Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Is Trading Still Worth It? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is Trading Still Worth It? (345 Views)

Crypto Currency Investment- Is Crypto Trading Still Profitable Or Scam? – Review / Is Trading Forex Really Worth It / Who Is Trading On Rallytrade? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 9:12am On Dec 01, 2023
Remember when i first started trading, the experience wasn't really very pleasant at first but yeah, paid off after some years. Truth is you might not make it in your first year of trading and that's ok. Didn't make my first millions trading till after some years,even lost money in the process but yeah that's part of what happens in the trading journey. Is it easy? No,possible,yes.

I even envy traders who are coming into the space right now,most don't have to use their money to trade to make millions especially with the advent of prop firms which give traders thousands of dollars to trade for them and share profits.

Trading just like anything requires time,effort and resilience. Didn't make my first millions until after a long time but when i actually started making it,it was very consistent especially for the fact that I've gathered experience over the years.

The mistake most people make is not taking it as a profession, trading should never be a side thing if you really want to suceed in it. The time involved especially in your first few years matter a lot. I really do wish people coming into the space right now take it very serious and really make it in the trading space
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by mascot87(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:
Remember when i first started trading, the experience wasn't really very pleasant at first but yeah, paid off after some years. Truth is you might not make it in your first year of trading and that's ok. Didn't make my first millions trading till after some years,even lost money in the process but yeah that's part of what happens in the trading journey. Is it easy? No,possible,yes.

I even envy traders who are coming into the space right now,most don't have to use their money to trade to make millions especially with the advent of prop firms which give traders thousands of dollars to trade for them and share profits.

Trading just like anything requires time,effort and resilience. Didn't make my first millions until after a long time but when i actually started making it,it was very consistent especially for the fact that I've gathered experience over the years.

The mistake most people make is not taking it as a profession, trading should never be a side thing if you really want to suceed in it. The time involved especially in your first few years matter a lot. I really do wish people coming into the space right now take it very serious and really make it in the trading space

I'm a full time trader too and I agree with you 100%
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2023
mascot87:

I'm a full time trader too and I agree with you 100%

Most people see the gain,never the years of pain,pressure and consistent losses before really making it
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 10:09am On Dec 01, 2023
Respect!
Still waiting for my 1st ever withdrawal sha.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2023
portplus:
Respect!
Still waiting for my 1st ever withdrawal sha.

When did you start and how's your progress level?
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:

When did you start and how's your progress level?
2yrs now.
I have have some knowledge from courses I bought.
I sometimes take some trade myself . I also taking signals.
But in all have only make deposits....never withdrawals...(sad)
I am still pushing on though.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by mascot87(m): 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
portplus:

2yrs now.

Forget signals. You have been trading for 2 years and I'm sure it is off and on. They have to keep staying in the Market everyday trading with real funds to be a master of the market.
I started full time trading last year August and I stay in the Market mondays to fridays from that day till today. I watch YouTube videos too and motivational forex videos on tiktok. Trust me, no other experience will you have other than the one you got for yourself in the Market.

1 Like

Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
portplus:

2yrs now.

I'll advice you get a proven mentor to take you through the experience, far better than buying a courses, a mentor arranges the courses for you and fast tracks your trading experience. If you continue just getting signals and buying courses,you might actually spend more years and not still be profitable i can guarantee you that, will also advice you use most of those money you use in loosing money into learning. Also,do you have a strategy, trade plan, risk management? Do you also backtest and journal?

1 Like

Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
mascot87:

Forget signals. You have been trading for 2 years and I'm sure it is off and on. They have to keep staying in the Market everyday trading with real funds to be a master of the market.
I started full time trading last year August and I stay in the Market mondays to fridays from that day till today. I watch YouTube videos too and motivational forex videos on tiktok. Trust me, no other experience will you have other than the one you got for yourself in the Market.
Very true, although i really won't advice he watches tiktok motivational video they can be misleading especially for a newbie. What strat do you use by the way?
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by mascot87(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:
Very true, although i really won't advice he watches tiktok motivational video they can be misleading especially for a newbie. What strat do you use by the way?

