Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles (18856 Views)

Ministerial Slots: The Battle Of Godfathers, Godsons (list) / Godfathers At War With Godsons (Photos) / 2019: Godfathers In Political Battles With Godsons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by DaTruths: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
Antivirus92:
goat of Yoruba politics....#corrected

Lol, but he won the presidency by crook.

That's why i think he's good at what he does.
Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by Generalkorex(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Omo this one is one memorable one. They even used juju lol. Obasanjo did the dirty job for Adedibu lol
Thank God for life sha. This country don spoil tey tey. How can they use NURTW boys to impeach a sitting Governor?
Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by IfnobeGod20: 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
The most ridiculous of this story is that of Lagos State where Tinubu has been the godfather of who to become who in Lagos and the same man had held the politics of the state at the jugular. No thanks to the praise singers that still come to net to beg secretly from people to meet common needs.
Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by Antivirus92(m): 5:12am On Dec 01, 2023
DaTruths:

Lol, but he won the presidency by crook.

That's why i think he's good at what he does.
he is not good, he is just an opportunist.

Everything was in his favour except the people's support.

INEC in his pocket
Judiciary in his pocket
Ruling party advantage
Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by Caseless: 6:02am On Dec 01, 2023
Svoboda:
Theres many more. Nwobodo v nnamani, sam egwu v that elderly gov, malla kachalla v ali modu sherrif. Shettima v ali modu sherrif, razak lawal v the sarakis. Hashidu v goje.
Hashidu and Goje's case is similar to that Malla Kachalla And Sheriff - as both Malla and Hashidu were sponsored by sheriff and Goje respectively and when they fell out, both individuals came back to take power the following election.

It was Sam Egwu and Martin Elechi - he thought he could control the old man. Even the old man was outsmarted by Umahi.

I really don't think I can be made a governor and take it out on my benefactor. I won't fight you. I just find a way to silently avoid your traps.

2 Likes

Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by Nwanna2588: 7:36am On Dec 01, 2023
Uzo Kalu's clash with Ohakim of Imo State unfolds as a tragic saga of Godfather versus Godson gone awry. This interstate political drama, often overlooked amidst localized narratives, witnessed the ascension of Ohakim to the gubernatorial throne orchestrated by Uzo Kalu. However, the camaraderie took an abrupt turn when Ohakim, awakening to the Igbo ethos of self-identity, questioned Uzo Kalu's intrusion from Abia into Imo. The rupture of this once symbiotic relationship signifies a unique chapter in political annals, underscoring the pivotal role Uzo Kalu's party played in shaping Ohakim's governorship. A cross-state dynamic of Godfather propelling a Godson to the helm, this tale resonates as an extraordinary facet deserving of commemoration.
Re: Top List Of Godfathers, Godsons Who Fought Supremacy Battles by Svoboda(m): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2023
Caseless:
Hashidu and Goje's case is similar to that Malla Kachalla And Sheriff - as both Malla and Hashidu were sponsored by sheriff and Goje respectively and when they fell out, both individuals came back to take power the following election.

It was Sam Egwu and Martin Elechi - he thought he could control the old man. Even the old man was outsmarted by Umahi.

I really don't think I can be made a governor and take it out on my benefactor. I won't fight you. I just find a way to silently avoid your traps.

Yes, i remember papa elechi. He was always sleeping off in public.

As a gov, you have to fight back when your benefactor begins to make things extremely difficult for you. Unrealistic demands on the gov turn him to a tiger.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo : APC Candidate, Ajimobi Now Campaigning With Ijebu Garri / Fuel Price Increase: Shehu Sani Reacts, Warns Buhari / REPORT: President Yaradua Is Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.