Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas (35932 Views)

Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Naira Scarcity Worsens As Banks Limit Withdrawals, ATMs Run Dry / CBN Cash Withdrawal Limits May Hinder Economic Growth As It Happened In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by tosinblaze: 6:08am On Dec 03, 2023
I just hope after Christmas it goes back to the way it is, if not 2024 na another type of stress
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by naijaboy756: 6:14am On Dec 03, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Tinubu just spent 6 months.....Do you except him to perform miracles like your jew Jesus. Who they claimed that, he Fed multitudes with 5 loaves of bread and fish?
maybe Alex Otti has spent 6 years and not six months! Maybe the minister of interior has spent six years and not six months

Think!
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by DKM123: 6:15am On Dec 03, 2023
Na so so lament Nigerians go dey lament for this country. That's what you get for allowing one man with one head to use all of una head combined and playing ping pong with the life of millions of Nigeria!!!
Make una continue to dey "suffer suffer for world, una go enjoy fur heaven" since una docility and gullibllity na like world without end.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by andyanders: 6:24am On Dec 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He actually created the problem by mopping and destroying significant amounts of the old notes
You're right. But with the new cbn governor in charge now, why must we experience same problem that made Nigerians called for the head of Emefele when he came up with his own policy?

Nigeria's problem is beyond repairs. Our leaders are our problems.

Within this same money scarcity, the politicians will be in their houses and put just a call to their banks to deliver #20mill to their respective homes.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by DKM123: 6:26am On Dec 03, 2023
yewit37486:
Meanwhile the Ogun state Finance director that sadly lost his life earlier this week withdrew the whooping sum of N112 million naira cash.
So, it's one rule for the rule makers and another for others, real double standards.

That's the thing. Nigerians are so gullible and fall to ask the right questions.

If the bankers want to cash out as they are saying and causing Nigerians to suffer, aren't there leaders that were elected to see that such fraud doesn't happen? Aren't there leaders that were voted in to PROTECT the citizens from the desperate wickedness that humans are known to display?

How can you say it's the bankers you blame when you have a GOVERNMENT? Is the GOVERNMENT helpless in the hands of the bankers? Isn't that m@dness in practice? Make it make sense!

Unless ofcourse the same government and thier allies are also CASHING OUT ON THE PAINS OF NIGERIANS AND SO TURN A BLIND EYE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Hydriss(m): 6:27am On Dec 03, 2023
In my humble opinion I think it's a measure to curb armed robbery this Yuletide season. Scarcity of cash, no bank robbery
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Tonytonex(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2023
Teepresh2:

https://leadership.ng/customers-lament-as-banks-slash-withdrawal-limits/
khai? Some people sef. Wetin pesin wan use 200K cash do?
What happens to online transactions?
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by MomohMrMoore: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2023
In other countries, the banks where depositors cannot get their money have failed and are usually taken over by the insurance corporations and other banks. Its a failed economy
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Mosba: 7:52am On Dec 03, 2023
We have to review definition of BANK in Nigeria context just like the need to review those of democracy, and in fact government itself
Back in school bank was (now erroneously) defined as a financial institution where money and valuable items are kept safe pending the need of the owner to use them. And to do that you have to withdraw them from bank first. However, as we can see, I don't care how much you have in one of Nigeria banks I use, that money isn't safe, every time I receive alert of one deduction or another and when I went to bank ATM to withdraw now there is a limit to how much I can withdraw from what I laboured to make?
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by finallybusy: 8:15am On Dec 03, 2023
Tighten your belts. These coming seven years go hard.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Saidfx(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2023
If Akeredelou's wife need 10million cash, she go get am. "Western democracy is not good for Africa" - Obasanjo
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Sleekfingers: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2023
G
naijaboy756:
maybe Alex Otti has spent 6 years and not six months! Maybe the minister of interior has spent six years and not six months

Think!

No man alive can turn around Nigeriw dead economy in 6 months. Do you know how rotten Nigeria is? Do you know how many years it took the Chinese to get their country out of the mess their corrupt leaders plunged them into?
It is a gradually process, that's why it is important for Tinubu to do the right thing. So the next president can also take it from there.

And lastly you used the interior minister as an example, obviously, you don't know the mess Nigeria is in......There is no man on earth that can solve Nigeria's problems in 20 years. But we got to start from somewhere.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Ishilove: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2023
Nigerians too should start embracing e-transactions more. Ahn ahn.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Dec 03, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Why would anyone want to withdraw and carry cash.? This is how we spread terrorism. .do transfers if your transactions are legit ...geeshh...it's even dangerous. See how Ogun Accountant was killed and cash stolen

Before you can ask this kind of question, we need to talk about how much because there's no society where people don't carry cash in their pockets
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by maasoap(m): 8:54am On Dec 03, 2023
Saidfx:
If Akeredelou's wife need 10million cash, she go get am. "Western democracy is not good for Africa" - Obasanjo
You're quoting a former dictator who wanted to alter our constitution to make himself our eternal civilian president. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by unmask: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2023
Please go cashless. Why people still need more than 5k still baffles me. There are several fintech app that can help you transact easily.

