Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 (36186 Views)

Lagos Tops List Of Highly Indebted States With N797b. Delta, Ogun, Rivers Follow / DMO Releases List Of Indebted States And How Much They Owe / Lagos Leads Highly Indebted States With More Than N1 Trillion Debts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by horsepower102: 3:34am On Nov 30, 2023
🇳🇬MOST INDEBTED STATES - JUN 2023

1 🟣Lagos: ₦1.97 trillion
2 🔴Kaduna: ₦525.9 billion
3 🟤Delta: ₦511.3 billion
4 🟣Ogun: ₦379.2 billion
5 🟤Edo: ₦325.1 billion
6 🟤Cross river: ₦322.0 billion
7 🟤Rivers: ₦290.2 billion
8 🟢Imo: ₦280.8 billion
9 ⚫Bauchi: ₦278.7 billion
10 🟤Akwa Ibom: ₦233.1 billion

Source: Statisense via (DMO)

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Depriest2020: 3:39am On Nov 30, 2023
Mostly southern Nigeria with nothing much to show for it.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by horsepower102: 3:43am On Nov 30, 2023
Some states on the list have both high IGR and high federal allocations yet they are drowning in debt

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Racoon(m): 3:45am On Nov 30, 2023
Delta state ought not to be on that list. Same with Akwa Ibom. So much allocation but poor IGR hence economically unviable.

Meanwhile Lagos as usual remains a paradox. Generating so much but with grossly less to show for it. This is why GDP: debt ratio is a more reliable index of economic development than IGR.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:17am On Nov 30, 2023
Racoon:
Delta state ought not to be on that list. Same with Akwa Ibom. So much allocation but poor IGR hence economically unviable.

Meanwhile Lagos as usual remains a paradox. Generating so much but with grossly less to show for it. This is why GDP: debt ratio is a more reliable index of economic development than IGR.
Am even surprised to see Lagos state on that list, and even Rivers.What happened to those states to place them on the red list, must be very serious, and not a joking matter.
For these two states with very high IGR capacity to be there.

24 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by IVORY2009(m): 6:22am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:
Some states on the list have both high IGR and high federal allocations yet they are drowning in debt

State like Delta was not suppose to be in that list, despite being an oli producing state, due to high corruption, there is nothing to show for it.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Bestmanfornow: 6:26am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:
The dodomayanas from Southwest hate to see this list, grin very dumbo brains next is to mention US and China, they always trying to use IGR to cover shame, while their leaders borrow to pay salary, I don't know when these guys go get sense, every year same stupidity grin grin

They enjoy borrowing, I pity Nigerians, by the time they are through Nigeria will be most indebted country in the world with nothing to show for

69 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by SoNature(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Meanwhile, what is that APC criminal in Imo State government house doing with all the money he borrows for the state?

Some people have already set themselves up for eternal condemnation while on earth.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by MEEVEET: 6:38am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:
Most indebted states
Remove Akwa in on there Nigeria still owe them 2 trillion naira plus

Disputed oil well revenue payment
Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by victorclean(f): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2023
Agbadorians will soon attack the author

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by horsepower102: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

Remove Akwa in on there Nigeria still owe them 2 trillion naira plus

Disputed oil well revenue payment

Really? I doubt that money will ever be paid by federal government

5 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by MEEVEET: 7:07am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:

Really? I doubt that money will ever be paid by federal government
Yes that is why Akwa Ibom borrow against that money and send the debtors to FB

That state is the best state in Nigeria in terms of financial state

They just haven't had smart leaders who would build a their human capital development

Building roads won't do it, building factories won't do it either

1 Like

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by horsepower102: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

They just haven't had smart leaders who would build a their human capital development

They should channel all political energy to open Ibom port and watch massive investments and jobs pour into that state.

If what you say about the debt being sent to the federal government is true, then that’s the wisest decision. I didn’t know that it could be done that way.

11 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by MEEVEET: 7:31am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:

They should channel all political energy to open Ibom port and watch massive investments and jobs pour into that state.

