Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare (15442 Views)

Reports Of A Coup Scare Is False, Heinous Act Of Disinformation - FG / Coup Scare: I Regret My Action, Will Be Careful In Future, Says Fani-kayode / Coup Scare: No Evidence Document Referenced By Nigerian Military, SSS Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by atobs4real(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
We will want to coup you if the right thing had been done
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by mariovito(m): 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
IVORY2009:
Militocracy is highly recommended, an average African leader is very corrupt, the military has a way of putting the in place disciplinary measures to tackle corruption, which the civilian administration can not do.

Abacha and the rest incorruptible military officers come to mind.

2 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Zzxx(m): 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
Restructuring is the only way Nigeria as a nation can thrive.

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Kukutenla: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
Las las even Tinubu don rest for Niger matter
Na Ouattara still carry am for head like banana and we all know why
Shite dey smell for him body

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Zzxx(m): 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
As for me BIAFRA confederation will be a better place to live in.naija no fit better,read my lips.

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Brushstrokes20: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Deliver democratic dividends or Bleep off! undecided
# the wicked runneth when no one pursueth grin

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Moniya4Real(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Stop talking in circles . Say it without caring whose ox is gored. Coward!

Racoon:
A government having forced itself into power in a similar way the putschist did in the Niger Republic, cannot be arrogating itself the honour to lead a puritan force against a sovereign nation. The process leading to any electoral activity is a lot more important than its outcome.The processes that led to the 2023 general election were skewed, manipulated, and rigged.

A government that came into office through such illegal means does not have the moral justification to begin to query a similar process perpetrated outside the shores of this country. If the election is wantonly manipulated, a govt that emerged from such a process is similar to a military coup.

A coup is actually where people extend their limit beyond what is being provided by the constitution. When you rig yourself into election, it is also a coup. The process or procedural sequence is being contested. Emancipation from mental slavery, none but us could free our minds( Bob Nesta Robert Marley).

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Moniya4Real(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
Yeye Dey smell! We die here in the contraption called Nigeria. Your grandfathers did , so will you and your unborn children.

Zzxx:
As for me BIAFRA confederation will be a better place to live in.naija no fit better,read my lips.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by GEJDHERO: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Better the oppostion unites around PDP in 2027, and gets rid of APC once and for all.

Coup always ends with the same old corrupt system in place, only this time with more repression.

If we want better governance, we got to put pressure on the people in power. Coup would not only make matters worse, but if the army rulers turn out to be awful, we won't have any means of putting pressure on them.

But the politicians are not willing to learn/change....the best is to booth them out with a COUP

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Emilokan your time is coming. This coup go go round

Will that end your daily wailing that started eight years ago?
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by hkidola00(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by DavSagacity(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Their merger will result to effort in futility if they fail to select and agree on credible candidate to challenge the corrupt government in town. Honestly Nigeria has grown beyond the phase where old men will be the one running the affairs of the country. We will not grow or develop. But will keep going to other nations to borrow and borrow.
nairalanda1:

Better the oppostion unites around PDP in 2027, and gets rid of APC once and for all.

Coup always ends with the same old corrupt system in place, only this time with more repression.

If we want better governance, we got to put pressure on the people in power. Coup would not only make matters worse, but if the army rulers turn out to be awful, we won't have any means of putting pressure on them.

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by mastermaestro(m): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Dennisochampa:
A coup is the last thing Nigeria needs right now..
Only genuine enemies of Nigeria will pray for a coup at this point..

They have no idea what military dictatorship entails. If it was a military regime, would anyone even dare demand a change of government online? I am sure those asking for it think it is fun and freedom. grin I go don port from Naija before their evil wish go come to pass. grin
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by seunjungle1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Are you telling us that our president is one of those you accused of flexing with babes/elegant Olosho?
Lemme know your answer for I have another comment for you... Thank you

Kingpele:
Unproductive meetings ....the mean reason they always want to met is to flex life ...carry prostitutes...both people who use gun to get to power and those who bought state institutions to get to power is the same ..one used money to buy power while the other one use money to buy guns and use it to get to power..same people
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Agugbadin: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

If the opposition unites around PDP, Atiku who will be 81yrs old then will want to hijack the Presidential ticket,that will be worse for this country.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by maasoap(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Racoon:
Even president Obasanjo said Africa is not ready for the Western type of democracy yet. Was he calling for a coup? Truth is sacred and sacrosanct.
zombieHUNTER:
Democracy is not for Africa...

Even Obasanjo agrees

After he enjoyed 8 years and still made attempts to make it 12 years and perhaps more grin grin grin
Dumb people now quoting the same Obasanjo, lol
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by genkins(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
DavSagacity:
Their merger will result to effort in futility if they fail to select and agree on credible candidate to challenge the corrupt government in town. Honestly Nigeria has grown beyond the phase where old men will be the one running the affairs of the country. We will not grow or develop. But will keep going to other nations to borrow and borrow.

