Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,669 members, 7,844,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) (1059 Views)

The Centre Of Corruption In Not Government But Regulator - Reno Omokri / At The Centre Of Our Campaign Will Be A Strong Desire To Serve The People - Obi / Lagos Is The Centre Of Good Governance In Nigeria - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by Christistruth00: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
Patriotsleague:

The main Yoruba elders know this,they know the truth. In the interview on YouTube, Oba of Lagos even sang a song, they sing in every coronation to honor the parent throne in Benin, to honor the Oba of Benin. It's on YouTube, and the print interview is what I posted earlier... but perhaps for politics,.clout or ego, everyone try to hide from truth and reality. Benin people don't have any praise songs for any Yoruba Oba, or praise names for them, because Oba of Benin is the greater Oba, so all praises go to him.

God bless us all in this great West African land.

For the one thousandth time Oba of lagos himself telling you at 5.45 minutes "benin are not the owners of lagos'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

Click on the link to get to the video
Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by Christistruth00: 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
I was showing you guys Historical facts that Ife founded Igodomigodo Kingdom and Benin and all of you ran Away since Yesterday

Na so it shock you reach?

Even your regular Back up Choir boys from the SE. are all missing in action

cool

Lagos is Yorubaland 100%

Founded by the Yoruba Awori

On top of all that it was Ife that Founded Benin

Yes I said It !!!!!

Ife founded Igodomigodo and Benin!!!!

Ogiso Obagodo who founded Igodomigodo Kingdom was an Ife man who was sent from Ife

He and his followers from Ife founded Igodomigodo!

When the Truth is on your Side God Almighty is on Your Side

Ife Founded Benin!!!!!

Oya!!
Wetin you want talk again !!
Deal with it!!!!

1 Like

Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by 249morohundiya: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2023
This quote from Ogiamien not one write up. You bi lazy? Hide something for black man in black and white.This quote from Ogiamien not one write up. You bi lazy? Hide something for black man in black and white....
Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by Patriotsleague: 8:35am On Dec 02, 2023
ivolt:

This should be coming from an illiterate not you.
There is myth and there is history. Oduduwa did not fall from the sky.
He was a full Ife man who won a royal tussle.
BTW, Benin also has its myth about the origin of Ogisos, but I have seen nobody
use that as evidence of anything.

Igodomigodo was just a little town before the Oba system was established.
It would have remained so if not for the infusion of the Oba civilization imported from Ife.
The most damning evidence is the change of name from Igodomigodo to Bini which signifies the arrival of a new sheriff.
Name change during this period often follows traumatic event.
It is good to read before arguing.

There is no relationship between Ekhaleran and Oduduwa. Stop putting them in the same sentence.
When Igodomigodo was in extreme turmoil and could not solve their leadership crisis, one of the parties
had to look for external help in Ife.

Ife is very much older than Benin.

If Oba of Benine wanted to be factual, he should have stated that Benin had a military base in a small part of Lagos island(less than 1% of Lagos) for a while after supporting one factional leader against his opponent.

In fact, the Oba would have been applauded by all had he stuck to the actual role played by Benin in the
development of Lagos during its early beginnings.

Saying Benin founded Lagos is misleading.
How can Ife be older than Benin, when a Benin Prince founded Ife, and it is known that Oduduwa (Izoduwa), is the founder of Ife...now I know you people are not reasonable.

You clearly stated Igodomigodo was in existence before Oduduwa episode and in same breath you said Ife is older than Benin...same unreasonable falsehood.

Let's try to make sense in our submissions...If Ile'Ife began with Izoduwa (known as Oduduwa by yorubas), how is Ife then older than Benin...when everyone agrees that Benin kingdom has had several kings before the Oduduwa/Oranmiyan episode...

Let's try to debate like reasonable people, I don't like engaging people who argue senselessly, it's a waste of my time.

Benin people never ever went asking yorubas for a king, because at that point,.the Yorubas have no organized society, they had no state or organized civilization, Ile'Ife created by a Benin Prince was the first civilization of the yorubas, how can we go asking for a king from people who have no state or king themselves...makes no sense. You people corrupted the Benin Prince story...what royal tussle happened in Yoruba land at that time, if Oduduwa was the first king of a newly birthed Ile'ife?

Fables, myths and folklores are just that, no evidence... intelligent people can not base their argument on that. Oba of Lagos can not come out to say Aworis are ancestrally Benin and he has Benin origins if it's not true, what will he gain by that lie, when he presently represent Yorubas?

Obas are custodians of morality and culture, they are bound to be truthful regardless, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos have no reason to lie.

Why didn't the Benin monarchy continue with Yoruba bloodline after Oranmiyan/Eweka', why did it continue with the bloodline of the Benin empire?

Why do Yorubas sing praises to Oba of Benin, as confirmed by Oba of Lagos (you can watch the video interview on YouTube), but we never have no praise songs, names or recognize any Yoruba Oba?

Why is Ile'Ife weak compared to Benin if yorubas had the control...and how and why did Aworis the Princes from Ile'Ife pay taxes to Oba of Benin and recognize him as the Parent throne, and Benin as the parent Kingdom... Aworis gladly and willingly paid taxes to Oba of Benin from Lagos, if yorubas had the parent throne they will pay to a Yoruba king.

You can't claim kingdom with fables, history clearly showed where the power lies, and kingship and monarchy is all about power and control, especially in those days, Ile'Ife has no power, glory or evidence to prove...all evidence and proof shows Ile'Ife is a creation of a Benin Prince, that is why Aworis were loyal to the Oba of Benin, without any fuss.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/benin-people-owned-lagos-aworis-paid-royalties-erelu-abiola-dosunmu/amp/

Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by KoshCAD: 8:55am On Dec 02, 2023
PaellaPaella:

He said you should go liberate your people in Ilorin and Install Oba in Ilorin
Mumu, have you liberated yourself from rivers and install your igwe, abi no be igboland again.