If what you say about the debt being sent to the federal government is true, then that’s the wisest decision. I didn’t know that it could be done that way.
Ibom port won't work for same reason lekki sea port won't work

Until the law is change to allow everyone import anything from any port

That's the Koko

Soludo wanted to build pharmaceutical industrial layout in Anambra as minimum 60% of local pharmaceutical companies are owned by igbos

They told him the truth... Pharmaceutical and chemicals can only be imported through apapa not even tincan

That's why they are all in Lagos and Ogun

Such laws are the main reasons investors are holding back

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Seefinish: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:
Tinubu's Lagos you mean?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Ogene001: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

All the money in Akwa ibom end up in Aba

7 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by horsepower102: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

That's the Koko

Soludo wanted to build pharmaceutical industrial layout in Anambra as minimum 60% of local pharmaceutical companies are owned by igbos

They told him the truth... Pharmaceutical and chemicals can only be imported through apapa not even tincan

I am not doubting anything you said above but it will be nice if you can refer me to any source. Some people like to pretend that their region is not actively holding this country backwards.

16 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by MEEVEET: 7:57am On Nov 30, 2023
Ogene001:

All the money in Akwa ibom end up in Aba
Aba and Onitsha

3 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Ogene001: 7:58am On Nov 30, 2023
MEEVEET:

That's the Koko

That's why I laugh at yorubas making mouth. SW needs Nigeria more than Nigeria needs SW

20 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by forgiveness: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2023
Ogene001:

That's why I laugh at yorubas making mouth. SW needs Nigeria more than Nigeria needs SW

Before the entity called Nigeria, SW already had Lagos port and it was generating billions of naira (based on current evaluation). I am talking about as far back as 1890s. Look the list below to see those inhabiting Lagos then.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Tjra: 8:17am On Nov 30, 2023
Ogene001:

shocked

3 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Ogene001: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2023
forgiveness:

Before the entity called Nigeria, SW already had Lagos port and it was generating billions of naira (based on current evaluation). I am talking about as far back as 1890s. Look the list below to see those inhabiting Lagos then.

By 1890s Lagos is already very cosmopolitan. Stop posting rubbish computer typed document

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Ogene001: 8:20am On Nov 30, 2023
Tjra:

shocked
Without Nigeria, brown roof will overtake Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by forgiveness: 9:53am On Nov 30, 2023
Ogene001:

By 1890s Lagos is already very cosmopolitan. Stop posting rubbish computer typed document

Yes but without.. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by shadrach77: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2023
I would have been surprised if Lagos wasn't on the list. What people should realise about life is that the richest people/countries etc are also the most indebted. Wealth is built through debt ironically wink

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by Gadafii: 10:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Ogun IGR is bigger than the top 3 south eastern states, yet debt wan kill ogun state, same as Lagos and na just one top3 eastern states dey this list of debtors

7 Likes

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by bigdammyj: 10:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Reading...
Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by oz4real83(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2023
I am trying to picture my mind to see what is in my state Edo that will warrant such level of indebtedness, unfortunately, nothing is coming up embarassed

1 Like

Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by YoungLionken(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Politicians stealing the commonwealth of the nation doesn't really amaze and amuse me, what does is seeing Nigerians blindly supporting/defending these evil doers without seeing anything wrong..

Nigerian politicians no longer practise bribery and corruption, they practise witchcraft and evil against the masses but everyone seems blindfolded except me cool..

I now begin to wonder if it's just me or there's something ongoing that I don't understand cheesy...
Re: Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 by EmperorCaesar(m): 10:26am On Nov 30, 2023
horsepower102:

What about the USA...isnt this identical to their economic stand?

How Igbos believe Statisense data when it favors them and how they easily lose confidence in it when it doesn't is really astonishing

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose: Buhari Just Making Noise On Corruption. The Cable. / Dapo Abiodun To Contest For Ogun Governorship (Photos) / Gunmen Attack Prince Tonye Princewill's Home In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.