What's the point if inec switches of the server in the middle of the election?
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Blackdisciple(m): 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
Fvcking leaders
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by rickleye: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Racoon:
https://punchng.com/west-african-leaders-meet-amid-coup-scare/

Now this is how world leaders take group picture not the King Charles and Pre Bat one
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by idrezee(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chiefpriestt:
Emilokan your time is coming. This coup go go round

I really wish you know what you are exactly saying
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by Babaken(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
Gang of thieves, vipers, vulture and killers
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by tsdarkside(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
they fvckedup....they are surrounded by too many unhappy people now....

they turned goverment to a business....
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by tsdarkside(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
idrezee:

I really wish you know what you are exactly saying

cant happen in nigeria....dont mind those useless election loosers....
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by tsdarkside(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
mastermaestro:

They have no idea what military dictatorship entails. If it was a military regime, would anyone even dare demand a change of government online? I am sure those asking for it think it is fun and freedom. grin I go don port from Naija before their evil wish go come to pass. grin

you wan port go where....??

places you are not welcomed....??

in case you dont know,anti migration parties are winnin all across western nations....
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by zombieHUNTER: 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
maasoap:

After he enjoyed 8 years and still made attempts to make it 12 years and perhaps more grin grin grin
Dumb people now quoting the same Obasanjo, lol

He's been there
done that

He has seen looting
supervised it
under your precious democracy

Baba is old
Remorseful
And is telling you out of experience..
These current politicians aren't doing any differently.. yet here you are encouraging those looting away your future..

shameful.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by maasoap(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
zombieHUNTER:

He's been there
done that

He has seen looting
supervised it
under your precious democracy

Baba is old
Remorseful
And is telling you out of experience..
These current politicians aren't doing any differently.. yet here you are encouraging those looting away your future..

shameful.
You should be the one who is ashamed of himself. Agreeing with with a former DICTATOR who was lucky enough to come back as civilian president, enjoyed two terms. Still not done, tried to alter constitution for his own selfish reason but failed.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by nairalanda1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2023
Agugbadin:

If the opposition unites around PDP, Atiku who will be 81yrs old then will want to hijack the Presidential ticket,that will be worse for this country.

Idon't think Atiku is coming back.

And anyway even if he comes, the fact is, most Nigerians don't want to form or join an alternative opposition movement, which is something I think they should do, because I do not like PDP.

But for now, PDP , as much as it pains me to say this, is all the viable oppositon we got....yes, it's as bad as APC.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by nairalanda1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
GEJDHERO:
But the politicians are not willing to learn/change....the best is to booth them out with a COUP

The problem with coup is that in a few years time, the army rulers would be doing the same chopping..only this time, nothing like any legal restraint. Freedom of speech is gone. Oppresion would make APC oppression like child's play.

In 1966, AND 1983, people said what you said. 6 years later, corruption was back. Both times.

Army people are not gods, or perfect people. Na Nigerians dem be.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by tsdarkside(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Idon't think Atiku is coming back.

And anyway even if he comes, the fact is, most Nigerians don't want to form or join an alternative opposition movement, which is something I think they should do, because I do not like PDP.

But for now, PDP , as much as it pains me to say this, is all the viable oppositon we got....yes, it's as bad as APC.

do you even understand how many people hate PDP....??

many will still stick to apc....
tinubus reelection is already a done deal....

after tinubu,i have no idea....
wike could be a altenative then....

or if osibanjo run too....
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by tsdarkside(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
i noticed northerners dont have a nationaly popular candidate today....

forget atiku....he is a desperate moroon....
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by nairalanda1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
tsdarkside:

do you even understand how many people hate PDP....??

many will still stick to apc....
tinubus relection is already a done deal....

And many people don't like APC. Infact more people voted for parties other than APC in the last election than they did for APC. APC won because Obi took away PDP votes in the SE, large parts of the middle belt and Lagos.

Let's be honest. APC came in in 2015, promising change. And yes, PDP was a big mess, a big mess then. But in 8 years, APC was just as bad as PDP. At the end, people wanted a new direction, but oppositon was divided, and we got you guys back.

But even then, history shows a united oppostion always beats the ruling party.
Re: West African Leaders Meet Amid Coup Scare by tsdarkside(m): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

And many people don't like APC. Infact more people voted for parties other than APC in the last election than they did for APC. APC won because Obi took away PDP votes in the SE, large parts of the middle belt and Lagos.

Let's be honest. APC came in in 2015, promising change. And yes, PDP was a big mess, a big mess then. But in 8 years, APC was just as bad as PDP. At the end, people wanted a new direction, but oppositon was divided, and we got you guys back.

But even then, history shows a united oppostion always beats the ruling party.

more people hate PDP....

apc had already 8 years now....

i will tell you something....any party that has majority igbo supporters will loose....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff Spreads Lies, He Wants To Be President — Makarfi / Smuggling Becomes Booming Business In Katsina State As Land Borders Remain Shut / Raid On Odili's Home Appeared Like Mission To Kill, Maim Her - Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.