Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu (8415 Views)

Student Loan: Nigeria Students On Thank You Visit To President Bola Tinubu / Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / President Tinubu Signs Student Loan Bill Into Law (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Scoutvibe: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2023
post=127229089:

It is always good and refreshing to see we still have reasonable members like you on this platform.
God bless your parents for giving us a King like you.
God bless you and all sane, honest and sensible Nairalanders like you.

Student loan is irrelevant?
Illiteracy is not a disease,
It is something worse!
Tueh
You are not a student currently and that why you think you are free from this ABI. Relax what goes around comes around.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Brushstrokes20: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2023
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique Justwise.
Rule 2.
You just broke another rule by posting with an alternate account grin
No peace for the wicked.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by NOwazobia: 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
Scam from the beginning, and scam the end will be.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Blaze14k:

Monkey dey work baboon dey chop, useless sombori na u abi na ur papa go access d loan ozuo
I don't know you and you don't know me and na my father you dey abuse, it shows you lack a father figure in your life and you're very frustrated with life as well as an indicator to your comments on people post here .... God go give you peace of mind....
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Blaze14k: 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
I don't know you and you don't know me and na my father you dey abuse, it shows you lack a father figure in your life and you're very frustrated with life as well.... God go give you peace of mind....

No be only peace of mind na piss for brain. Una no dey smart at all empty skull read requirements to access the loan ozuo
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Babastrong(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
I pray they don't request for 2 level 14 government workers as surety before the child of nobody can have access to the loan.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by WorldRichest: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Mumu president.

Let's see your biological father.

1 Like

Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Blaze14k:

No be only peace of mind na piss for brain. Una no dey smart at all empty skull read requirements to access the loan ozuo
you go just kill yourself with toxicity, 90 percent of your comments here na to dey attack people wey no sabi you...... nawa for you oooo... na only God know wetin you dey pass through wey body just dey pepper you like this 🤣
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Blitzking: 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
How much max...how much min
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Blaze14k: 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
you go just kill yourself with toxicity, 90 percent of your comments here na to dey attack people wey no sabi you...... nawa for you oooo... na only God know wetin you dey pass through

Stupid loots when we warned u didn't listen now u are cool like ice water playing innocent. I will abuse u till that remaining part of your brain that is almost start to function. Na tribalism go kill u dia ozuo
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂 may God give you peace of mind o, chai e no easy o kpele
Blaze14k:

Stupid loots when we warned u didn't listen now u are cool like ice water playing innocent. I will abuse u till that remaining part of your brain that is almost start to function. Na tribalism go kill u dia ozuo
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Blaze14k: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
😂😂😂😂😂 may God give you peace of mind o, chai e no easy o

I dey beg u na piss for brain u get.. even ur grandfada dey 4 grave dey regret ur existence ozuo. U go still vote still vote nonsense if hunger neva kill by den
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
😂😂😂😂😂 atutupoyoyo
Blaze14k:

I dey beg u na piss for brain u get.. even ur grandfada dey 4 grave dey regret ur existence ozuo. U go still vote still vote nonsense if hunger neva kill by den
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Blaze14k: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
😂😂😂😂😂 atutupoyoyo

U dey laugh at ur ignorance. Monika show how useless u are. Fuk boy 😂😂😂🏃🏃🏃🏃
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Fujiyama: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
Johncuppa:
The way we stood with Buhari, thinking he knew what he was doing and the result will later shew forth, until he ended his tenure before Knowing only Osinbajo was the good head in the cabinet.

^^^
Buhari and Osinbajo were the same thing.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Godsownfc(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
They want to turn students to loan borrowers. Why can't they use the loan to subsidize education?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Villa12(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
JuanWilmore:
I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to share my insights on the recent announcement regarding the commencement of student loans in the 2024 budget, as outlined by President Tinubu.

Firstly, it's crucial to recognize the potential impact this decision could have on the education sector. While the introduction of student loans may provide financial support to students, it also raises questions about the long-term consequences. It would be interesting to understand the specific terms and conditions attached to these loans, such as interest rates, repayment periods, and eligibility criteria.

Moreover, the success of such a program relies heavily on effective implementation and management. The government should ensure that the application process is transparent, accessible, and fair to all eligible students. Additionally, there should be mechanisms in place to address potential issues like loan defaults and financial hardship.

I'm curious to hear from fellow forum members about their opinions on this development. Do you think the introduction of student loans is a positive step towards supporting education, or are there concerns about the potential challenges it might pose for students in the long run?

Let's engage in a constructive discussion to better understand the implications and potential outcomes of this significant policy shift.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
There are no job opportunities in Nigeria. Most graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. How will they repay the loan and interest within the stipulated time?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Okoroawusa: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nathan2016:
Countries that is doing student loan is still in trillion dollar debt and a country like Nigeria wakes up and says its the best.

Why not subsidize education?
Education in Nigeria is currently heavily subsidized even the private ones.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by commoditiesnig: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good news for our higher institution students
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Pacesetterz: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Villa12:
There are no job opportunities in Nigeria. Most graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. How will they repay the loan and interest within the stipulated time?

