Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads (16440 Views)

Akin Alabi Inaugurates House Committee On Works, Promises Transparency / Kemebradikumo Pondei Slumps During Reps Committee Interrogation / Miyetti Allah: We Plan To Attend Amotekun Public Hearing On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by ipobarecriminals: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
sad
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by HitRun(m): 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
CONCRETE ROADS IN NIGERIA WILL BE DISASTROUS!

It is usually rosy when new. However, when they begin to age, concrete roads can be very dangerous, because unlike asphalt finishing that is manageable when they begin to develop small small potholes, concrete roads usually develop sharp-edged gashes that if not mended immediately can tear vehicle tires.

Let them restrict concrete roads to inner city roads where speed limit is very low. Any attempt to implement concrete finishing for highways will be calamitous in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Eteka1(m): 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
Let's stick to butimen. I don't understand Umahi.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by LikeAking: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
Themanleshey:

Mr revolution, who is stopping you from starting the revolution?

Stop asking stupid questions.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by dbestcno(m): 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Skillsnigeria: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
Okay
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Khyrvxjzy: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Na now day break
Na even inter locking tiles them dey use for some roads

Nigeria my country
Revolution is needed to cure this country
You know the funny thing revolution can not occur in Nigeria

brother relax even the Revolution can not occur in Nigeria because of the Tribalism and religion sentiments
So the voices that shut down Jonathan subsidy removal and staged a protest finally lost their voice even when we are buying a litre for 670 now plus the hardship
Nigerians are not angry about bad government they are just angry when the government in power is not from their tribe
Endsar protest the north did not participate because they thought it was a fight against their own son Buhari. Even the South west did not participate because they thought it was a plan to spoil tinubu's ambition
Now Jonathan subsidy removal protest the igbos didn't participate fully because they thought Jonathan was their brother
Now see the tinubu's subsidy removal causing hardship the South west voices of wole sonyinka and adeboye kept silent. This were same people that started Jonathan protest

. better be fast with that revolution because we are already planning revolution to kill ipob
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by countryman13: 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
AnonPoet:

https://leaders.ng/2023/11/30/house-committee-on-works-holds-public-hearing-on-the-use-of-concrete-for-roads/
Concrete is more costly than Butumen but stand d taste of time. D house should send delegates to Dangote for enquiry on how he carried out d construction of Obajana/Kabba road using cement. D road is over a decade now and it's still kakaraka

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by UptownVibes(m): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Na now day break

Nigeria my country

brother relax even the Revolution can not occur in Nigeria because of the Tribalism and religion sentiments
So the voices that shut down Jonathan subsidy removal and staged a protest finally lost their voice even when we are buying a litre for 670 now plus the hardship
Nigerians are not angry about bad government they are just angry when the government in power is not from their tribe
Endsar protest the north did not participate because they thought it was a fight against their own son Buhari. Even the South west did not participate because they thought it was a plan to spoil tinubu's ambition
Now Jonathan subsidy removal protest the igbos didn't participate fully because they thought Jonathan was their brother
Now see the tinubu's subsidy removal causing hardship the South west voices of wole sonyinka and adeboye kept silent. This were same people that started Jonathan protest

You just explained why Nigeria can never move forward..

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Tywo2018: 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
When you see them sitting down like say they are discussing how to stop corruption in the country.

You will not see them discuss industrial revolution or technology advancement.

Oh Lord God have mercy in this Country. Suffer too much abeg cry cry
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
Different roads for different regions based on yearly rainfall, soil type, cost and amount of daily traffic expected on the road.
Good Asphalt works well in Jigawa because no one drives in the road and it rarely rains so asphalt lasts long but in Rivers state the exact same road washes off due to excess Rain fall and heavy traffic

2 Likes

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by ezenna191(m): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
Ebonyi State has concrete roads built since 2016 and they're still very strong and no sign of failing. Nigeria's problem is adopting new innovations. What's important is monitoring and supervision because contractors love cutting corners. I can confirm that a strategic one is even running from Uburu to Akaeze Ukwu.

