Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? (273 Views)

Abuja In A Sorry State. What Wike Must Do To Revamp Nigerian Capital / Naira Swap: PDP Is Supporting A Policy That’s Wrecking Families - Arewa Group / Saraki Becomes The First Presidential Aspirant To Publish A Policy Document (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by ChiefOkporghe: 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Good evening everyone and a Happy New Month to you all.

I believe that we should all be contributors to the growth of our respective States especially as it is easier to have a deeper affinity to our States/regions/Zones/tribes than our nation Nigeria (unfortunately).

Imagine that you are involved in the governance of your State, what in your area of capacity would you suggest or do different??

Our leaders in governance (governors,
commissioners and Developmental members) may not really be the wisest.
Perhaps we have better ideas on how to do things better.

Let's share these ideas and our States. They are very relevant personalities on this forum, our ideas can be picked and put to work.

Developed and progressive States make a Developed and progressive Nation.

Keep party and sentiments aside. Don't insult anyone including leaders.
Just go straight to the point in this manner:

The State.
The Area of Interest/Capacity
Your Policies, reasons and projected outcome.

Please let's not derail this thread with ethnic and trtibal slurs.
Avoid those who try to stir hatred and/or derail this thread by not quoting them thereby not encouraging their negative agenda.
Peace.

Mynd44
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by ChiefOkporghe: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
My personal space to be modified later.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by SouthEastFacts: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Bring 100 Igbos into Lagos for every single one the children of hate, jealousy, and perdition frustrate out of Lagos.

So, if 100 leaves, 10,000 will replace them until sophisticators get sense.

We are already working on it.

They will cry taya

😂😂😂
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by SharingIsLife(m): 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2023
SouthEastFacts:
Bring 100 Igbos into Lagos for every single one the children of hate, jealousy, and perdition frustrate out of Lagos.

They will cry taya

😂😂😂
Stop this nuisance. I'm Igbo too. Stop making it look like Igbos are stupid. Where do you make such a policy? In your state or in Lagos? Tụfịakwa in eternum!

1 Like

Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by SouthEastFacts: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Stop this nuisance. I'm Igbo too. Stop making it look like Igbos are stupid. Where do you make such a policy? In your state or in Lagos? Tụfịakwa in eternum!
Keep crying

Next January, more Igbos will enter this Lagos. You can't love one Nigeria and hate the benefits of one Nigeria.

😂😂😂
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Entprys(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2023
I want to be fct minister. I will wipe all spare parts shops. All pharmacy stores. All akpu restuarants. And select over 80% of hotels for demolition.

I will be ruthless with selected transport companies G

1 Like

Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by BitterTruth01: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tackle security at the grassroots and local level

I am sick and tired of governors waiting for the FG to do everything relating to security because the police is under federal control

There’s no law preventing the empowerment of the various neighborhoods watch and vigilante groups around the country . There’s no law prohibiting governors from recruiting graduates and smart people into the neighborhood watch , supplying them with control centres and buying drones that can monitor the remote areas from the air

There’s no law stopping the governors from arming forest guards with shotguns or pump actions to take on the bandits , kidnappers and robbers that live in the forests .

The governors are too daft.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Pakute: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
I would document migrants and put them on a leash.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by cadmanspize: 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tax Church wella
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by chiiraq802(m): 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
$44 billion every month allocation to chiiraq company limited.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
SouthEastFacts:

They will cry taya

😂😂😂

Even in an hypothetical scenerio, the only dream u have is how you'll travel down to Lagos with all your kinsmen

I now know why they trol u guys nonstop

3 Likes

Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Theama(m): 11:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maybe on resources:

If you own land, ensure its active use—either lease it out or engage in agricultural activities. Unless under bush fallow, inactive land faces revocation.

For dormant business properties or buildings closed for an extended period, you either rent the facilities out or demolish them if no further use is envisaged. Repurposing the land for something beneficial e.g the issue of long-closed fuel stations wasting valuable space.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by FuckingMachine: 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
Tax oloshos.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Blue3k(m): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
state registry land registry online.
Certificate of occupancy needs to automatic with every land sale. (Policy goal 100% needs to tenured)
Make it as cheap and quick as possible to get a cert of occupancy
Lower income tax rates to encourage investment

1 Like

Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Validated: 3:41am On Dec 02, 2023
Entprys:
I want to be fct minister. I will wipe all spare parts shops. All pharmacy stores. All akpu restuarants. And select over 80% of hotels for demolition.

I will be ruthless with selected transport companies G
This is why you have remained poor. The same people your fathers destroyed and stole their properties are now your landlords in your own cities. Tueh!

1 Like

Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Entprys(m): 6:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Validated:

This is why you have remained poor. The same people your fathers destroyed and stole their properties are now your landlords in your own cities. Tueh!
Landlord ?
We are bringing Everything down.
Watch
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:33am On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=ChiefOkporghe post=127267421][/quote]

For me, I'll start with registration of those in my state, same thing Lagos is trying to do with LASSRA, where parents have to show their LASSRA certificate before their kids are admitted into state owned schools... I'll extend the same thing to state owned universities, all students there must be registered

Next will be automation of a lot of processes. There have been a lot of switch this year, in my place of work, from pen-paper to computer and it has been lovely, makes work easy... Everything now feels like cruise due to ease. So, I'll set up a standard ICT ministry with substations in all the local governments. A lot of processes that used to involve carrying papers up and down will become automated. This will reduce stress, increase productivity, not forgetting that it'll create enormous jobs for the 21st century tech-savvy youths in my state... From the state general hospital to local government offices, to state ministries, 80% of their activities will now be done online

