Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? (436 Views)

Salaries Of South-West Obas Before Independence (Pictured) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi: Killer Herdsmen Will Soon Be Kicked Out Of South-west / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Hendrixky: 6:41am On Nov 30, 2023
Are the people of South west becoming to emotional and tribalistic

I thought they only do this when it comes to politics but it is now obvious that even the educated ones still don't know history
Even when the oba akiolu came out to say it years ago still these people still looking for ways to display thier emotional and tribalistic nature

Words like oshodin, Eko, idumota are all Bini words

Are they saying oba akiolu is stupid

Even akiolu says that one of the greetings the yorubas use in the Palace by raising up thier hand and also rubing their palm together 👏 is a way of showing respect to the Benin Palace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Isobug: 6:43am On Nov 30, 2023
Yes
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Obiedun(m): 6:44am On Nov 30, 2023
The people of the south west are accommodating. You pushed them to the wall

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by 1TrippleCee: 6:52am On Nov 30, 2023
Hendrixky:

I thought they only do this when it comes to politics but it is now obvious that even the educated ones still don't know history
Even when the oba akiolu came out to say it years ago still these people still looking for ways to display thier emotional and tribalistic nature

Add Idumagbo
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by ariy(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2023
It looked like that but it is not so
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by victorclean(f): 6:57am On Nov 30, 2023
Not the right word. Are their foolishness becoming irreversibly gangrenous?.

Don't you think generational transfer of mal developed brain cells is worst than death?... I just ask questions and no attack

2 Likes

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Hendrixky: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

By default, they're so emotional and weak. That's the reason Fulanis butchers as many of them and chased them away from their land and instead of them to retaliate, they ran away to Benin republic, they cried and cried and beg, same Fulanis came back and claimed Illorin, banned their ancestral isese festival, all they do is to cry and become so emotional.

See how they're crying all over cyberspace because of what oba of Benin said, see how they're obsessed

about the Igbos because they prosper than them in their land hence they hate the Igbos with passion and become so emotional because they can't measure up with the Igbo tribe.

Despite their brother being the number one citizen of the country, they so insecure. So much for them. I pity them seriously.

The thing is becoming too annoying

The oba akiolu said that already years ago

Are they saying that oba akiolu is stupid

1 Like

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Mbanda(m): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Obiedun:
I hate it when yorubas use the word "accommodating". Why did they attack Igbos and niger deltans during the 2023 general elections if they are truly accommodating?

This are the people that rejoiced in 1970 when they heard that Igbos are back to Nigeria after the civil war. Today they want igbos out of lagos that is not even their own.

2 Likes

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by mightyhaze: 7:09am On Nov 30, 2023
Since bat 'win',we no dey hear word again... grin

1 Like

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by raskymonojendor: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Yes they are now more conservative and proud.

If you call it tribalistic, that's your problem cool

7 Likes

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Hendrixky: 7:12am On Nov 30, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Yes they are now more conservative and proud.

If you call it tribalistic, that's your problem cool

It is called illiteracy, unexposure, tribalism

Are you saying oba akiolu is stupid?

2 Likes

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by raskymonojendor: 7:17am On Nov 30, 2023
Hendrixky:

It is called illiteracy, unexposure, tribalism

Are you saying oba akiolu is stupid?
And would your crying and gnashing of teeth on Nairaland make them more Liberal like you would have preferred?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:20am On Nov 30, 2023
Obiedun:
It's good they have been pushed to the wall. They have been too nice. Now they have woken up.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by LagosG: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2023
victorclean:
Not the right word. Are their foolishness becoming irreversibly gangrenous?.

Don't you think generational transfer of mal developed brain cells is worst than death?... I just ask questions and no attack
No sense whatsoever inside your skull
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Pennywise2: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2023
History must repeat itself.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Obiedun(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2023
Mbanda:
I hate it when yorubas use the word "accommodating". Why did they attack Igbos and niger deltans during the 2023 general elections if they are truly accommodating?

This are the people that rejoiced in 1970 when they heard that Igbos are back to Nigeria after the civil war. Today they want igbos out of lagos that is not even their own.
They attacked because you pushed them to the wall. You left your region and called Lagos no man's land. I am not even from the south west

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Dream25: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Igbo always to twist a narrative...

The only emotional ethnic is Igbo... Yoruba rule and lord over you and there's nothing you can do... grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Antivirus92(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2023
Dream25:
Igbo always to twist a narrative...