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Okwyjesus(m): 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
KeenD:
This is what we expect from our our lawmakers in 21st Century

Please We will Design a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/vi85B1fvgG9pYqg69

This is too good if we can continue like this and be sincere in our judgement.

I wasn't there but from what l read we need to reconsider Concrete technology on the ground of right equipment, maintenance and technical issues surrounding it.

Maybe test it in few coastal roads and compare.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Onewazobia(m): 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Britishpea:

You are as dumb as a pen that only writes whatever you want it to. So much wordings with no iota of educative analysis in it.

But what he put up there are nothing but fact

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by CaptainFM1: 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
Is that suppose to be a subject for discussion?
If not that they don't know what to do at the assembly!
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by frozen70(f): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
chaddy16:
Greetings Nairaland community. I find myself in a critical situation, with my wife unexpectedly needing a C-section, and I can't cover the expenses due to losing my job seven months ago. Despite considering abortion, we decided against it due to her age. I've been struggling to raise funds and sincerely seek assistance. I assure you I'm not a scammer; I'm willing to share pictures of the newborn after a successful delivery. Any help, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated.
My details are below

WEMA BANK
Adegoke

Sometimes in July, you wrote a post threatening us that you want to commit suicide if you can't raise money to solve an urgent problem

Four months now, you are seeking for financial help over the delivery of your child as it's likely to be CS

One day you will kidnap yourself to raise found for your release

If you had purchased a condom of 500, you will not be disturbing us here

Please deal with your own we all have our own we are all dealing with

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Charly68: 8:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
I advise we have experimental roads with concrete and let's see how it will look .
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by yusufu16: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2023
emmykk:
Concrete should only be used in streets

You are right. Concrete should be used on streets not on highways
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by PHAYOL81: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
That's good.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Chetas81(m): 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
jessejagga:
Hmmm its well
inside well 😳

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by ojobek: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
Even the ministry does not want the rigid pavement,they are just pretending.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by boxypane(m): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2023
My own is refine crude here and avoid importation of Bitumen. Who do Nigeria?
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by ojobek: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
I do understand how government policy works, when Baba go slow was in power, contractors were enjoyed to move into PMB(Polymer modified bitumen)as a result of advance research,the directive was from federal ministry of works and contractors complied,invest heavely on pmb(asphalt) plant only to wake up one day and said no you are going to concrete.I know of four different companies that have gotten the PMB plant.They should resell to who?ABUJA-KANO ROAD IS ONE EXAMPLE.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by IjebuWarrior: 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
emmykk:
Concrete should only be used in streets

Nah. ONLY on highways! Streets should use bitumen

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by Raph82(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2023
U na no dey follow me reason wetin I dey reason?
Check their table,
1 table water - 100 naira
1 coca cola drink - 250 naira
4 sachets of biscuits - 200 naira
Total = 550 naira
By the time dem go read the budget, u go dey hear say 2billion naira was expended on law makers' feeding in the chambers.
Who we offend wey curse us like this?

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by ReignsR: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2023
Guyman01:
Lets try something different by using concrete technology, asphalt can be laid on top of the concrete
How much did you know about the concrete stuff. I don't trust that concrete of a thing.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by DOM7: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
But not the type the minister of works do in Ebonyi that less than four years the thing is laughing at people.
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by kingfisher2(m): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
Na now day break

Nigeria my country

you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by KeenD: 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
Now we have a senate
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by iamjagars: 5:04am On Dec 01, 2023
Dicoomoba:

Check ur aza
Thanks 🙏, God bless you
Re: Reps Committee On Works Holds Public Hearing On The Use Of Concrete For Roads by holyfather(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

I have an answer, but you people won't like it, so, I keep my peace.

Good evening.

Hmmm...
I'm interested!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Maryam Uwais Special Adviser / Adeleke Arrested: Stop This Madness - Fani-kayode To Buhari / How Can I Get A Gun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.