Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home (1757 Views)

Fisayo Soyombo: Otedola Supporting His Friend Tinubu Is Business, Not Politics / Joe Igbokwe Cleaning Gutter In Lagos As He Begins Work (Photos) / Tinubu Dances With Oba Of Lagos As Buhari Flags Off Presidential Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by TopBanter: 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2023
Nightwolf1:
I invested my money in Ebonyi State long ago. I don't know what is wrong with those ones building houses everywhere even in the North.

They are trying to escape the biggest fear of the Igbo man in the whole universe. His fellow Igbo man.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Streetdoctor: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
gidgiddy:
My fellow Igbos, Anam Ekene!

I have been shouting it here on Nairaland for years that there is no such thing as 'one Nigeria'. If there was, every part of Nigeria would be where you can call home, including Lagos

I have told our people doing business all over Nigeria, particularly in Lagos, to never forget 'Aku rue Ulo'. If you choose to forget, you will be rudely reminded later

Treat Lagos the way you treat your shops, make your money, but go home. Your shop is not home. Go to Lagos, work hard legitimately, invest back home.

Stop investing in Lagos unless the investment has a direct impact on growing your business. As an Igbo man, you have no business buying land, filling swamps, carving out roads, buying or building residential houses in Lagos, do it in the East! The day they will come for you, you will only have your self to blame

"Onye Kwe, Chi ya ekwe"
U will sr a mother fuckers from d wasteful region that has never eaten since two days ago, will come and tell u "pack and go"

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Saltinny: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Treat that shitty place like trash. Lagos is overrated by illiterate, unexposed agberos. Nothing de there. Filthy and smelly.

I hope my people will heed to this advice, I can’t live in Lagos even if a person dash me a mansion house there. too congested, noisy, traffic is no go area, my car nearly got scratched by those bus drivers. Some Areas are eyes sore, when I hear Lagos I keep wondering if it’s another place.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Streetdoctor: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2023
PointB:

Now you get it.

There is no need to leave the market. Stay and make more mney, invest only what is needed to make profit, and repatriate your profit. But do no exit the market, repeat DO NOT EXIT the market, until time is ripe.
let me narrate a bit tori. One of my younger cousins wanted to come to lagos and hustle. i told jin not to borther coming to lagos that he should go to d stste capital and survey d environment then tell me what he feels that could move their
Young gee did as i told him, my brother, as i am writing to u now d gee is finding life so easy over their
I hv told all that cares to listen, that I wont invest kobo in lagos again. I will only transsct business snd go

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by CHRISTFUCKER: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2023
Iberibe na enye onye ala morale
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Neckpresser101: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Godfullsam:
An average Igbo thinks too high of himself.

How on earth will you even entertain the thought that, if igbos leave lagos, the Lagos economy will collapse?

No be mumu be that?!

What's wrong with thinking big about one's self?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by favor914: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
onumadu:
@OP, on point.
Mana malukwa na Igbo adighi agbaso oso mmiri karia mgbe mmiri mazuru ha aru.

The really smart ones are learning though.
One of my relations who is one of the richest men in my town have been quietly relocating for at least the past 20 years.
Today, he still owns the houses he built in Lagos 20 years ago, but about 80% of his real wealth is in Anambra state now.
He uses those Lagos houses to confuse people. Dude is a very trickish man by nature. He's long gone. lol grin
In fact he spends one month in Lagos and one month in the East these days.
Na time, the rest go follow.

Confused Clown, he has been trying to relocate from Lagos State for the past 20 years?

Let that your so called rich relative be deceiving you, so that you remain in Anambra State.

As you are there in the East today, where is that your relative? Isn’t he in Lagos State right now, handling his business?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by NaijirianKing: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
Lagos, Kogi and Kwara is not Yoruba land. Kwara is Fulani, Kogi is North Central, Lagos is a mixture of all Nigerian Tribes, no one tribe can say they control the cosmopolitan city of Lagos Nigeria. It belongs to all Nigerians.

PureFace1:
Many of you guys still underestimate the investment of Yoruba in Lagos lol

80% of Yoruba wealth in Nigeria is in Lagos State, many Yoruba from Oyo, Ondo, Ogun Osun, Kogi, KWARA invested heavily in Lagos to make Lagos what it is today, so even if all Igbo pull out of Lagos the vacuum will be fill by other tribes or neighbouring countries.

100years from now Lagos will still be the most industrial place in Nigeria. Lagos foundation is unshakable even In industrialization today no state in Nigeria can beat Ogun state, even Anambra can't match the industrial capacity of Oyo state. It is all futile endeavor.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by PureFace1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2023
NaijirianKing:
Lagos, Kogi and Kwara is not Yoruba land. Kwara is Fulani, Kogi is North Central, Lagos is a mixture of all Nigerian Tribes, no one tribe can say they control the cosmopolitan city of Lagos Nigeria. It belongs to all Nigerians.