I identify my fair value gap and I only pick entry from there. I always wait for the trade to get into the fair value zone before I take my trade for a long term swing trade. 1: 4 and I am ok
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2023
mascot87:

I identify my fair value gap and I only pick entry from there. I always wait for the trade to get into the fair value zone before I take my trade for a long term swing trade. 1: 4 and I am ok

What's your risk management like and how often do you backtest
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by mascot87(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:

What's your risk management like and how often do you backtest

I use 5% of my capital to trade per time and I backtest 2 to 3 times before I take a trade. Not easy mehn but it's cool
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
mascot87:

I use 5% of my capital to trade per time and I backtest 2 to 3 times before I take a trade. Not easy mehn but it's cool
htf or ltf, and how much of backtest info would you say you have for your strat.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by mascot87(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:
htf or ltf, and how much of backtest info would you say you have for your strat.

Funny enough, I use ltf and 1 minute for that matter. For my backtest info, I can say based on historical data, 70% of the time valid for my strategy
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
mascot87:

I am taking notes of all the insights.
Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:

I'll advice you get a proven mentor to take you through the experience, far better than buying a courses, a mentor arranges the courses for you and fast tracks your trading experience. If you continue just getting signals and buying courses,you might actually spend more years and not still be profitable i can guarantee you that, will also advice you use most of those money you use in loosing money into learning. Also,do you have a strategy, trade plan, risk management? Do you also backtest and journal?
I just started back testing and journaling.
I am working on my psychology and risk management .
I have discovered and lost most of my account due to wrong position sizing...
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
portplus:

I just started back testing and journaling.
I am working on my psychology and risk management .
I have discovered and lost most of my account due to wrong position sizing...

What strategy do you use and how many years worth of backtest info do you have
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:

What strategy do you use and how many years worth of backtest info do you have
Pure price...I look 4hr...do my markings on H1 and take entry on 15min.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
portplus:

Pure price...I look 4hr...do my markings on H1 and take entry on 15min.

And what will you say your win percentage is like?
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
Justicecreft:

And what will you say your win percentage is like?

like 50 percent scalping for 10pips to 15 pips but but once I attempt to catch more pips thats where I get stopped out.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
portplus:

like 50 percent scalping for 10pips to 15 pips but but once I attempt to catch more pips thats where I get stopped out.

If this is the case how is it that u have not withrawn yet
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by BrighterSyde: 3:49am On Dec 02, 2023
Justicecreft:

Most people see the gain,never the years of pain,pressure and consistent losses before really making it

You really don’t need to go through all these to make money from forex. There are lots of software and EAs you can use. I know you’ll say they blow accounts and all that. But it’s based on the set up and strategy. Follow the live account on my signature for as long as you want to see things for yourself. Check my thread for more info. Life shouldn’t be so hard.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by portplus: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2023
Justicecreft:

If this is the case how is it that u have not withdrawn yet
This result is from recent back testing and journaling from August ending.
Before now I just take trades haphazardly and over-leverage on small accounts.
And sometimes without SL embarassed

Right now...I am not trading just watching from the sidelines.
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2023
BrighterSyde:

You really don’t need to go through all these to make money from forex. There are lots of software and EAs you can use. I know you’ll say they blow accounts and all that. But it’s based on the set up and strategy. Follow the live account on my signature for as long as you want to see things for yourself. Check my thread for more info. Life shouldn’t be so hard.

Mtcheeeewwww, the hardwork is worth it, i didn't say i want to become a lazy trader, i love the work i put in
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by BrighterSyde: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2023
Justicecreft:

Mtcheeeewwww, the hardwork is worth it, i didn't say i want to become a lazy trader, i love the work i put in

What’s important for me isn’t the work but simply making money. If there are people who know nothing about forex but are making money from it with software then I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Hardwork seems to be your priority and not money. Mine is the money. Go to ig and search for Dr Bills. See what being smart about forex is all about. Who hard work help?
Re: Is Trading Still Worth It? by Justicecreft: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
BrighterSyde:

What’s important for me isn’t the work but simply making money. If there are people who know nothing about forex but are making money from it with software then I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Hardwork seems to be your priority and not money. Mine is the money. Go to ig and search for Dr Bills. See what being smart about forex is all about. Who hard work help?

Not interested in making money in forex without the hard work, never

(1) (Reply)

ISURA (treasure) Estate At Eleko, Idera Scheme Ibeju-lekki Lagos. +2348103142558 / Sell Itunes Walmart , Best Buy , Apple Amazon To Us / How You Can Start Selling Ebooks Online And Be Making N45,000 In Every Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.