Advantages to the above
- It's naturally boost internet connectivity in the state as internet providers will bid and outbid themselves to have a chunk of the money assigned for that purpose, so they'll be forced to give their best
- It'll force me as a government to work on increased electricity production, keying into the fact that the FG has now allowed electricity generation by states, it can even be a PPP project, as constant electricity is needed for such automation
- Although it'll lead to loss of jobs, but the saved money from salaries can be channeled into other areas, like road construction, e.t.c

Upgrading of ALL the state owned higher institutions, both in structure and standard. I'll personally coerce organisations in my state to take up building projects in the institutions, such buildings can be named after them after construction and furnishing, I don't care... Then, sack, yes, sack lecturers who are just matter, occupying space without any positive significant contribution...ancient of days... Looking at the dichotomy between polytechnics and universities and the seeming bias in the labour market, I'll work with NUC to convert the polytechnics to Universities of technology, colleges of education to universities of education, and shut down the irrelevant departments in them... Maybe move the department and students to the main universities while moving the technology/education departments to these specific ones

[/b]Let me conclude by saying I've never believed it's the place of government to create industries and manage businesses... I rather think government should create an enabling environment for private investors, while having oversight functions... Although in some cases like power generation, government can have a share in it, with a strong clause that hinders poor performance [b]
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Jokerman(m): 7:35am On Dec 02, 2023
Kill all theiving crooks
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by orisa37: 8:50am On Dec 02, 2023
THERE WILL BE STATE TRADITIONAL RULERS COUNCIL TO HANDLE SPSC FOR SPC, SRC AND SEC.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by Jagaban2012: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2023
SouthEastFacts:

They will cry taya

😂😂😂

Keep sending your mentally challenged people from.Nnnmyamiri region to Lagos state...if your region is comfortable and conducive...you don't need to prove a point by sending them....I doubt if the German or UK government will ever think of sending any of its citizens to country like Nigeria because their country is better off....
But since your state is worst off....you need a comfortable place like Lagos state to whittle down the suffering some of your deluded people are going through in your region...
As we are speaking some of your nnnnmyamiri people are full-time Olosho in Lagos State....collecting 300 -500 naira for all-night sex in a brothel..some of your brothers are selling gala and soft drinks on the third mainland bridge...some of them are turned themselves to touts at Alaba, Ladipo, market looking for what to steal in the market.....
Keep sending them. coming...and keep disgracing your people in Lagos State...while.you can take the time.to develop your region so that people will come and pay tax to your government......and build your region.....
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by ChiefOkporghe: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2023
Theama:
Maybe on resources:

If you own land, ensure its active use—either lease it out or engage in agricultural activities. Unless under bush fallow, inactive land faces revocation.

For dormant business properties or buildings closed for an extended period, you either rent the facilities out or demolish them if no further use is envisaged. Repurposing the land for something beneficial e.g the issue of long-closed fuel stations wasting valuable space.

I love the idea of Land Repurposing and Engagement.
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by ChiefOkporghe: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2023
orisa37:
THERE WILL BE STATE TRADITIONAL RULERS COUNCIL TO HANDLE SPSC FOR SPC, SRC AND SEC.

Could you throw more light??
Re: Imagine You're A Policy Maker In Your State, What Policies Would You Formulate? by ChiefOkporghe: 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

For me, I'll start with registration of those in my state, same thing Lagos is trying to do with LASSRA, where parents have to show their LASSRA certificate before their kids are admitted into state owned schools... I'll extend the same thing to state owned universities, all students there must be registered

Next will be automation of a lot of processes. There have been a lot of switch this year, in my place of work, from pen-paper to computer and it has been lovely, makes work easy... Everything now feels like cruise due to ease. So, I'll set up a standard ICT ministry with substations in all the local governments. A lot of processes that used to involve carrying papers up and down will become automated. This will reduce stress, increase productivity, not forgetting that it'll create enormous jobs for the 21st century tech-savvy youths in my state... From the state general hospital to local government offices, to state ministries, 80% of their activities will now be done online

Advantages to the above
- It's naturally boost internet connectivity in the state as internet providers will bid and outbid themselves to have a chunk of the money assigned for that purpose, so they'll be forced to give their best
- It'll force me as a government to work on increased electricity production, keying into the fact that the FG has now allowed electricity generation by states, it can even be a PPP project, as constant electricity is needed for such automation
- Although it'll lead to loss of jobs, but the saved money from salaries can be channeled into other areas, like road construction, e.t.c

Upgrading of ALL the state owned higher institutions, both in structure and standard. I'll personally coerce organisations in my state to take up building projects in the institutions, such buildings can be named after them after construction and furnishing, I don't care... Then, sack, yes, sack lecturers who are just matter, occupying space without any positive significant contribution...ancient of days... Looking at the dichotomy between polytechnics and universities and the seeming bias in the labour market, I'll work with NUC to convert the polytechnics to Universities of technology, colleges of education to universities of education, and shut down the irrelevant departments in them... Maybe move the department and students to the main universities while moving the technology/education departments to these specific ones

[/b]Let me conclude by saying I've never believed it's the place of government to create industries and manage businesses... I rather think government should create an enabling environment for private investors, while having oversight functions... Although in some cases like power generation, government can have a share in it, with a strong clause that hinders poor performance [b]

That's some massive Educational Reforms you have there.

(1) (Reply)

Frank Wants Wike, Others Probed Over Alleged Killing Of DPO, Diversion Of $300 / APC Using Emefiele To Distract Nigerians From Failed Refinery Promises / We Can’t Be Slaves In Our Home, Governor Uzodimma, Please Leave Our Land For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.