

And I never said it should be like that of New York, although it's not a crime if it's like that. We are not animals but humans. New York uses deep under ground sewage system but this is just a simple drainage with cover.

Even Awka Millennium city has it stop condoning mediocrity.......
there's no state that doesn't have these fantasy drainage of yours but my point is that due to our poor maintenance culture it will eventually get filedup and abandoned by the relevant authorities . The manjor disadvantages of this covered drainage is that it's difficult to take off the covers to desilt the refuses.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
there's no state that doesn't have these fantasy drainage of yours but my point is that due to our poor maintenance culture it will eventually get filedup and abandoned by the relevant authorities . The manjor disadvantages of this covered drainage is that it's difficult to take off the covers to desilt the refuses.

Oga stop capping thrash. So because it's difficult to desilt drainage we shouldn't upgrade to modern cities.

They should do it first, you are not the governor nor the contractor yet you are worrying about how to desilt drainage when it hasn't even been covered.

People that are doing it don't have three heads.

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by AcademicWriter: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
Lastly nobody should use this rubbish as slab before ekwensu akpoo mmadu oku............
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Catapault: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Personally, to me, any governor that builds a road in a place where people live or work, without sidewalks for pedestrians and covered drains, SHOULD BE STONED TO DEATH.

Then the others will learn by force.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by seanfer(m): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:
Lastly nobody should use this rubbish as slab before ekwensu akpoo mmadu oku..........

Even Julius Berger is still using that old fashioned slabs.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Catapault: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
seanfer:

Even Julius Berger is still using that old fashioned slabs.

Because we let them build rubbish. They can never build it like that in Germany, their country.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by seanfer(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Catapault:

Because we let them build rubbish. They can never build it like that in Germany, their country.

Our leaders know the right thing to do... But the wickedness in us won't let us do the best.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Phantom233: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

Oga stop capping thrash. So because it's difficult to desilt drainage we shouldn't upgrade to modern cities.

They should do it first, you are not the governor nor the contractor yet you are worrying about how to desilt drainage when it hasn't even been covered.

People that are doing it don't have three heads.
It's like you don't have a handwork eles you'll be thinking of better things other than drainage covers ,I rest my case on you.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Starcrest1: 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:

It's like you don't have a handwork eles you'll be thinking of better things other than drainage covers ,I rest my case on you.

No rest, continue writing rubbish. Na your type go oppose the construction of road because accidents will happen on smooth road therefore roads should not be constructed.

Useless excuses everywhere........
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Phantom233: 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

No rest, continue writing rubbish. Na your type go oppose the construction of road because accidents will happen on smooth road therefore roads should not be constructed.

You need a handwork my brother. Joblessness is telling on you.

1 Like

Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by Unbiased1: 8:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
it's very important for you to examine your IQ before commenting. Gutters/drainages that are open can easily be desilt or maintained by the public without waiting for government contracts.

Stop writing rubbish please. Even benin republic does not construct roads with open gutters. Stop providing excuses for nonsense practices. Those slabs can easily be removed for cleaning. No serious city concerned about tourism, health and waste management constructs roads with open gutters in 2023.
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by nedu666: 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Starcrest1:

The way some people defend backwardness is unbelievable. If Benin Republic can have covered drainage, Kingston Jamaica can have convered drainage. Why should covered drainage be rocket science in Nigeria
Re: Using Slabs As Drainage Covering. A Message To Soludo... by StarRiderr: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
then what is the work of so called relevant authority nawa for some people oo we are on 21'st century for crying out loud

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Google Call Dangote "Owner" Of Nigeria / ThìsGlobe.com Niger Delta Oil Was used To Develop Igbo area over $150 billion / Presidency Releases Video Of Tinubu Strolling To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.