The only emotional ethnic is Igbo... Yoruba rule and lord over you and there's nothing you can do... grin cheesy
Yoruba rule and lord over us as our tenants in yorubaland right?
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Mbanda(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2023
Obiedun:
They attacked because you pushed them to the wall. You left your region and called Lagos no man's land. I am not even from the south west
Have you asked yourself, why yorubas always boast with lagos? You can't see northerners boasting with Abuja and kano the way yorubas always do with lagos. This their unending boasting has made people to dig out the history of lagos, And now everybody knows that binis are the real owners of lagos not the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by EmperorCaesar(m): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2023
U refer to them as Being cunny and also a traitor.... Although, It's called "Being Diplomatic"

Such attributes don't go with being emotional and weak

I used to think it's impossible to be from SE and still be smart

Be like both things are mutually exclusive

1 Like

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by AcademicWriter: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2023
The people of the south west are accommodating. You pushed them to the wall..

So, do you seek help with your thesis, dissertation, statement of purpose, personal statement, or assignment? Check my profile.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Sheenor: 10:17am On Nov 30, 2023
Hendrixky:

Are they saying oba akiolu is stupid

Even akiolu says that one of the greetings the yorubas use in the Palace by raising up thier hand and also rubing their palm together 👏 is a way of showing respect to the Benin Palace

Regarding the bolded part, may I inquire about the Oba's statement? I'm eager to witness something and, in turn, share something with you. I await your response.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Sheenor: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

By default, they're so emotional and weak. That's the reason Fulanis butchers as many of them and chased them away from their land and instead of them to retaliate, they ran away to Benin republic, they cried and cried and beg, same Fulanis came back and claimed Illorin, banned their ancestral isese festival, all they do is to cry and become so emotional.

See how they're crying all over cyberspace because of what oba of Benin said, see how they're obsessed about the Igbos because they prosper than them in their land hence they hate the Igbos with passion and become so emotional because they can't measure up with the Igbo tribe.

Despite their brother being the number one citizen of the country, they so insecure. So much for them. I pity them seriously.

What tribe are you again?
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by PureFace1(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2023
Mbanda:
Have you asked yourself, why yorubas always boast with lagos? You can't see northerners boasting with Abuja and kano the way yorubas always do with lagos. This their unending boasting has made people to dig out the history of lagos, And now everybody knows that binis are the real owners of lagos not the yorubas.

You guys should believe what ever naration you like to hide your jealousy and bitternes but reality says otherwise, Lagos is in the south west and in control of Yoruba.

Ogun State and Oyo state is becoming the new Lagos even Ondo should never be underestimated. Imagine Ogun state having more IGR than all the 5 south east developers land combined.

After Lagos today no state in Nigeria come close to Ogun in industrial capacity even Oyo is an industrial juggernaut.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Sheenor: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2023
Mbanda:

So hausas now owned Abuja abi?

Anyways, Yorubas traditionally don't boast about Lagos until some individuals claim it as no man's land. When people assert that your land is unclaimed, what's the response? Stand idly by while they utter all sorts of nonsense?
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Mbanda(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2023
Sheenor:

So hausas now owned Abuja abi?

Anyways, Yorubas traditionally don't boast about Lagos until some individuals claim it as no man's land. When people assert that your land is unclaimed, what's the response? Stand idly by while they utter all sorts of nonsense?
Where did you see hausa in my post? The fact of this matter is that, yorubas has been boasting with lagos immediately after independence. And that is what gave birth to, "lagos is a no mans land, Igbos developed lagos" and stuffs like that.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Mbanda(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
PureFace1:

You guys should believe what ever naration you like to hide your jealousy and bitternes but reality says otherwise, Lagos is in the south west and in control of Yoruba.

Ogun State and Oyo state is becoming the new Lagos even Ondo should never be underestimated. Imagine Ogun state having more IGR than all the 5 south east developers land combined.

After Lagos today no state in Nigeria come close to Ogun in industrial capacity even Oyo is an industrial juggernaut.
Stating the obivious fact has nothing to do with bitterness and jealousy. Britain colonized and still controls Nigeria, that does not mean they own the land mass that is known as Nigeria today.

Yorubas are governing and attaching lagos by force. That doesn't mean they are the rightful owners of lagos know these facts and know peace.

Ogun and Oyo states can never be like lagos because, those states has never been the capital of Nigeria and they don't have seaport like lagos. Secondly, Oyo and Ogun don't harbour multinational firms and head offices.

Your fabricated lies and propaganda you call IGR can't help and stop the hunger that is ravaging your region now. We have seen series of hunger complaints and protests in your region more than any other place in Nigeria.
And that brings us to the question, where is your IGR?