Tell those u can tell not to collect any loan...the economy will not be the same like as when u where given the loan. The heavy inflation will make repaying the loan impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Rooneyx(f): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique Justwise.
Rule 2.
. Kiss my AsS. Sorry. aSS.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Tayorshd87: 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
Scoutvibe:

Why not he use the same money to subsidize education in Nigeria. Implementing policy that will give way to corruption still yet the students will continue suffering.
Your sha in a way suffer the pains of the students and the parents just a matter of time I bet you
..I understand you buh most countries we termed developed nation these are what they are doing in essence ..
And don't forget they are also trying to stop the strike ASU sticking palav because with this nothing will happen again
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Tayorshd87: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
omooba969:

I want to believe that you're educated but in all honesty do you think Nigeria is actually ready for this and why don't you ask how the student loan scheme is going to be funded. What is the leverage in case of deficit.

How's the scheme gonna be implemented, will a Botany or Theatre art student be eligible knowing well that there is no job opportunity for him upon completion of uni. He's definitely gonna be in debt.

You guys need to start tasking your brains.

Shior!

I understand you and am well educated but what do you have to say about assu strike that will make 4 years course to be 8years 😢 and yet people blame the government for such so all this loans and strategies are to stop 🛑 this manhunts on education...

Besides these are what other developed nations are using and yet things are fine with them .

We need to change d system and now it's going to commence
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by NaijaSumigan: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2023
Alesh247:
President Bola Tinubu's commitment to implementing student loans in January 2024, as outlined in the 2024 Appropriation Bill, reflects a positive focus on addressing education sector challenges. The proposed Budget of Renewed Hope signals intent for job-rich economic growth. The specific emphasis on starting the student loan initiative promptly, if the budget is passed, indicates a dedication to timely action. However, the success of this plan will depend on effective execution and allocation of resources. The high turnout of federal lawmakers suggests a keen interest in the proposed budget, underscoring the importance of these policy initiatives for the nation.

How much is 1gb of glo data
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by olatuns2017: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
marlow1962:
All na wash.
Even if you get access to the loan, you will remain a debtor to the family of tinubu, just like how lagosians are debtors to that family.

Education is DEAD in Nigeria, just have that at the back of your mind.

It's Tinubu that will credit your account and it's Tinubu you will return the loan to.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Brush1: 8:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
How will the loan be repaid? Getting people into debt. If this was a kind government, they would have done student grant and not loan. May you all die a miserable death, very mean people .
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Johncuppa(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
Buhari and Osinbajo were the same thing.
Buhari and Osinbajo were never the same thing.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Chiefpriestt: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
post=127229157:

Na dem!
Nothing good makes them happy in life.
They are always bitter and full of hatred and shenanigans towards our darling nation.
Make God heal una souls o.
Hatred kills faster than HIV.
MAY NIGERIA FAVOUR THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN and pray for HER.

We Rise.
This low life thinks he's sane but you're brain dead. Keep being a zombie
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Blesssedchild: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good development. May it favour all the students.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by Fujiyama: 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Johncuppa:

Buhari and Osinbajo were never the same thing.
Osinbajo missing the APC ticket was the reason for birthing obedient.
Peter Obi will not get a single vote in the Southwest and the northern Nigeria, including the south - south if Osinbajo had gotten the ticket.
So, you people should be calming down, not everything is emotional.

^^^

I have said absolutely nothing about Peter Obi. He has nothing to do with this discussion. Nothing at all.

I stand by my comments on Osinbajo. He was the vice president in an administration that miserably failed Nigerians in every way, shape and form and it is laughable that some of you want to rewrite history to favour him. It will not happen. You cannot remove Osinbajo from the failed equation that was the Buhari administration and the APC for the past 9 years. He was with Buhari from 'top to bottom', take it or leave it.

This nonsense of bringing in Peter Obi into the discussion - for absolutely no reason exposes the lack of depth in your argument. I have no time for filthy partisan politics. Instead of asking Osinbajo to atone for his silence in the face of the widespread slaughter of indigenous Christian farming communities across Nigeria during the Buhari years (a slaughter that is still going on as we speak) you are telling me tales about Obidients and APC tickets and voting parts in Western and Northern Nigeria. Who cares about all that? undecided

Osinbajo stood by and did nothing while terrorists ran riot across this country - and they are still hard at work. He is a man of the cloth and he had a duty of care to these hard hit Christian communities in North Central Nigeria and beyond. If he was genuinely appalled at the targeted elimination of people of his faith, why didn't he resign all those years ago? undecided

Rubbish.
Re: 2024 Budget: Student Loan Commences January — President Tinubu by M0M0SHIKI: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
Very wise politician Tinubu, appeasing Nigerian students because they're young enough to damn the consequences of another end sars protest and
Old enough to cause even greater damage than the 2020 protest, pacify them the rest will fall in line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajaero: Most Governors In Review Committee Not Paying Minimum Wage / Fasehun’s OPC Threatens To Expel Gani Adams / Witch Doctor Makes Shocking Revelation About Prophet TB Joshua,calls him This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.