If Yoruba are not in control of Lagos then who are ?

Is the Governor of Lagos an Igbo man?

Are the commissioners and ministers in Sanwo Olu cabinet Igbo and Hausa?

Are the law makers Igbo or Hausa ?

All the kings in Lagos are they Hausa-Fulani or Igbo ?

You can delude your self to regurgitate whatever you like but reality say otherwise. Your generation can only wail bitterly online.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by CSTRR: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
DiscoverID:
Which home should they go back to? So that you can kidnapp them for ransome? Your plan won't work. Gone are those days.
The same home they go every Christmas?

You are insane.

Btw, shouldn't you be happy?

The Igbos want to divest from your land.
Less investment, less attachment to who governs it.

You can now be free to elect oluomo.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by T9ksy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2023
CSTRR:

The same home they go every Christmas?

You are insane.

Btw, shouldn't you be happy?

The Igbos want to divest from your land.
Less investment, less attachment to who governs it.

You can now be free to elect oluomo.

Whomever we chose to rule our ancestral land shouldn't be of any concern to you.

I don't give a phock who your governors are no care but you igbos are so obsessed with Lagos - a city where you claimed, the locals hates your guts and you reciprocate in kind.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by SpatialKing(m): 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2023
Exactly
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by onumadu: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
favor914:
Confused Clown, he has been trying to relocate from Lagos State for the past 20 years?

Let that your so called rich relative be deceiving you, so that you remain in Anambra State.

As you are there in the East today, where is that your relative? Isn’t he in Lagos State right now, handling his business?

Demented goat.
You think that relocating BILLIONS of Naira investments is as simple as packing your polythene bags and leaving?
You say this because you have never seen or even dreamt of such massive wealth.
So, you insult people trying to share such truths with you.
Igbo have been relocating for years. That is partly responsible for the Anambra boom you see.
And they will continue relocating for a few more decades.
To relocate too hurriedly will break their business strategy and cripple them.
Now, go and educate your father.
Atulu. cool

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by CSTRR: 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
T9ksy:

Whomever we chose to rule our ancestral land shouldn't be of any concern to you.

I don't give a phock who your governors are no care but you igbos are so obsessed with Lagos - a city where you claimed, the locals hates your guts and you reciprocate in kind.

Locals like who?

Gbadebo Rhodes vivour, Doherty, bucknor and other real lagosians?

Nah. I don't think so.

It's the Yoruba immigrants from osun, ekiti, Ondo and Ogun that have a problem with igbos.

Your brown roof villages are nothing to write home about, so Lagos is the only thing you people "have".

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by T9ksy(m): 3:14am On Dec 02, 2023
CSTRR:

Locals like who?

Gbadebo Rhodes vivour, Doherty, bucknor and other real lagosians?

Nah. I don't think so.

It's the Yoruba immigrants from osun, ekiti, Ondo and Ogun that have a problem with igbos.

Your brown roof villages are nothing to write home about, so Lagos is the only thing you people "have".

Una go wail tire!!! Watch out, more demolitions on the way and what you all will do is
exactly, what you are doing now. You dare not go against ( yoruba) constituted authority in lagos state even though, no you igbos develop lagos so no una own lagos.

Oya na, fight.......

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by BitterTruth01: 3:31am On Dec 02, 2023
Godfullsam:

How on earth will you even entertain the thought that, if igbos leave lagos, the Lagos economy will collapse?

No be mumu be that?!

I have read the OP’s post again and I don’t see where he said anything like that . He is only asking his brethren to not invest in residential properties in Lagos .
The issue is with your deluded brain not the OP

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by nedu666: 4:23am On Dec 02, 2023
Gajagojo:
Funny people
You think the people who own Lagos are not thinking
That they don't have a vision for their land that does not include you?,
The train has left the station
So pe o ti lo
Our vision has no space for sole trader container and warehouse jokers?if you are not listed on the stock market we don't want you and will expel you in due course.
If you cannot have a one on one meeting with the CEO of Samsung ,if you cannot fulfil warranty you will not be welcome. We don't one one man businesses in Lagos without a corporate structure
It is just a question of whether you jump or we push you

What a joke? This one who can't even meet his local govt chairman is talking about meeting with ceo of samsung. Even in America there are millions of private businesses. Every mufu with phone thinks he is important. Dunce
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Godfullsam(m): 5:12am On Dec 02, 2023
BitterTruth01:

I have read the OP’s post again and I don’t see where he said anything like that . He is only asking his brethren to not invest in residential properties in Lagos .
The issue is with your deluded brain not the OP

There is a follow up comment that led to this my comment.

Don't be silly

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Pristine664: 5:22am On Dec 02, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Na Edo get Lagos 😄

Did Mungo Park found River Niger?

Did Flora Shaw found Nigeria?

Did British found Portharcourt?