OSU mugu
Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by KoshCAD: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2023
Patriotsleague:

How can Ife be older than Benin, when a Benin Prince founded Ife, and it is known that Oduduwa (Izoduwa), is the founder of Ife...now I know you people are not reasonable.

You clearly stated Igodomigodo was in existence before Oduduwa episode and in same breath you said Ife is older than Benin...same unreasonable falsehood.

Let's try to make sense in our submissions...If Ile'Ife began with Izoduwa (known as Oduduwa by yorubas), how is Ife then older than Benin...when everyone agrees that Benin kingdom has had several kings before the Oduduwa/Oranmiyan episode...

Let's try to debate like reasonable people, I don't like engaging people who argue senselessly, it's a waste of my time.

Benin people never ever went asking yorubas for a king, because at that point,.the Yorubas have no organized society, they had no state or organized civilization, Ile'Ife created by a Benin Prince was the first civilization of the yorubas, how can we go asking for a king from people who have no state or king themselves...makes no sense.

Why didn't the Benin monarchy continue with Yoruba bloodline after Oranmiyan/Eweka', why did it continue with the bloodline of the Benin empire?

Why do Yorubas sing praises to Oba of Benin, as confirmed by Oba of Lagos (you can watch the video interview on YouTube), but we never have no praise songs, names or recognize any Yoruba Oba?

Why is Ile'Ife weak compared to Benin if yorubas had the control...and how and why did Aworis the Princes from Ile'Ife pay taxes to Oba of Benin and recognize him as the Parent throne, and Benin as the parent Kingdom... Aworis gladly and willingly paid taxes to Oba of Benin from Lagos, if yorubas had the parent throne they will pay to a Yoruba king.

You can't claim kingdom with fables, history clearly showed where the power lies, and kingship and monarchy is all about power and control, especially in those days, Ile'Ife has no power, glory or evidence to prove...all evidence and proof shows Ile'Ife is a creation of a Benin Prince, that is why Aworis were loyal to the Oba of Benin, without any fuss.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/benin-people-owned-lagos-aworis-paid-royalties-erelu-abiola-dosunmu/amp/
Yes! My ancestors are from The Kingdom of Bini, but they don't found Lagos. All the Royal Houses to the palace of Oba of Lagos, Iga Idungaran, we are all from Bini.

For better understanding, I'm from the Dosunmu Royal House of Lagos and equally from the Onikoyi Royal House. Onikoyi and the likes of Aromire, Olumegbon and so on, are the Idejo's and children of Olofinogunfunminire. My great-grandfather from my maternal side, was already in Lagos before the Binin, an incident happened that brought the Bini to Lagos, so they dont found anywhere in Lagos including Iga Idungaran, that place was primarily for Aromire, my grand father had already shared Lagos among his children and Iga idunganran was Aromire's portion.

Stop postin nonsense from one erelu.

Nigerians paid royalty to British, do they own Nigeria because of royalty.
Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by Patriotsleague: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2023
KoshCAD:
Yes! My ancestors are from The Kingdom of Bini, but they don't found Lagos. All the Royal Houses to the palace of Oba of Lagos, Iga Idungaran, we are all from Bini.

For better understanding, I'm from the Dosunmu Royal House of Lagos and equally from the Onikoyi Royal House. Onikoyi and the likes of Aromire, Olumegbon and so on, are the Idejo's and children of Olofinogunfunminire. My great-grandfather from my maternal side, was already in Lagos before the Binin, an incident happened that brought the Bini to Lagos, so they dont found anywhere in Lagos including Iga Idungaran, that place was primarily for Aromire, my grand father had already shared Lagos among his children and Iga idunganran was Aromire's portion.

Stop postin nonsense from one erelu.

Nigerians paid royalty to British, do they own Nigeria because of royalty.
Oba of Lagos didn't say own...he said helped create the nucleus...of course they were indigenous yorubas then, but Benin empire came with it's soldiers, and opened up the place, made it safe for international trade and for people to live around the areas...as Benin empire had been trading with the Portuguese since 1300s, the aim was expanding the trading routes via the sea.

Oba didn't say 'own' he said created the nucleus of Lagos. Nucleus of Lagos is Eko, Lagos island, not Epe, ikorodu, badagry, oshodi etc..
Re: Benin City: Cradle Of Black Civilization & The Centre Of The World(Edorisiagbon) by KoshCAD: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Oba of Lagos didn't say own...he said helped create the nucleus...of course they were indigenous yorubas then, but Benin empire came with it's soldiers, and opened up the place, made it safe for international trade and for people to live around the areas...as Benin empire had been trading with the Portuguese since 1300s, the aim was expanding the trading routes via the sea.

Oba didn't say 'own' he said created the nucleus of Lagos. Nucleus of Lagos is Eko, Lagos island, not Epe, ikorodu, badagry, oshodi etc..
I know Benin had influence in Lagos island then, but they did not found anywhere in Lagos. They came and met the Aworis who did not have leader or king but already living there.

The Aworis are resistance to the Benin armies and they went to report to the Oba who in turn sent his Price, Prince Ado. On getting there, the Aworis welcomed him and accept to make him their king, that was how a Benin price became first Oba of Lagos.

Olofin Ogunfunminire is the founder of every where in Lagos today.

So you guys should stop talking about royalty, it is suppression that made them do that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambrafirstson: I Hear You Are Married. / AEDC Apologises To Nigerian After Electricity Tariffs Hikes / The President Of Gambia Can Cure Aids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.