Lastly, the industries in Ogun and Oyo are not indigenous like the ones in Anambra state and other places in Igbo land. What this means is that, majority of the industries you are boasting of are not owned by yorubas, unlike the ones in Anambra and other places in SE.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by PureFace1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
Mbanda:
Stating the obivious fact has nothing to do with bitterness and jealousy. Britain colonized and still controls Nigeria, that does not mean they own the land mass that is known as Nigeria today.

Yorubas are governing and attaching lagos by force. That doesn't mean they are the rightful owners of lagos know these facts and know peace.

Ogun and Oyo states can never be like lagos because, those states has never been the capital of Nigeria and they don't have seaport like lagos. Secondly, Oyo and Ogun don't harbour multinational firms and head offices.

Your fabricated lies and propaganda you call IGR can't help and stop the hunger that is ravaging your region now. We have seen series of hunger complaints and protests in your region more than any other place in Nigeria.
And that brings us to the question, where is your IGR?

Lastly, the industries in Ogun and Oyo are not indigenous like the ones in Anambra state and other places in Igbo land. What this means is that, majority of the industries you are boasting of are not owned by yorubas, unlike the ones in Anambra and other places in SE.

I can feel your pain and frustration

You are so frustrated to the extent you don't even know what you are saying, to the point you are even contradicting yourself.

If colonizing Nigeria doesn't make British the owner of Nigeria then what make Benin the right owner of Lagos ? you see how delusional you sound.

When it come to industrial capacity no tribe in Nigeria can match Yoruba, we have plenty indigenous Yoruba companies across South West but you clown should keep believing whatever suit you.
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Mbanda(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
PureFace1:

I can feel your pain and frustration

You are so frustrated to the extent you don't even know what you are saying, to the point you are even contradicting yourself.

If colonizing Nigeria doesn't make British the owner of Nigeria then what make Benin the right owner of Lagos ? you see how delusional you sound.

When it come to industrial capacity no tribe in Nigeria can match Yoruba, we have plenty indigenous Yoruba companies across South West but you clown should keep believing whatever suit you.
You are the one that is pained and frustrated stop pretending.

I did not contradict myself in anyway. Did I in any way say that binis colonized or ruled lagos? The problem is that, your brain couldn't decipher the examples I gave you. What I meant is that, yorubas governing lagos today does not mean that, yorubas are the rightful owners of lagos.
Lagos is former bini war camp what it meant is that bini owned lagos that's why it was designated as a war camp.

How can yorubas own the highest number of industries in Nigeria, when they (yorubas) are not known for investing outside of SW?
Most of the industries in SE are own by Igbos but, most industries in SW are not owned by yorubas.
So, where did you get that kind of lie from? Is that how delusional you can be?

Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by PureFace1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
Mbanda:
You are the one that is pained and frustrated stop pretending.

I did not contradict myself in anyway. Did I in any way say that binis colonized or ruled lagos? The problem is that, your brain couldn't decipher the examples I gave you. What I meant is that, yorubas governing lagos today does not mean that, yorubas are the rightful owners of lagos.
Lagos is former bini war camp what it meant is that bini owned lagos that's why it was designated as a war camp.

How can yorubas own the highest number of industries in Nigeria, when they (yorubas) are not known for investing outside of SW?
Most of the industries in SE are own by Igbos but, most industries in SW are not owned by yorubas.
So, where did you get that kind of lie from? Is that how delusional you can be?

You keep regurgitating that fallacy of benin owning Lagos even if it doesn't make sense to you, your brain must be working in reverse. Britain once established a company called the Royal Niger company to oversee Nigeria too does that mean Britain is now the owner of Nigeria even when they met people here?

A Benin Prince was the first to settled in Onitsha does that now make Benin people owner of Onitsha today ?

Benin having a camp on a part of Lagos does that mean there were no people there before Benin created that camp ? or does that now make them entitle to all the lands in Lagos even the part that they didn't camp on ?

You think you are discussing with a clown like you, using a post from nairaland through Google to back up your claim.

You are really delusional if you believe you have more indigenous companies than Yoruba .
Re: Are The People Of South West Becoming Too Emotional And Tribalistic? by Mbanda(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
PureFace1:

You think you are discussing with a clown like you, using a post from nairaland through Google to back up your claim.

You are really delusional if you believe you have more indigenous companies than Yoruba .

I should be the one telling you that. You think am a clown like you that swallows any junk, that comes from lagos Ibadan gutter press hook line and sinker.

What makes you think I will believe that fabricated lie from ogbomosho village?
How can you tell me that yorubas that doesn't invest anywhere outside of SW, has more indigenous companies than Igbos?

Ok, where are the yoruba owned companies located?
E be like say you dey crase.

(1) (Reply)

Needed Cash Out Its Vital You Act Now / Join Me @ijescorner / Good Gesture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.