Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market (14005 Views)

FX Crisis: Naira Depreciates By N130 Against Dollar In 24 Hours / Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Naira Continues Free Fall On Official Window, Trades N1482.57/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Farki: 9:00am On Dec 02, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Cost of living get higher daily..

Nigerians needs to come together and voye in the right person... all tribalism won't solve anything

I love how Nigerians say this then come together to make sure the right person does not win the election.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Farki: 9:01am On Dec 02, 2023
Tsolutionifede:
shut up lie lie Igbo boy, whatever that is happening, Peter obi will be worst off

Enjoy your Tinubu now after all this is the best case scenario. Enjoy and stop complaining. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:02am On Dec 02, 2023
Farki:

I love how Nigerians say this then come together to make sure the right person does not win the election.

vote who you want....so long you only import,then nothing will change....

una could even end up payin more for the same thing than western nations....

this is the direction una are headin....
sorry....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by naijaboy756: 9:07am On Dec 02, 2023
Omor when Tinubu go submit budget his real old age face showed

Thank man for just go rest
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2023
guys listen....

so long you import more than you export,nothing will change no matter who you vote....

guys....!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Whalis: 9:10am On Dec 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

True
But same people still repatriate forex when they get there so it's a two way thing
It will take time before that starts.
And they are not sending through banks. They launder it to change in black market.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Zooposki(f): 9:11am On Dec 02, 2023
RosyIsBlessed:
And it continues the downward trend. Someone play that song 'which way Nigeria' for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRryNzHOks?si=bVYUAV3BSTpfGUTy

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2023
Whalis:

And they are not sending through banks. They launder it to change in black market.

this is the main issue....they get dollars from cbn,but they dont give back dollars to cbn....

they give it to black market people instead....

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Kukutenla: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2023
Whalis:

Launder ke?
How's that possible
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by emorse(m): 9:13am On Dec 02, 2023
nairalanda1:
What do Japan, South Korea, China, the EU, USA, UK, Norway , Russia, and Switzerland all have in common?

They are ALL exporters of MANUFACTURED GOODS AND SERVICES.

And until Nigeria becomes one of them, we cannot have a strong currency.
Finally bro, finally. Na wetin we dey argue that time be this o. Remember when I said subsidy was never our problem? Rather, it is corruption and the cluelessness of our leaders that is killing us. I remember you got so irritated and accused me of wanting "cheap" fuel smiley But bro, even the biggest economies in the world (USA, China etc) still subsidise sectors of their economies.

Now the little production that was going on in this country is dying a slow death. I know this because I'm right in the middle of it. I've had to lay the few workers I had off because sales no dey and as a result, money to pay them no dey.

Encourage local production by keeping cost of production(power, transportation, machinery, etc) as low as possible. That's all o. They say Nigerians don't like to buy made in Nigeria but I assure you, if production cost drops, product quality will rise and people will naturally drift towards made in Nigeria products. I mean, I can't force or persuade you to buy a bad, made in Nigeria product can I? It's well jare.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Khyrvxjzy: 9:14am On Dec 02, 2023
fnep2smooth:
I'm not praying for my beloved country to fall but since we never decided to choose the right people to make drastic decisions for the good of the country, let it fall yakata.

As a Google boy, Google credit me with block last month, something I use to see like 40k as of early this year. Omo I see 90k+ area scatter.

Abeg make nobody DM me, tribalism comments for there don make me dey mean.

😣😣

boss am poor
am apc supporter

please send me one thousand
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Launder ke?
How's that possible

if you guys would give back dollars to cbn the situation wouldnt be this bad....

you guys dont listen....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by dfrost: 9:15am On Dec 02, 2023
Psalmspsalms:
if u invested in dollar, it may be wise enough to cash out now

The naira will keep falling until. We have not started exporting anything tangible or do you know of any?
I'm surprised the so-called knowledgeable in the helmet of affairs don't really know what to do.

Dangote has told Nigerians not to bank on his refinery. Na business e dey do.
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by emorse(m): 9:16am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

vote who you want....so long you only import,then nothing will change....

una could even end up payin more for the same thing than western nations....

this is the direction una are headin....
sorry....

100%

However, the ideology of the person at the helm of affairs can go a long way in helping to improve local production. I mean government policies matter a lot.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Alliswell248: 9:19am On Dec 02, 2023
DKM123:
Soon Agbadoist will briefly remove thier heads from inside the anu..s of thiefffnubu to announce on this thread that it's for the good of Nigerians. Ask them how? They can't explain the voodoo economics to save thier lives.

Yet gullible sufferhe@ds like Alliswell248 keep falling for it. Madt people everywhere

Frustration @ its peak.....

Don't enter l@goon or drink snip£r.....
Pele.

I can employ you as my car washer because you are a drop out.

Olodo rabata.....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2023
emorse:

100%

However, the ideology of the person at the helm of affairs can go a long way in helping to improve local production. I mean government policies matter a lot.

how....??

is the person now in charge stoppin anybody to do local production....??

you wan believe politicians that are competin against each other....??
they will promise,but they cant force you to do local production....

its up to you....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by BigDawsNet: 9:20am On Dec 02, 2023
Farki:

Truth is country won't work if Nigerians don't work together as one... but some are just greedy.. they know the outcome but they still wanna do the wrong thing
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2023
dfrost:

The naira will keep falling until. We have not started exporting anything tangible or do you know of any?
I'm surprised the so-called knowledgeable in the helmet of affairs don't really know what to do.

