Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm (28641 Views)

Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / Dangote Invests N63bn In Transit Support Services, Buys 3,500 Trucks / Dangote Buys 800 Trucks From Anammco Assembly Plant In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by jayAjoku(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2023
prepare to be poisoned.

1 Like

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Bouncing2(m): 11:07am On Dec 01, 2023
Trimjos:

You just took these words outta my mouth.

I doubt if there's even a black south African that is a millionaire in USD; I really doubt
Motsepe(caf president), malema,, there’s this woman that owns Royal AM football club too.

Tbf, some of them are trying for themselves
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Gajagojo: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2023
MEEVEET:

Never knew about this and was about to source cans from China

This is wonderful ... I have to redraw my new production strategies hope it's not more than 30% more expensive than imported ones
Ma ro wa l'ejo

a ni NTA
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by mu2sa2: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2023
lascos912:
I was choked until i opened the tread
"Choked" ke!
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by tishbite42: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2023
Trimjos:

I doubt if there's even a black south African that is a millionaire in USD; I really doubt
Haba 😂😂😂😂😂
They have a billionaire in dollars
Just one sha
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by ppogba: 11:11am On Dec 01, 2023
Trimjos:

The CAF President is a south African black billionaire.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by DaveHarry(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2023
SuccessfulRichi:
He's not black or south African . He knows his origin or ancestry. He's a white man. Nothing like black or white south African. Africa is black continent
That is to say the whites have a country in Africa
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Coolcat95: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2023
BLACK SOUTH AFRICANS ARE JONKIES

1 Like

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Sensiblerealist: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2023
South Africa and Zimbabwe are more or less where whites are indigenes or what do I say!
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by ppogba: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

Funny thing is South Africa has more black millionaires compared to Nigeria. Nairaland has truly degenerated to Ignoranceland with a lot of empty vessels

What do you expect from a platform populated by the following categories of people:
Those still battling with their school certificate exams
Those that are undergraduates
Those that are in their " ogas" shop but only have the opportunity to comment when not attending to customers.
Those that are still being fed but will claim they can feed another person's entire family for life.

Abegi.

2 Likes

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Sensiblerealist: 11:20am On Dec 01, 2023
Malema me! I doubt sha. But there are so many others that are millionaires in dollars or even billionaire

Bouncing2:

Motsepe(caf president), malema,, there’s this woman that owns Royal AM football club too.

Tbf, some of them are trying for themselves

1 Like

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by fabolouz1(m): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2023
Those who see the future are making inroads , wailers are digging their graves.
Nigeria remains the world's best kept secret.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by BennyDGreat: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2023
Trimjos:

Haba dem dey nau
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by fabolouz1(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2023
N3TRAL:
The headline should read "White South African", "Boar" or "Dutch".

Black South Africans are too broke to afford a Nigerian company. The only way they hope to takeover Nigerian companies in their country is through violent xenophobia.

Shame on them.

This is racist abd there's no room for racism here.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by ppogba: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2023
Gajagojo:
Ma ro wa l'ejo

a ni NTA

He is just trying to remind you that you are on Braggyland. Where every body is a billionaire.

He wanted to invest millions but only stumbles on an alternative on Braggyland. Wonderful!
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by BennyDGreat: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2023
RepoMan007:
3 billion cans every year and 1.8 billion of those in Nigeria. That's some eye opening stats.

Big market
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Moniya4Real(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2023
Of course, there is. One guy that once overtook Dangote as the richest man in Africa.

Trimjos:

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Mayeldah(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2023
I dedicate Tekno's Rara to this news, great jam

...invest for your country o, make it a better place
...forget about the big things o, make we talk about the small things oya, aye aye o, aye opemeji
...Rara o! Rara o!
...I go obodo oyinbo, I go dey hurry to come back o, when I come back o, I go dey hurry to go back o

APC politicians, una hear?
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by eepeepook: 11:28am On Dec 01, 2023
Nice one. Naija na bad market, last last. I hope they won’t regret. The GZ sef no get meaning?
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by FireUpNow(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2023
mofedamijo:

You probably have never been to South Africa.
An average black South African lives well, and enjoys. Might not be a millionaire, but they live a good live.

There are so many white South Africans begging on the streets and at traffic stops. You have so many white South Africans working at the parking lots in malls and you see black South Africans giving them R5 and changes.

There are extremely wealthy black South Africans and there are extreme wealthy white South Africans. Same way you have poor black South Africans, you also have poor white South Africans.

An average black South African eats in on of the biggest fast food outlets at least 3 times a week (not the healthiest option), wears some of the biggest clothing brands in the world, has a ok car, has a ok house, has medical aid, has life cover that pays his family up to R1.5million (60 million naira) if he dies, enjoys basic amenities and has the opportunity to enjoy world class amenities and facilities.

