Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Which Job Should I Pick? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Job Should I Pick? (164 Views)

Which Job Can I Engage In As An Undergraduate On Holiday? / Which Job Can I Do To Support Myself As A Student On Campus??? / What Other Course Can I Pick With 188 Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Job Should I Pick? by Selfless1: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
I got two jobs, and I don't know which to go for.

Job 1 is a Porter position in a hotel. Salary - 40k

Job 2 is a Customer Service position in MTN. Although, the employment is not from MTN directly. It's from a company MTN outsource the job to. Salary is 35k, with a 5k increment every 3months.

Which should I choose, and please give reason. Thanks

Lalasticlacla please move to front page
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Navallo: 5:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
Take up Job 2, regardless of the increment. From there, you can move on to bigger and better offers, provided you're the hardworking and networking savvy type.

1 Like

Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by Selfless1: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
Navallo:
Take up Job 2, regardless of the increment. From there, you can move on to bigger and better offers provided you're the hardworking and networking savvy type.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by thesicilian: 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2023
Let's see.
First I don't expect you to still be in any of those jobs in the next 1 year, unless you have no better plan for your life, no offense.

Second, the 1st job will give you 40k monthly for 1yr = 480k at the end of 1 year.

The 2nd job will give you (35k x 3) + (40k x 3) + (45k x 3) + (50k x 3) (assuming the increments come as promised) = 510k. That's just 30k difference at the end of 1 year.

While you'll likely be sequestered in one office answering calls to faceless people reading from a manual and repeating the same thing over and over to hundreds of people weekly, the porter job will give you the opportunity to meet real life people, interact with them, get tips (both monetary and advise-wise) and possibly even connect you to your "helper" at the end of the day.
Re: Which Job Should I Pick? by budaatum: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
How did it go between your Okada Or POS Business and teaching?

Selfless1:
I am tired of my teaching job, so I want to do something else that will fetch me more money, since I've not been able to get a good job since I graduated 4 years ago. Please I need your advice, which one is better? Please state your reason. Thanks

Mod please help me post on homepage, I need people's opinion

(1) (Reply)

KDSG Scholarship 2023/2024:opportunities For Citizen Of Kaduna State / School Of Nursing (S.O.N.), Baptist Medical Centre, Saki 2024/25 Nursing Admissi / News Update: British Columbia Now Issuing Provincial Attestation Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.