This is only a problem if we want it to be. The solution is abundant
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by bigpicture001: 9:19am On Dec 03, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
A female friend of mine who has a POS stand told me shortly after the cashless policy had ended that she made more than 3 million naira profit in the space of just 4 months. Money she had never made in the entire 2 years that she has been doing POS work. Now, imagine what the banks made that period when money was being sold. Are you starting to see the clearer picture?

Now, if you think that those who profited from selling Naira will just let it continue flowing, then you don't seem to understand the extent of wickedness of some Nigerians. Most POS operators are earnestly hoping and praying for it to happen again, and they depend on the banks to ensure that it happens. Now its left for CBN to save us from what these people are planning to use in cashing out this Xmas.

BTW, let me put it out there that if that day ever comes that Nigerians will return to buying their own currency, then they must as a matter of urgency free Emefiele and replace him with Cardoso. Because the South South will not take it lightly. I rest my case.

u didn't say anything....leme ask u now..is ur female friend still doing pos..?

if yes, then sh is lieing yo u
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by lukui: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2023
I went to buy food this morning, I asked the pos guy does he has cash, he said no

The woman selling stuff said she doesn't take transfer,

I had to trek kilometers to buy food chop

Welcome to Nigeria

It wasn't oyinbo that spoilt our country, we spoilt her ourselves!

#itiswell!
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by AllDModsAreMaad: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2023
Kachidubem:

You are dumb , very dumb... I still maintain the stance of "I don't need much cash at hand" coz I purchase almost everything with transfer or my card.

That why,I after I close shop for the day, I'm always eager to deposit any cash with me via POS , den just leave chicken change with me.

I don't see the need carrying cash up and down, if I wanna pay for a PS5 , I pay via transfer, if I wanna buy a new phone , I pay via transfer... I don't see the need for raw cash

Except you are doing pos business grin, you may need cash all the time ... na POS people like you dey full bank nowadays

Mu², like I said cash business is not meant for 30k agba do boys like you.

FYI, in my business line or area, I am one of the few go-to people when people needs bulk cash. Infact prior to the cashless period, na my side most of the POS people around me dey come collect cash if they have customers that need bulk cash.

Let's say you are a business person and you have cash of 500k or more with you at the end of each business day, you go deposit am for POS abi?
This statement shows you are one hu ngry fellow supporting his sla vemaster
Na so mu² like you go dey cast yourselves for here.

Or you're a business person that do settle offloaders, drivers etc, na transfer you go do for them abi.

Yes, I accept POS terminal payment in my business but I still need cash to do some certain things.

Lastly, I can't even remember the last time I entered the bank to withdraw cash or use a bank's ATM point.
Even, during the peak period of the cashless period I still dey get enough cash.

Come, find your mate and discuss with him, you don't worth my time and attention.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by EtinosaDLaw(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2023
bigpicture001:

u didn't say anything....leme ask u now..is ur female friend still doing pos..?

if yes, then sh is lieing yo u

K.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Easylife1234: 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2023
Haaa abeg ooo
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by abbiboy: 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2023
Good idea by the banks this shld ease pressure on funds withdrawals.
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by achimendy(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2023
Think9ja:
Na who get money for account de lament, no be us weh Betta Edu don disappoint

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by achimendy(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2023
Ogene001:
They protested against Emefiele, yorubas have taken over everything now. Oya let's see what they will do

We are seeing the nonsense the yorubas are doing already na

Abi eye dey pain you?
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by Melagros(m): 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2023
Ogene001:
They protested against Emefiele, yorubas have taken over everything now. Oya let's see what they will do
Exactly
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by MasterTeeUSA: 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Sure but the person was trying to withdraw N200k...that is a lot. 5 of those withdraws is N1m...we need to limit these types of withdraw and report suspicious activities if the person is doing daily withdraw in cash.

maasoap:

Before you can ask this kind of question, we need to talk about how much because there's no society where people don't carry cash in their pockets
Re: Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas by maasoap(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Sure but the person was trying to withdraw N200k...that is a lot. 5 of those withdraws is N1m...we need to limit these types of withdraw and report suspicious activities if the person is doing daily withdraw in cash.

POS business operators are making matter worse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kimberly-Clark Opens $100 Million Plant In Lagos / Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved / Betting Techniques That Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.