Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Was Nigeria Created For People That Can Endure Suffering? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Was Nigeria Created For People That Can Endure Suffering? (132 Views)

I Did My Best To Endure And Make It Work - Prophetess Naomi Divorces Ooni Of Ife / 2 Majo Tribe In Nigeria Created By British Will Surprise You / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was Nigeria Created For People That Can Endure Suffering? by Padipadi(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2023
This thought has been dropping in my mind. I made a comment about it in one topic laidat!
I noticed that when it comes to endurance and suffering, no country can beat Nigerians in suffering through hardship. As in the way I see people's testimony is alarming. With all that we go through? With the poor minimum wage, renumeration of civil servants, even workers in private organisations especially private school teachers are survivors. Those aunties & uncles can suffer like mad. When you see their shoes (both male & female), you know the meaning of suffering.
For the past six months, Nigerians v been buying fuel for over N500 and now N620-N630 in most places. Formerly from N180 we were buying last year. Even with the removal of subsidy, things now turned for worst! Purchasing power sef don drop yet we still coped. Life's not supposed to be endured but enjoyed. No constant power supply. You go enter streets a times na vroom-groooom-gbrenhn-gbrommm of generator sound you go dey hear left, right & centre. Ya eyes & nose too go suffer from inhaling exhaust & letting the smokes enter ya eyes. All sense organs of Nigerians are custom made for suffering!
Let's talk about the street hawker, the market women, food seller etc. The salary earners too nko?
People earning up to N100K can't conveniently pat school fees of their kids that's N100K or up to N300K per term. If economy is good, shey person go dey earn N100K in Nigeria like $100K or £100K and not hammer more than a ritualist/politician? In developed countries, food, petty commodities, household items, etc are in few pounds. Maybe £5, £$10 etc. But in Nigeria, inflation has jacked them up to thousands. You v to earn big to be able to spend big.
Army dey suffer, doctors dey suffer, police dey suffer, teachers dey suffer, parents dey suffer, kids dey suffer. Olosho sef shared in the suffering. Look at that Emefiele Suffering period of January - March 2023. It was hell on everyone has the economy was crippled cos of change of naira notes that's not sufficient. You can't get cash, you can't do bank transfer everything just became crippled!
Yet politicians still laundered money during the 2023 election. Some via direct cash sharing, bank transfer. In fact some created cash cards that was shared to voters. So the issue of we wan prevent money during election was defeated. Na the masses come suffer for nothing that Emefiele cash crunch times. See as people just dey hungry dey kpeme cos they couldn't use their money. People get money for bank but can't use it. I had a friend who's wife had miscarriage during that time cos she trekked to antenatal when she nor get cash for tfare and bank transfer no gree go. Naso she say make she trek small sotey she go lose the baby.
Na all these matter just dey my mind I say make I share.
What are the things you v also experienced on Nigeria that really showed this country looked like a born to suffer camp.
Cos what we pass through daily is unbearable to many in sane climes.
In fact, I see no hope. Now every family don dey prepare for tougher times and that's why most v joined the Japanian gangs. It's like they do meeting, assist some of their people to overseas in order to become future bread winners of their family.
The floor is open to contributions from all Nigerians. Shey na laidis we go dey?

Re: Was Nigeria Created For People That Can Endure Suffering? by JASONjnr(m): 10:01am On Dec 03, 2023
Omo..... E be like say na true.
Re: Was Nigeria Created For People That Can Endure Suffering? by Beuberry(f): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2023
Padipadi:

I had a friend who's wife had miscarriage during that time cos she trekked to antenatal when she nor get cash for tfare and bank transfer no gree go. Naso she say make she trek small sotey she go lose the baby.
Very touching.
This country is not smiling at all. Hardship everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

/ Question Nigerians? Foreigner Wanting To Know About Making Friendships? / Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity Problems: Contact Hawktechsquad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.