Dangote has told Nigerians not to bank on his refinery. Na business e dey do.

we wan bet that dangote would rather export his refined fuel than sell to nigerians....??
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by emorse(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2023
benardtotti:

Ok so what is the alternative for the fg if they don't float it? Pls note subsidising the naira is not an option as there is not enough money to do that , so what alternative will you proffer?
Yet they spend the little there is on SUVs, Yachts, house renovations, etc?

Bro I believe even if they would eventually float it, they should have been more intentional with it. I mean they should have known items that are required to improve local production and subsidised those. That's how the Chinese government is helping Huawei and co to stay alive in the mobile phone market.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by BigDawsNet: 9:23am On Dec 02, 2023
lastkingsman:

Lmao grin

Nigerians need to revolut and bring the country to a stand still. If you think your votes count after how APC rigged 2023 elections then I don't know what you are smoking

A clear example is what Nyesom Wike did for APC in Rivers State. Your pvc is useless.

When APC is done reclaiming Kano via the Judi-sharing (of dollars), BAT will do eight years successfully and hand over to Ganduje (Gandollars) maybe with Akpabio (pounds) / Wike (projects) as VP.

The country is on an auto cruise to hell

Do you know it was easy to rigged because they had the population to made it successful for them...

Even with the billions, power and connection.. the rigging won't manifest if they have low voters supporting them...

I know someday Nigerians supporting this people will wake up and they will do the right thing
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by obi58: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2023
Freestuffsng the armchair economist is in tears right now.... His propaganda of the dollar crashing anytime soon to N600 remains a beautiful dream grin

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Kukutenla: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

if you guys would give back dollars to cbn the situation wouldnt be this bad....

you guys dont listen....
Which guys? Has Gandollar given the one he stuffed in his babanriga back to CBN? Or he's allowed to keep his loot

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:24am On Dec 02, 2023
emorse:

Yet they spend the little there is on SUVs, Yachts, house renovations, etc?

Bro I believe even if they would eventually float it, they should have been more intentional with it. I mean they should have known items that are required to improve local production and subsidised those. That's how the Chinese government is helping Huawei and co to stay alive in the mobile phone market.

you get it....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by dfrost: 9:24am On Dec 02, 2023
emorse:

100%

It's a collective responsibility. Ideology and body language matters, yes albeit you still need advisors.
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Do you know it was easy to rigged because they had the population to made it successful for them...

Even with the billions, power and connection.. the rigging won't manifest if they have low voters supporting them...

I know someday Nigerians supporting this people will wake up and they will do the right thing

nothing was rigged....
many people dont like obi....

when you want to talk about riggin,it was actualy south east that massively rigged....

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by dfrost: 9:27am On Dec 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Which guys? Has Gandollar given the one he stuffed in his babanriga back to CBN? Or he's allowed to keep his loot

😝🤣🥴
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by DKM123: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2023
Alliswell248:

Frustration @ its peak.....

Don't enter l@goon or drink snip£r.....
Pele.

I can employ you as my car washer because you are a drop out.

Olodo rabata.....

LMAO! See this sufferhead that cannot even find transport to go for his elebuke work talking about owning a car.
An olodo man who writes like a child and sleeps on Nairaland defending bad governance is definitely a poverty stricken n!ncoompoop who has sold his m!serable soul for bread crumbs.

Ewu Gambia! Be@st of no value! Nkpi!
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Kukutenla: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:
guys listen....

so long you import more than you export,nothing will change no matter who you vote....

guys....!!
But according to NBS we had more exports than imports this year
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

you are only takin from cbn but you are not givin back....

no western nation would tolerate what nigeria is practizin....
now you wan excuss yourself with Gandollar....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by emorse(m): 9:30am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

how....??

is the person now in charge stoppin anybody to do local production....??

you wan believe politicians that are competin against each other....??
they will promise,but they cant force you to do local production....

its up to you....
Omo, cost of production and poor sales are killing local producers o. Many of us are hanging by a thread. I even read in the news how some "big" companies have folded up. You don't think they started production with the intention to stop abruptly at a time like this do you?

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by tsdarkside(m): 9:31am On Dec 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

But according to NBS we had more exports than imports this year

if i hear....

which kind lie is that....??
show us the stats....
Re: Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market by Kukutenla: 9:31am On Dec 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

you are only takin from cbn but you are not givin back....

no western nation would tolerate what nigeria is practizin....
Will any western nation allow Gandollar sleep in his bed the night that video broke? Not to mention spending eight years and now ruling chair? I'm tired of the hypocrisy of picking and selecting where to compare ourselves to western nation. There's no western nation that has politicians at all levels hoarding dollars in their bedrooms and toilets. That distinction is for Nigeria and fellow African countries

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

External Reserves Hit $38.7bn, Rise By 50% In One Year / Banks Lose N5bn To Fraudsters In Nine Months – NDIC / Shoprite/palms Sango Ota Opening Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.