Did Yoruba found Igbo land? (Meaning "bush people" by the Yorubas that named Igbo land)

Naming a place does not mean you founded it. Even America was not named by the Americans.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by orisa37: 5:53am On Dec 02, 2023
"Onye Kwe, Chi ya ekwe".

O YES. THE IGBOS ARE ALWAYS SEDITIOUS SABOTEURS.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by orisa37: 5:56am On Dec 02, 2023
"Onye Kwe, Chi ya ekwe".

O YES. THE IGBOS ARE ALWAYS SEDITIOUS SABOTEURS.

ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG NOW.
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by orisa37: 6:02am On Dec 02, 2023
AWOLOWO WAS MORE THAN A THIRD IN A.A.A PARTY BUT AZIKWE DETONATED THE CASE.
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by whyyou2023: 6:33am On Dec 02, 2023
gidgiddy:

I have been shouting it here on Nairaland for years that there is no such thing as 'one Nigeria'. If there was, every part of Nigeria would be where you can call home, including Lagos

I have told our people doing business all over Nigeria, particularly in Lagos, to never forget 'Aku rue Ulo'. If you choose to forget, you will be rudely reminded later

Treat Lagos the way you treat your shops, make your money, but think home. Your shop is not home. Go to Lagos, work hard legitimately, invest back home.

Stop investing in Lagos unless the investment has a direct impact on growing your business. As an Igbo man, you have no business buying land, filling swamps, carving out roads, buying or building residential houses in Lagos, do it in the East! The day they will come for you, you will only have your self to blame

"Onye Kwe, Chi ya ekwe"
you think the igbo in nigeria.. are igbo like ipob. They were born in lagos. They don't know igbo area at all. They are not going anywhere. They will die in lagos.
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Igboland: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2023
onumadu:
@OP, on point.
Mana malukwa na Igbo adighi agbaso oso mmiri karia mgbe mmiri mazuru ha aru.

The really smart ones are learning though.
One of my relations who is one of the richest men in my town has been quietly relocating for at least the past 20 years.
Today, he still owns the houses he built in Lagos 20 years ago, but about 80% of his real wealth is in Anambra state now.
He uses those Lagos houses to confuse people. Dude is a very trickish man by nature. He's long gone. lol grin
In fact he spends one month in Lagos and one month in the East these days.
Na time, the rest go follow.

Emergingnation:
Says marauding skull mining terrorist.. grin

Is your skull mining region safer than SE ?
PointB:

Now you get it.

There is no need to leave the market. Stay and make more mney, invest only what is needed to make profit, and repatriate your profit. But do no exit the market, repeat DO NOT EXIT the market, until time is ripe.
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Treat that shitty place like trash. Lagos is overrated by illiterate, unexposed agberos. Nothing de there. Filthy and smelly.
MEEVEET:
The same thing I have been saying treat it like a shop

If you must build gather six people build 6 flats everyone takes one manage it like that

Send your profit home

If possible open your company in your state capital so that you don't pay profit tax in Lagos
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Wickedtruths: 8:09am On Dec 02, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Na Edo get Lagos 😄

Na wetin that idiot called Ogiso of Benin talk be that wey Asari wan use slap kill am.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Jonjam269: 9:48am On Dec 02, 2023
IPOB mentality, you've been saying this from time immemorial and Lagos keeps flourishing and your people keep escaping to Lagos and other South West states. IPOB and senseless talk are like siamese twins.
What do you expect from people that believed Buhari was cloned or who can't differentiate between Germany Chancellor and University Vice Chancellor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2023
MEEVEET:
The same thing I have been saying treat it like a shop

If you must build gather six people build 6 flats everyone takes one manage it like that

Send your profit home

If possible open your company in your state capital so that you don't pay profit tax in Lagos
have been saying this for ages.
personally nothing go ever make me live in Lagos.
I can go there for business trip and back to my abode

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Occurstaem(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2023
Godfullsam:

No be mumu be that?!
Don't mind them.
I assume Dunning-Kruger effect is affecting most of them.
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by descarado: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2023
gidgiddy:

Treat Lagos the way you treat your shops, make your money, but think home. Your shop is not home. Go to Lagos, work hard legitimately, invest back home.

"Onye Kwe, Chi ya ekwe"
Sighs.
Una don start again?

Wearing your hearts on your sleeves.
Shame
Re: Igbos, Treat Lagos As A Shop, A Place Of Business,Not Home by Christistruth00: 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2023
BlackhatMentor:

Your tears can never change history.

One day one day we will recapture Lagos state just like Fulanis captured Ilorin

It will never happen

Just like Obasanjo didn't decide to take Over Your Homeland after you all surrendered to him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ìgbò Land Has The Highest Natural Gas Deposits In Africa / Vote Now: Federal Fire Service, Nigerian Police Or NEPA / Female ''thief thief'' Minister Arrested, Released, Fired, to be Re-arrested.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.