They have access to good bursary for education, they have access to business loans, home loans, they have access to some of the best Universities in the world, I mean South African universities.

Almost every little town has a good sporting facility and sport centers, and parks where people go for fun.

They have access to some of the biggest malls in the world. Most black South Africans are not moved by the United States or Canada or the United Kingdom because they have seen it all. From sky scrappers to food to designers to malls, winters cars, houses, just name it.

The list is endless....

They are not rich, but they are doing well.

You are telling me that average black South African is loving better than average Nigerian?
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by grandstar(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2023
South African would make a good fit in the Nigerian market.

Their country faces blackouts and a corrupt state so they should be able to myriad of challenges facing doing business in the country.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by bigbauer(m): 11:45am On Dec 01, 2023
MEEVEET:

This is wonderful ... I have to redraw my new production strategies hope it's not more than 30% more expensive than imported ones

there are two can makers in Agbara (Industrial estate). Gzi and Alucan. I don't know their production capacities, but Alucan is (physically) bigger than GZi. Alucan is on the express, while Gzi is in Ikperin (hoping I got the spelling right).

2 Likes

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by YoshihideSuga: 11:47am On Dec 01, 2023
BlackhatMentor:
I swear apart from Mandela and King Shaka

It seems no other negro have sense in that place.

If not for white people there South Africa would be worst than Mali or Chad

One would think Nigeria is a developed country. Effectively you're saying only whites can develop a society. 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by YoshihideSuga: 11:48am On Dec 01, 2023
SuccessfulRichi:
He's not black or south African . He knows his origin or ancestry. He's a white man. Nothing like black or white south African. Africa is black continent

But there are African Americans, black British, black Germans, black Irish etc.

1 Like

Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by bigbauer(m): 11:50am On Dec 01, 2023
adecz:

With the unreliable, epileptic power
supply and unfriendly government
policies, I hope they won't regret this
purchase in the short run...▪️🔹◾️🔸🔶

Many long term businesses and companies
have left Nigeria since the coming of
the dreaded, inept APC 😐😐😐😐

power supply is relatively stable there, besides, they use gas powered generators. almost all thw firms there use gas powered generators.

I've been wondering if Gsk sold their property there, that's some prime located real estate.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by YoshihideSuga: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2023
Ajsmart:
Thanks for educating these fools who are too dumb to see their continent is slowly being taken over by foreigners who care nothing for them aside from the resources and fertile land.

Why have you as a so-called native not invested so that you take over as well? What's stopping you from doing the same?

This is how business is conducted everywhere. Jealousy wan finish you!
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by Ewedegubbler: 11:54am On Dec 01, 2023
N3TRAL:
The headline should read "White South African", "Boer" or "Dutch".

Black South Africans are too broke to afford a Nigerian company. The only way they hope to takeover Nigerian companies in their country is through violent xenophobia.

Shame on them.

Oppenheimer is Jewish. Not Boer. As for black South African phuza kings, I no get words for those bad belle people
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by YoshihideSuga: 11:55am On Dec 01, 2023
FireUpNow:

You are telling me that average black South African is loving better than average Nigerian?

Yes. Nigeria has a lot of poor people with poor standards of living. Black South Africans have the highest living standards of all black Africans.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by commoditiesnig: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2023
Naturalobserver:
Access bank,Dangote,Paystack and Airpeace are Nigerian companies in South Africa.

South Africa has numerous companies in Nigeria including multichoice and shop rite.

Let's continue to help each other grow

Good to know..
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by YoshihideSuga: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2023
MEEVEET:

You have to invest in personal research strategies. What this tell me is that you didn't conduct your research within Nigeria or Africa before going to China. Remember you said you didn't know it existed. It's different from if you knew its existence, but found it expensive.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by BreconHills(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2023
Olachase:
see the way you embarrassing yourself no wonder they xenophobia you guys undecided undecided

you making it look like the black among them don't have billionaire

can you pls stop displaying your foolishness to the public embarassed embarassed

It will be interesting to see how many black south african billionaires actually started their company's from zero and how many were the beneficiaries of state affirmative action or state asset capture.
Re: Oppenheimer Family Buys GZ, Nigeria’s Top Can-Maker Firm by FireUpNow(m): 11:59am On Dec 01, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Yes. Nigeria has a lot of poor people with poor standards of living. Black South Africans have the highest living standards of all black Africans.

Ok comrade I rest my Case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Clamps Down On Online Money Lenders Over Breach Of Customer's Rights / 15 Facts About Ladi Kwali: The Pottery Woman On N20 Note / Why Dangote’s Failed Paste Factory Should Give Buhari More Headache Than Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.